3D-Brainx

• 2 years later...

So, every time I get back to this I somehow end up redoing everything. I'm never fully satisfied with the result. So, again, and for the third or forth time, I redid all textures and materials. It's been two years since my last update on this, and a lot has change since then. But, I think this is it, I'm just the legs away from finishing and I'm liking this result. It's more clean and accurate in terms of colors. Hope you Guys like it, let me know what you think!

post-14893-0-49530300-1471729426_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-67957500-1471729444_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-32474000-1471729475_thumb.jpg

Hi-res images in the zip file.

YF-21.zip

Thank you so much for the high resolution shots. Your work is a real treasure. I always save every piece. I love the update you did, but you should save both versions, lighter and dark. You can then stage them in different scenes, depending upon the mood/atmosphere of what your going for in an individual composition. Bravo!

Did you have plans of doing a clear canopy version for non-BDI versions and also the VF-22 Cockpit version canopy?

Amazing work as always sir!

I'll eventually do it, yes. I plan to model a not so detailed cockpit for the 21. Besides the canopy and the bottom bay doors, is there any other difference between the 21/22?

I'll eventually do it, yes. I plan to model a not so detailed cockpit for the 21. Besides the canopy and the bottom bay doors, is there any other difference between the 21/22?

I don't believe there is anything else noticeable in the fighter mode.

• 2 months later...

Hello Guys! I'm done with fighter mode, but didn't render any new images since I just added a few more decals here and there and removed some parts from the arms and legs that where protruding out. I'll render some final images once I'm done with the cockpit.

I'm also almost done with gerwalk, I'll upload some images when I'm done.

Just to keep the thread going, here's the gunpod!

post-14893-0-19799100-1479067853_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-62362400-1479067864_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-08405500-1479067879_thumb.jpg

As always, find attached the high resolution images.

YF-21 Gunpod.zip

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the comments!

So..., after 5 years..., I'm done. I'm finally done. Here are some final renders including Gerwalk mode.

Well, I'm not 100% done because I'm going to model a scene for this, maybe New Edwards in the back. I need to look for some reference images. But I'm working on it.

There are some non Macross thing that I'm working on right now, so it might take some time, but I'm doing the YF-19 next to pair it up with the 21.

YF-21_Test_37.jpg

YF-21_Test_38.jpg

YF-21_Test_39.jpg

YF-21_Test_40.jpg

YF-21_Test_41.jpg

YF-21_Test_42.jpg

YF-21_Test_43.jpg

YF-21_Test_44.jpg

YF-21_Test_45.jpg

Dude you're awesome, great work!! Very inspiring!!

I can share some of the references I've been collecting about New Edwards and the YF-19 (I can make a couple of orthographic views for you to get references) my work is not as polished as yours but it might help you, congrats on finishing this amazing VF!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, thanks for the comments! 

On 9/2/2017 at 8:53 PM, eosmusashi said:

Dude you're awesome, great work!! Very inspiring!!

I can share some of the references I've been collecting about New Edwards and the YF-19 (I can make a couple of orthographic views for you to get references) my work is not as polished as yours but it might help you, congrats on finishing this amazing VF!

I'll take those references! Thanks a lot. Your 19 is amazing. Lots of details and the fact it can actually transform is amazing. 

On 12/2/2017 at 1:27 AM, Knight26 said:

You and eosmusashi should work together to recreate some scenes from Macross Plus.

We should, though we use different softwares. And my model is not very animatable haha. 

On 2/23/2017 at 7:21 PM, Zinjo said:

Do you have a zip of the Super Hires renders coming?

Stunning work my friend!

Thanks! I think that with the new forum the images uploaded are the full resolution ones. Check the bottom left corner and see if you have a "full size" option. If its not there let me know and I'll upload a zip file.