CF18

15 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I see. Is this true of all SQ figures, even those outside of this series? (ie the Ranka/Sheryl/Minmei figures, other show/game figures, etc.)

I am not sure for all the SQ Figures but as for the Macross Delta figures they are pale without shading for skin tones, with the SQ Figure Sheryl and Ranka they are much bigger and have paint for skin tone details compared the the Walkure.  I haven't take pics of Sheryl and Ranka yet, but here are the first set of Walkure.

32155865176_8ccebe6a45_h.jpg

Edited by Saburo

• 2 weeks later...

6 hours ago, yman1437 said:

Why all these love for Minmay and not for Misa? All there is as toy was the 15th anniversary. No one would buy Misa? How about one interchangeable into the captain of Megaload one?

I'd buy Misa. I have the CM'S version, and the Banpresto one is on the way, but I'd get a modern figure of her for sure.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Great shots Saburo! The cheap 800 yen game prize figure of Mirage in her flight suit is, oddly enough, probably the best looking figure of her. ^_^

Just wait for the bikini version if they ever paint and release her. It would have been nice to get a 1/4 or 1/6 flight suit version though.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hachi said:

So SH Figuarts MIkumo is on sale:https://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?ItemGroup=WEEKLYFIG102017

I didn't get one. But while listening to the Frontier soundtrack I got hypnotized into preordering the SHF Sheryl Nome. :lol:

You should've listened more to Macross Delta's Soundtrack instead. :lol: 

2 hours ago, hachi said:

So SH Figuarts MIkumo is on sale:https://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?ItemGroup=WEEKLYFIG102017

I didn't get one. But while listening to the Frontier soundtrack I got hypnotized into preordering the SHF Sheryl Nome. :lol:

Nice...glad I waited.

On 9/15/2017 at 12:02 AM, Saburo said:

Mirage Overload.

37214346575_da2502a4f2_h.jpg

37214344965_88d50af7d9_h.jpg

37214343565_e7782956f1_h.jpg

37214342155_04db854f3d_h.jpg

I have so much love for Mirage. She was Best girl from Macross Delta. It's why she's the member of Delta Platoon who's fighter I bought. That and Mirage was just so adorable...

Those are some excellent shots @Saburo. Wish I had the patience and equipment for that. I'm stuck using my iPhone for my pics.

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

I was thinking of getting a Mirage figure...is one of the uniformed figures better than the other?

The pilot uniform? If so, one is the "Figuarts Zero Mirage Farina Jenius," and the other is the "Banpresto SQ Figure Mirage Farina Jenius."

---

Figuarts Zero Mirage:
pros
+ generally better workmanship
+ better sculpt
+ clear helmet visor
+ comes with additional face (blushing)
cons
- smaller than Banpresto figure
- more expensive (retailed for ~5000 yen, managed to snag mine for ~2500)
- sculpt is arguably not significantly better

---

Banpresto SQ Mirage:
pros
+ slightly larger than Figuarts
+ cheaper (got mine for ~$15)
+ "fuller" sculpt
cons
- "stylized" sculpt (not necessarily a con, but worth noting)
- skin tone is pale, doesn't feature paint (according to Saburo, anyway; my limited knowledge/collection of figures means I can't easily tell)
- opaque helmet visor
- not as expressive (IMO)

---

I'm sure there's more that can be said comparing both, but I don't have the Banpresto figure in front of me to do so. Saburo might have more insight for you; he's had more time with the figures.

6 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

The pilot uniform? If so, one is the "Figuarts Zero Mirage Farina Jenius," and the other is the "Banpresto SQ Figure Mirage Farina Jenius."

---

Figuarts Zero Mirage:
pros
+ better sculpt
+ clear helmet visor
cons

---

Banpresto SQ Mirage:
pros
+ "fuller" sculpt
cons
- skin tone is pale, doesn't feature paint (according to Saburo, anyway; my limited knowledge/collection of figures means I can't easily tell)
- opaque helmet visor

---

I'm sure there's more that can be said comparing both, but I don't have the Banpresto figure in front of me to do so. Saburo might have more insight for you; he's had more time with the figures.

Thanks very much!  Yep, I was looking at the pilot uniformed ones.  Saburo's pics make it hard to decide, they all look great lol.

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

I was thinking of getting a Mirage figure...is one of the uniformed figures better than the other?

I was too... 

19 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

---

Figuarts Zero Mirage:
pros
+ better sculpt
+ clear helmet visor
cons

---

Banpresto SQ Mirage:
pros
+ "fuller" sculpt
cons
- opaque helmet visor

---

So, I did. I went after the Banpresto in pilot suit, since it was inexpensive. I was just looking to Add something to my Display for my Mirage VF-31C. Until the super parts are released anyway.

Snagged it for ~$14 on Amazon...

On 10/11/2017 at 12:10 AM, no3Ljm said:

You should've listened more to Macross Delta's Soundtrack instead. :lol: 

Haha the character I like the most from Delta is Mirage and I already have her Figuarts Zero version. So that soundtrack has no effect on me :p

On 9/29/2017 at 1:22 AM, Lolicon said:

Great shots Saburo! The cheap 800 yen game prize figure of Mirage in her flight suit is, oddly enough, probably the best looking figure of her. ^_^

The Banpresto figure is quite nice for its price tag. Between the FA-Zero figure and the Banpresto figure, the Banpresto is the better deal. 

On 9/29/2017 at 5:04 AM, JetJockey said:

Just wait for the bikini version if they ever paint and release her. It would have been nice to get a 1/4 or 1/6 flight suit version though.

Yes! :D

On 10/11/2017 at 5:30 AM, Valkyrie Driver said:

I have so much love for Mirage. She was Best girl from Macross Delta. It's why she's the member of Delta Platoon who's fighter I bought. That and Mirage was just so adorable...

Those are some excellent shots @Saburo. Wish I had the patience and equipment for that. I'm stuck using my iPhone for my pics.

Thank you @Valkyrie Driver, with the right setup you can take great shots with a phones camera.

On 10/11/2017 at 7:34 AM, derex3592 said:

That last shot is just the business!!! :wub:

:D:wub:

3 hours ago, Moosey said:

I think I will have to get that Walkure outfit Mirage, too cute. Saburo should get a job for Banpresto/Bandai/etc as publicity photog!

Its cool figure and I think the prices are still reasonable on it.  I would love to get a job working for Bandai as a photographer, if it was side job I'd eventake product as payment.  :D

• 1 month later...
On ‎2017‎/‎09‎/‎24 at 9:43 PM, yman1437 said:

Why all these love for Minmay and not for Misa? All there is as toy was the 15th anniversary. No one would buy Misa? How about one interchangeable into the captain of Megaload one?

What stuns me is that there is no Millia Fallyna figure.

https://www.facebook.com/VAMPYBITME/photos/a.10150158704412711.291651.370120112710/10152975601977711/?type=1&theater