CF18

20 hours ago, borgified said:

I don't know if this will suffice?

Thanks. So definitely they don't look good at all without painting.

I'm not in the mood. I will stick with my CM'S, unless they do something unique.

Edited by arbit

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Why does it look better than the Sheryl scope, though? Can you tl;dr it, or should I watch the entire video to find out?

From what I can understand from SilentCiel's review, Ranka was better sculpted overall and painted better than compared with Sheryl (even though he had high expectations for Sheryl).

I believe that Ranka's face sculpt is easier to mold than Sheryl's due to that fact that Sheryl has a narrower nose line and it's harder to get a perfect nose sculpt on the molds. :p   

I'll pick up only the EXQ Ranka only and the Blue Spirits Kuji Sheryl.

I usually stay away from girly figs, but Sheryl (and Mirage) is an exception. I'll try and grab one of the Kuji figures later this month. Either the blue, or the cape-less one.

[edit] Now that I think about it, in all of Macross the only "Idol" girl I actually like is Sheryl. Though I at least don't hate the DYRL Minmay, and Mylene from 7 is decent.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

That sitting Sheryl price wise is roughly 2.5k yen and it's not too bad looking. 

When it this being released? The Spirits Kuji Sheryl is to be released next month on the 23rd (?). 

Since I have the Movie VF-31f, I'm more leaning to get Freya.

55 minutes ago, borgified said:

That sitting Sheryl price wise is roughly 2.5k yen and it's not too bad looking. 

When it this being released? The Spirits Kuji Sheryl is to be released next month on the 23rd (?). 

Since I have the Movie VF-31f, I'm more leaning to get Freya.

The EXQ Figure (ie the one I inadvertently preordered) is coming sometime in December. This other auction page gives a date of January 11: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h351642807

The Kuji Sheryl is, yes, releasing November 23.

6 hours ago, pikashoo said:

Did Bandai ever officially cancel the other Walkure Figuarts besides Mikumo and Freya? 

No official statement nor announcements from Bandai. What I know is that if figure didn’t sell well, then there’s no point of expanding it. :unsure:

But then again, who knows? :unknw:

Ranka looks alright, but that Sheryl... she looks like a two dime hooker cosplaying as Sheryl.  I'm well aware that Sheryl does dress provocatively; but like Lolicon indicated, the face is all kinds of off, and combined with the outfit we get a pinch-faced weird-lipped heroin addicted street walker doppelganger of Sheryl.

Eh, I don't know if the figure looks BAD. If you look at some of the artwork, her face does change sometimes. Risa Ebata seems flummoxed by Sheryl especially sometimes, since her face sometimes goes from very angular with a sharp chin and nose (common in the anime) to... this (which seems to have become more common in the time since the series, especially in the movies and art for CDs, etc.). A longer face, with more curve to the chin and nose and fuller cheeks.

Anyway, on another note, I just updated my thread getting rid of some stuff:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I put in an order for the C, guess now I get to wait and find out if someone beat me to it.

edit: Also, there's an A ver for ¥2,000 cheaper at Nakano: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1100811685&ref=dos

Edited by Sanity is Optional

10 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, I put in an order for the C, guess now I get to wait and find out if someone beat me to it.

And "Sold Out".. Version A is still up for grabs.

Edit: It's also listed on Amazon Japan. Keyword: Spirits Kuji - You have to find the right version to get it shipped out to where you are.  

Edited by borgified

24 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

edit: Also, there's an A ver for ¥2,000 cheaper at Nakano: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1100811685&ref=dos

Saw that. 8k is still pretty steep for a ichiban figure. And I think the cape-less versions looks better anyway. 

No capes! 

e1860fdab44d86c209a8c58ebbb64dd5.jpg.271d0adda784a47cd2f7b373075dd2f4.jpg

Just now, Lolicon said:

Saw that. 8k is still pretty steep for a ichiban figure. And I think the cape-less versions looks better anyway. 

No capes! 

e1860fdab44d86c209a8c58ebbb64dd5.jpg.271d0adda784a47cd2f7b373075dd2f4.jpg

Agreed, and since the C was only ¥6,000 (while the A was ¥8,000) I have no regrets.

Got a set already. Just waiting for shipping. They are all well sculpted, but I'm interested in this as well...

On 10/31/2018 at 4:05 PM, kajnrig said:

So, like a doofus, I mistook this for the Kuji figure and picked it up for what will ultimately be something like $40 plus shipping, thinking I was getting an amazing steal on its 5800-yen asking price... Oh well, it'll still probably be completely worth it, dem gams are mmmmmmffffff.

i-img440x660-1540707587crjbcw53662.jpg

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g304575430

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:34 PM, borgified said:

The A and C versions of the Spirit Kuji Sheryl is back up on Manda if anyone is interested.

I just purchased A and B, and will probably get the C version when I'm in Japan next year in June, but I think A and B are different enough to get the feel of the sculpt well enough. I can't wait until they show up. I'm kind of a huge Sheryl collector, so oddly, for that character, I go a bit out of the way.