CF18

On 4/17/2019 at 11:30 PM, no3Ljm said:

I like it but she's too expensive. Y5000 more and you already have a DX 1/48 VF-1. :cray:

Beggars can't be choosers. I'm waiting on her release. Should be soon.

On 3/15/2019 at 3:21 PM, UN Spacy said:

Gonna look perfect next to CM's Gutto Kuro Minmay.

That price is damn steep for a six inch fig though.

At first I was thinking, "it's only 1,620 yen, that's not expensive at all'  Then I realize that's just the deposit.  

Anyone interested?

I believe this is a full set of all the 30th Macross Cross-over figures? Ebay has the set for roughly $35 USD (not including S+H).

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1062961704&ref=list&keyword=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B9&lang=en

Here's the pic.

untitled.png

Another update: So I have been corrected by another member. It's not the figures itself, however it's a wall scroll of the figures listed. Didn't see the dimensions at the bottom right corner. :fool:

Edited by borgified

I got a payment request from AmiAmi today for the Misa Hayase figure.  Well I guess it's technically a kit, but if it's totally painted and simply needs to be snapped together, it sounds like more of a figure to me.  But then I've never gotten one of these Playmax 1/20 figure kits before.  Am I in for more than I expect?  The description makes it sound like there's eye stickers and different color options, so that sounds fairly complete color wise.  Let me know if I should post this elsewhere.

TOY-SCL2-96645.jpg

1 minute ago, Pontus said:

I got a payment request from AmiAmi today for the Misa Hayase figure.  Well I guess it's technically a kit, but if it's totally painted and simply needs to be snapped together, it sounds like more of a figure to me.  But then I've never gotten one of these Playmax 1/20 figure kits before.  Am I in for more than I expect?  The description makes it sound like there's eye stickers and different color options, so that sounds fairly complete color wise.  Let me know if I should post this elsewhere.

TOY-SCL2-96645.jpg

You'll have to paint it if you want it to look like those pictures. 

On 4/26/2019 at 3:51 PM, Big s said:

If it’s anything like the hikaru, then there probably some separate colors and decals but things like the striping may need painting

Yeah, the pinstripes and pockets are gonna be a major pain.  :unsure:

payne.thumb.jpg.965d6995cceb7bc1b4233863e6cc416d.jpg

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I've never liked the shape they chose for Misa's eyes. They just don't feel right. 

Gotta say I much prefer her facial animation in DYRL and FB2012.

FB2012 Misa is best Misa.

If it's printed with a decent SLA printer, it'll be smooth as glass.  Liquid resin has come a helluva long way in the last few years.  B))

Check out the curves on this 3D-printed model, for example:

1218366825_littleengines.thumb.jpg.20cc9415ca19c8688926b31b23e2b4f3.jpg

one-twenty-seven-hundredth.thumb.jpg.ff452e9ef3e266106f41e1289df9980d.jpg

There's more detail present than can even be seen with the naked eye!  :o

On 4/27/2019 at 8:15 PM, tekering said:

Yeah, the pinstripes and pockets are gonna be a major pain.  :unsure:

I'll do my best!  :good:Thanks for all the help guys.

How long does SAL unregistered typically take?

Edited by Pontus

8 hours ago, tekering said:

If it's printed with a decent SLA printer, it'll be smooth as glass.  Liquid resin has come a helluva long way in the last few years.  B))

Check out the curves on this 3D-printed model, for example:

1218366825_littleengines.thumb.jpg.20cc9415ca19c8688926b31b23e2b4f3.jpg

one-twenty-seven-hundredth.thumb.jpg.ff452e9ef3e266106f41e1289df9980d.jpg

There's more detail present than can even be seen with the naked eye!  :o

Thanks, @tekering! ^_^

I really would love to have that Minmay Flashback 2012 figure. But sad to say, I really can't justify the price they're asking. :cray: 

2 hours ago, Pontus said:

I'll do my best!  :good:Thanks for all the help guys.

How long does SAL unregistered typically take?

It can be up to a month (or more) before you get the package.

I order lots stuff from Manda and go for SAL (Registered) when possible if I'm in no rush to get it. The 1/48 Stealth VF-1J (sans SSP) that I got recently had SAL (Registered) as shipping and got it in a week (usually two) and it depends on the space and the availability in the shipping container.

11 hours ago, akt_m said:

Nendoroid Survey.

http://special.goodsmile.info/nendoroid_survey/en/

Now it is the time to request a Minmay, Hikaru or Misa nendoroid.

Thanks for this! I used it but had to vote for Jubei Kibagami from Ninja Scroll. It is a damn crime there are no figures from that classic. 

If I did vote for a Macross figure, it would be Sivil x1000000

edit: crap, just noticed this is for nendoroids only. Would be a sick joke if they made Jubei a nendoroid and not a figma. 

Edited by Slave IV

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

had to vote for Jubei Kibagami from Ninja Scroll. It is a damn crime there are no figures from that classic. 

Maybe because like 3/4 of the cast would be very NSFW.

GSC: "What memorable scenes can we recreate with these figures?"

Literally Everyone: *nervous glances*

3 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

:rofl:BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHA!!

that made my weekend!

17 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

You are talking about Japanese figure manufacturers that literally make naked female characters with penetrating accessories. 

17 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

You are talking about Japanese figure manufacturers that literally make naked female characters with penetrating accessories. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Wait, HAVE GSC (or Max Factory) made full-on sex figures? I know they toe the line every now and again with this or that character in this or that line, but I thought they always stayed juuust on this side of sexually explicit.

On 4/29/2019 at 5:33 PM, jenius said:

No Miriya??

The owner told me that they might do a Myria figure depending on how sales of the other figures go.

I' m really hoping the sales are good as not only do I want a Myria, but new improved armoured Zentraedi warriors are the Macross grail figures for me. Mb they might also do those ...profits permitting.

Soldier On My Shoulder.jpg

Edited by Podtastic

Just got back from out of town and this was waiting for me.

1662409436_MinmayFB201201.thumb.jpg.192622bcb909be8044e9e82792ba563e.jpg

So what are my thoughts?

Short version: The most disappointing Arcadia Macross purchase I've ever made. I can't recommend it.

Longer version:

Okay, so she's a 3D printed figure and though technically non-scale, I'd peg her around 1/10 scale. She's right at 15 cm tall with her stand. She comes with a mini screwdriver and a couple of screws; she needs to be screwed into her display stand. Only one screw is needed, but you get two in case you lose one, I guess.

I've been wanting a good quality Minmay figure since forever and was hoping this release would finally fill that niche, as the only Minmay figures I own are a tiny CM trading figure and an SQ game prize figure. Unfortunately this falls short.

The design/art of the figure is great. Unlike the Gutto kuru figure from years back, this one actually looks exactly like Minmay, as if she was lifted straight out of FB2012.

What kills it for me is the fact that, since she's a 3D printed figure, she looks like a 3D printed figure. Instead of being nice and smooth like a standard anime PVC figure, you can see all the banding on the surface where the filament was laid down.

Now this is my first 3D printed figure, so maybe my expectations were too high and that this is par for the course for 3D printed figures? Maybe, but at this price point, I think Arcadia should have just produced her as a standard anime PVC figure, with some clear green parts for her big green round jewels. That would have looked 10x better, even as a mid-level quality anime figure.

At a distance (more than, say, half a meter away), under normal room lighting, she actually looks great. It's only when you get closer (and have a super bright light for photo taking like I do) that the imperfections really come to light, so to speak. I have her sitting on my desk right now as I type this and she looks nice.

So I'm glad to finally have a Minmay figure, but I wish she was better produced (when seen up close).

432329965_MinmayFB201202.thumb.jpg.c158ddba4365510e15a5e2eda59c8486.jpg

499698981_MinmayFB201203.thumb.jpg.feb8ab77e2527a1429b0ba6d56d3eeab.jpg

97407943_MinmayFB201204.jpg.888871f5f35253574eeae7311e62537e.jpg