CF18

49 minutes ago, sharky said:

Fixed ;)

In all fairness the last release looked better in real life than the prototype figure promo shots, but they still didn't look much like the character they were supposed to be.  If I can pick them up dirt cheap at Gamestop like wave 1 I'll pick them up just to have them.  Who know maybe someone can 3D print better heads one day. :unknw:

My very first impression when I saw these "figures" is that they are clay characters pulled straight out of "Robot Chicken".  Jeez...

I posted this on the wrong thread.

OMG where do i begin. Ben may have lost his crotch area, back when the SDF-1 barrier exploded. He seems to have also lost his face, since he looks like a Muppet. It seems the explosion made him skinnier too. Who sculpted this? A 10 year old? Claudia looks sort of alright, but too generic. Cap Global is clearly drunk, and he looks too light skinned. That is a boy-band Rick, but i do sort of like the uniform. That looks like Lisa's stunt double. The problem is her eyes should look sort of "sad" on the edges. Her eye lashes slope down in the animation, not up. if you look up her image, you can see this immediately. 

It almost feels the artist did this by memory, or while watching the Muppet's show. 

A pass for me. It is incredible to think Ben has such bad looks down there. It looks worse than Gi-joes did back in the 80's. The only reason why the other ones look decent, is their crotches are covered. 

Breetai does look ok.

Edited by vlenhoff

I wonder if those will be actual photo-etched metal detail pieces. Either way, that's an insta-buy for sure. I'm glad Alpha x Omega aren't using the same sculptor as Banpresto/Bandai for their recent releases. That face sculpt is looking much better.

This version of Sheryl is better than the EXQ version by far...

Wait a minute here... I thought this version looks somewhat familiar to a degree and it does.

My post dated September 18, 2018 with the two Frontier girls and it's Ranka's turn after this.

41452186_1908077329271027_5685240298385440768_n_jpg_95e2df4adb3150c00e53272ca9d9f083_jpg_1a6b3d029466801b9778d55d9f24b32e.jpg

Edit: I'm sure that some of the colours based here will end up on the newer version of Sheryl.

Edited by borgified

This looks like a regular retail release, not a game prize or Ichiban figure, so of course it will be better sculpted and overall better quality. 

Of course that means it'll be 10k, minimum but probably more. I'll be buying it for sure. 

9 hours ago, kajnrig said:

I wonder if those will be actual photo-etched metal detail pieces. Either way, that's an insta-buy for sure. I'm glad Alpha x Omega aren't using the same sculptor as Banpresto/Bandai for their recent releases. That face sculpt is looking much better.

Yeah, I was about to say it actually looks like Sheryl for once.

16 hours ago, Lolicon said:

This looks like a regular retail release, not a game prize or Ichiban figure, so of course it will be better sculpted and overall better quality. 

Of course that means it'll be 10k, minimum but probably more. I'll be buying it for sure. 

True, but for $60-80 I'd have expected the Spirits Kuji figures to be slightly higher quality... though I suppose they are, just not in that particular department.

And it's not as if the arguably ugly face isn't actually accurate to some of the artwork. I seem to recall a close-up of her head for an in-universe promotional image looked a lot like those "ugly" sculpts. It doesn't actually look bad, just very different from how she usually looks.

5 hours ago, Petrov27 said:

Still do not understand the wing on these - what is it supposed to be? Part of whatever they are sitting on I assume but sure looks odd

I think the Sheryl is meant to present someone with the laurel (olive) crown to the victor of whatever event(s) that just happened (a la Greek/Roman Goddess hence the wings on the base.

Ranka reminds me of Diana/Athena.

Hence the title "Another Mythical World" ^_^

2 hours ago, Moosey said:

I wonder if they will be stuck to their bases or not. 

There is the possibility that the base is separate, however we shall find out.

This the version of the two Frontier Girls that I do prefer than the Complete Black version.

SUFanMikuFan1559290383.jpg

Alright.... Major update and there is going to be a whammy of pics.

From Denkei Hobby page - https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/773373/

Here is the pics and they're all random.

So they're following the first Spirits Kuji Sheryl in picking with versions you want A, B, or C and this time they included Ranka.

DSC_9140.jpg

DSC_9142.jpg

DSC_9144.jpg

DSC_9147.jpg

DSC_9148.jpg

DSC_9151-440x293.jpg

DSC_9153-440x660.jpg

DSC_9155.jpg

DSC_9157.jpg

DSC_9159.jpg

DSC_9161.jpg

DSC_9164.jpg

DSC_9165.jpg

DSC_9171.jpg

DSC_9166.jpg

DSC_9167.jpg

Edit: Added Black version of Sheryl to the correct spot and a clearer version of Orange version of Ranka.

Edited by borgified

Another Sheryl and Ranka? I mean, c'mon now Bandai. In case you haven't noticed the DX VF-1J and the VF-1S PO is selling like hotcakes. Don't you think that's a good time to invest also on Minmay or Misa figures? Include Hikaru as well. Banpresto should do it. What say you?

Did qnyone order the Kids Logic 1/6 Rick Hunter figure recently? And if so, how long did it take to ship out?

I ordered one a week ago and so far no shipping notification, although I did read that there were delays with their cockpits, but that was a while ago...:unsure:

16 hours ago, Tober said:

Did qnyone order the Kids Logic 1/6 Rick Hunter figure recently? And if so, how long did it take to ship out?

I ordered one a week ago and so far no shipping notification, although I did read that there were delays with their cockpits, but that was a while ago...:unsure:

I didn't know KidsLogic already put in their store list the solo figure for Rick. So it looks like even the solo release will not be equipped with the stuff that they've shown years ago when they announced this fig. (Space helmet, different collar, pistol, etc.) :unsure:

10 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Saw this in my email today.  For $60 though, I think I'll pass, especially with those dead eyes and weird face.  Not bad otherwise though.

eec14be4-937a-4a18-858d-824d969ca523.jpg

It's cheaper to buy direct from Kitz Concept.

Also, I'll take what I can get when it comes to "Old Lady" action figures.

On 6/13/2019 at 12:37 PM, no3Ljm said:

I didn't know KidsLogic already put in their store list the solo figure for Rick. So it looks like even the solo release will not be equipped with the stuff that they've shown years ago when they announced this fig. (Space helmet, different collar, pistol, etc.) :unsure:

This figure would have benefitted highly from being able to cover up the face with the helmet...may still get it if it is ever discounted...;)

23 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Uniform seems pretty good to me, and I've rewatched a couple times in the past few years.  Maybe the yellow is a bit too bright.

150?cb=20150716160634

I think faces from that era of animation are hard to capture in plastic.  But that doesn't mean they couldn't have done a bit better...

I think the eyes look a lot better than the Plamax version

729d23a51e8a7fd3144be10750efa9e5.jpg.c19d099b4dfe772404297fc6212332be.jpg

11 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I think the eyes look a lot better than the Plamax version

I was a sucker for the cute, complacent eyes of the playmax model, but those too are not the eyes of an assertive, top brass female.  I may try my own if not too small (they're way too small).

The hair is perfect on the kc figure  tho.  Ah, who am I kidding.  I have the Minmei figure already, so I have to get this one.

Edited by Pontus

3 hours ago, Pontus said:

I was a sucker for the cute, complacent eyes of the playmax model, but those too are not the eyes of an assertive, top brass female.  I may try my own if not too small (they're way too small).

I see those eyes as the eyes of a Misa realizing she’s in love with Hikaru.