DX VF-25G

zulu

Well, if you guys are really so enraged by how utterly inaccurate the paint scheme is, I'd be happy to take the thing off your hands free of charge. Heck, I'll be nice and even cover the cost of shipping. :p

Nice, maybe mine will end up in customs soon.... My packages usually hit the SFO customs office, but I have not seen an update. I am guessing I will have it on Fri/Sat.

My orders normally hit LA only because I live in SD. If it gets processed fairly quickly I may get it by Friday. c",)

Paid for mine on 10/1 at NY, received tracking and shipping info this morning before I woke up for work. I guess NY is hit or miss, but they've been all hits for me so far so I'll keep letting it ride with them.

I paid for mine on the 28th of September.

Edit: I just sent them an email putting them on point. While normally I'm cool with a wait while they sort their stuff out, the fact that some people who paid after me already have shipping and tracking notices, that irks me to no end. This probably is going to be my last purchase from them, unless I get a perk, or great explanation why.

Edited by Jasonc

I paid for mine on the 28th of September.

Edit: I just sent them an email putting them on point. While normally I'm cool with a wait while they sort their stuff out, the fact that some people who paid after me already have shipping and tracking notices, that irks me to no end. This probably is going to be my last purchase from them, unless I get a perk, or great explanation why.

Paid for mine the 16th as well... and just got notice yesterday (the 3rd) that it was just shipped out. Maybe they're going by who placed their pre-orders first? I was on the late boat... a couple days (2/3?) after the first price because I missed the first run and ended up with 230 a pop.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Thanks for the kind words guys.

The grappling hooks are made of plastic, and the wire is the same as the little alternate Alto you got with the VF-25F.

As for the toy, I don't know about anyone else who has theirs already, but the QC on mine is awesome. No major paint problems, no bent or warped pieces, no floppy wings, all the joints are tight, but not too tight... Bandai really did a great job.

I figure I have to go through the ridiculous preorder hunt at least one more time, which would be for Luca's. Maybe twice, if they do a renewal VF-27, which I really hope they do. But other than that, I think I am done for Frontier unless Bandai decides to venture into doing Klan Klang's Queadluun or something, which probably won't happen.

Edited by pud333

So after all the nail-biting and cancelling of orders (with NY) and then scrambling for new orders (long story), it turns out I'm getting two of these babies. One from HLJ, which I barely made (Yay!)...and one via a second order with NY (after cancelling the first preorder with them in haste). The HLJ order came after the 2nd NY order. Guess which one I overpaid for?

I wasn't planning on keeping both but now that I've looked at the pictures, I'm leaning toward keeping both because I love the VF-25G (second to the Ozma).

I'm still not happy about the price I paid for the NY order but I'll deal with it. I understand why they up the price like that but it makes me less likely to go to them first for any kind of orders in the future.

On a happy note, I pulled my HLJ order like a champ. I'm one lucky bastard B))

Edited by xrentonx

I don't remember off the top of my head what the conversion at the time was, but I know I got mine for 16,000 yen, plus shipping. I pretty much preordered with NY from the day they had it, so I missed the price hikes.

According to the tracking number it hit customs already, so I might have it by the end of this week. :)

Edit: Whoa. Seriously.. I just checked the tracking number on the USPS site:

Processed Through Sort Facility: October 03, 2012, 3:41 pm ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility: October 03, 2012, 1:03 am KANSAI INT APT, JAPAN

Processed Through Sort Facility: October 03, 2012, 12:51 am KANSAI INT APT, JAPAN

Acceptance: October 01, 2012, 9:38 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a package get processed, and arrive in LA the same day. Granted, there's a big time change in there to help... but still. :blink:

Edited by Chronocidal

out for delivery!!!! yay! just missed getting it delivered on 30th anniversary of sdfm by a day. lol.

On a side note....Someone REALLY REALLY needs to recast the arm part of the stand in clear plastic. I like the functionality of the stand but hate that it looks lik ea big black stick up the gerwalks crotch. Can someone get on that? :-) i've been wanting a clear version since the V1 days. the flightpose stands are great but not that stable as they loosen over time with usage.