CF18

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 11:57 PM, no3Ljm said:

Decent, you say? I'm pretty sure KitzConcept offering is decent enough. Atleast some small company is taking stab at it. ;)

I meant decent scale like 1/6 or 1/7 similar to most modern pre-painted figures. I did see a Minimum Factory Valkyrie this morning though. So I guess it will go well with those small figures. Still I want something of higher quality and detail for DYRL figures.

On ‎2018‎/‎04‎/‎26 at 12:26 AM, JetJockey said:

I meant decent scale like 1/6 or 1/7 similar to most modern pre-painted figures. I did see a Minimum Factory Valkyrie this morning though. So I guess it will go well with those small figures. Still I want something of higher quality and detail for DYRL figures.

I sometimes wonder if I am the only person on the entire planet who wants sixth scale (like Hot Toys SW line) quality Zentraedi figures.

• 2 weeks later...

I've liked how every one of those finished 1/20 character kits has looked so far.  If they were pre-painted scales in the 1/8 to 1/6 range I'd definitely buy.  But since they're model kits then they're pointless for me, because they certainly wouldn't look anything like the pictures if I assembled and tried to finish them.

5 minutes ago, GabrielV said:

But since they're model kits then they're pointless for me, because they certainly wouldn't look anything like the pictures if I assembled and tried to finish them.

I always have to remind myself of this when I’m tempted to buy a kit lol

14 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I always have to remind myself of this when I’m tempted to buy a kit lol

14 hours ago, GabrielV said:

I've liked how every one of those finished 1/20 character kits has looked so far.  If they were pre-painted scales in the 1/8 to 1/6 range I'd definitely buy.  But since they're model kits then they're pointless for me, because they certainly wouldn't look anything like the pictures if I assembled and tried to finish them.

I’m not a modeler either and very inexperienced in painting. However, I think you can pick and choose on these 1/20 kits. Simple design and paint schemes is achievable even for beginners like me. The China minmay is the first human figure I’ve put together and it’s at least presentable in my eyes and wasn’t all that much work because of how tiny it is. 

I might pick up Hikaru and Misa too. Minmay was a good practice kit. 

CEGrhXrh.jpg

1 hour ago, hachi said:

What type of paint was used on this?

Those are Testors bottles in the background...

20 hours ago, 007-vf1 said:

How does the minimun Factory compares to the old CMS figures in size and quality?

I don't have a Minmay handy, but perhaps CMs Ranka can demonstrate the size difference for us:

5af569510c143_CMsvsMF.thumb.jpg.1f9a2926b7bd07d4a3b0d22543e8dc73.jpg

CMs Macross figures are 1:15th scale.  Minimum Factory models are 1:20th scale.

eyescale.thumb.jpg.73270529dd9278ae10c53d4576a37d9e.jpg

The question of quality is a far more difficult one, since we've comparing completed figures to injection-mold model kits.  :huh:

Edited by tekering

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Those are Testors bottles in the background...

I don't have a Minmay handy, but perhaps CMs Ranka can demonstrate the size difference for us:

*snip*

CMs Macross figures are 1:15th scale.  Minimum Factory models are 1:20th scale.

*snip*

The question of quality is a far more difficult one, since we've comparing completed figures to injection-mold model kits.  :huh:

Enamel or acrylic?

10 hours ago, hachi said:

What type of paint was used on this?

It's just Testor enamel I got from the local Michael's. At some point I'll spray matte coating over it to get rid of the shine. 

Note that i left the skin and hair unpainted.

Edited by locidm

15 hours ago, locidm said:

It's just Testor enamel I got from the local Michael's. At some point I'll spray matte coating over it to get rid of the shine. 

Note that i left the skin and hair unpainted.

Ah ok. Unfortunately the local store doesn't seem to have Testor enamel (or even the colors I would need).

I really should stop coming to this thread subforum board in general. Now I want me some of this. Any word on maker/scale/etc.?

Also, Ranka and Sheryl are still seeing new products churn out while Delta seems to have nothing but crickets. Is there any word on any upcoming Delta figures? I'd love love LOVE for some Ichiban Kuji or SQ figures or whatever of Walkure + Mirage from the new movie.

22 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

BLASPHEMY!!!!

Lovely..... lovely blasphemy..........:wub::D

• 4 weeks later...