3D-Brainx

4,000 pixels? A man after my own heart :)

Yeah, I got used to work at that resolution because of my work with architectural visualization. So I usually render at that resolution.

Will you model the VF-11B and X-9 as well?

The VF-11 is in my plans but I haven't considered the ghost. Not sure who will be next though, there are just to many and I like them all!

Yeah, I got used to work at that resolution because of my work with architectural visualization. So I usually render at that resolution.

I worked at a resolution of 2,000 to 3,000 pixels for most art in the original version of my website with plenty of the pictures that were sadly below even that. Since my access to art books has improved and my scanner/computer has far surpassed my earlier hardware, I've gone into the stratosphere with resolution. Most of the pictures I color now are 5,000+ pixels in the largest dimension and a good third of my new pictures are 10,000+ pixels :)

The VF-11 is in my plans but I haven't considered the ghost. Not sure who will be next though, there are just to many and I like them all!

Just do them all; that's what I do, LOL :)

I worked at a resolution of 2,000 to 3,000 pixels for most art in the original version of my website with plenty of the pictures that were sadly below even that. Since my access to art books has improved and my scanner/computer has far surpassed my earlier hardware, I've gone into the stratosphere with resolution. Most of the pictures I color now are 5,000+ pixels in the largest dimension and a good third of my new pictures are 10,000+ pixels :)

Wow, 10,000+ Love to see that!. Really thrilled to see your site updated.

Just do them all; that's what I do, LOL :)

In time...., I just need..., time.... ;):lol:

Wow, 10,000+ Love to see that!. Really thrilled to see your site updated.

In time...., I just need..., time.... ;):lol:

Well, I have to downsize the pictures for display on a 1920 x 1080 monitor when I post them on the M3 (typically 900-1,000 pixels in the largest dimension). We'll have to wait quite a few years to see the 10,000+ pixel pictures I've built displayed in NATIVE resolution (which is kinda the point, planning for the future and all that sorta crap). The website update is coming along. I've got over 160 new individual pieces of art colored for the next update (not including variants). So close...just need a little more time. Who has the time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time ;):D

OOOh, please say you'll do the VF-11D variant, please, please, please.... :unsure:

Seeing the non-"Sound Jammer" versions a few modellers did makes it one of my favorite two seater fighters in Macross.

With a military paint scheme it looks pretty hot!

Edited by Zinjo

I wanted to do something special with the VF-11 so I intended to model the thunderseeker. But I can make a VF-11D thunderseeker, it would look good.

Wow if you did both the single and two seat VF-11 versions that would turn out amazing!!

dude, your art is a money maker if you can sell these as posters (esp the YF-21).

Different angles/sizes or customize the way it looks for each order. Or change the color for Max/Milia/Gamlin and different modes (fighter/gerwalk). I for one will be in, if you're on it. Detailed cockpit would be a plus!

maybe that can motivate you to do the same for the other valks! (saw your VF-1, maybe you can do the same for the 11B, 19, 14, VF-4, etc2)...

One word: "Copyright".

A fan work is one thing, to profit from the work is another.

I'd love to see 3D Brain get paid for his work, but that would only happen if Big West commissioned him or paid him for his work for their own publications. Both scenarios would be amazing IMO...

One word: "Copyright".

A fan work is one thing, to profit from the work is another.

I'd love to see 3D Brain get paid for his work, but that would only happen if Big West commissioned him or paid him for his work for their own publications. Both scenarios would be amazing IMO...

It'd really be great if 3DBrainX could sell it to BigWest/Arcadia, and have them use it as graphics for their upcoming releases.

I could only imagine an up-close CG art in the background, with pictures of the actual toys in all 3 modes in front. That'd be amazing.

• 3 months later...

Hello Guys! I misses this last discussion. I wouldn't dare to profit from fans, I do this just for fun and I like sharing it, I don't intend to get profit from it. But I would love to see my art in the front of the box of a toy. I would settle with making my work reach someone like Hidetaka Tenjin and getting some feedback from him, that would be awesome. But I don't know where to start, like, is there an official facebook page or website?

Anyways, it's update time! There isn't much to show, since I'm modifying all textures with weathering and some extra details. I'm also adding dome geometry details and adjusting the materials. So, it's much of the same, with minor improvements.

Let me know what yo guys think, but this is pretty much how it would look in the end.

post-14893-0-40422600-1405445770_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-50968500-1405445780_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-97201200-1405445783_thumb.jpg

Hello Guys, thanks for the comments.

So, here's the finished model (save amrs and legs, that's next). I might twitch the material a bit more, but I'll leave that to the moment I set the right environment and final light set up. Right now there are pretty bad burn out areas, but that's just because I set the light really quick. So, for now, this is it. On to the arms an legs then!

post-14893-0-50464400-1405711102_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-17311400-1405711106_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-32263700-1405711109_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-88704000-1405711111_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-49027900-1405711115_thumb.jpg

Hi Zinjo! Unfortunately, no. 2 of my 3 render nodes are down and I'm rendering in low-res at the moment. Images are 1500 px big, so it makes almost no difference. I'll re-render once my nodes are back up and I'll upload hi-res images for you guys

Hello Guys!

Ok, I render over night and I manage to render 4 3k px images. I fixed the light a bit, so it look better this time. This time's for real, I'm done with this and I'm moving on to the arms and legs.

FInal Images:

post-14893-0-63565100-1405828113_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-88766500-1405828121_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-68799500-1405828137_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-37463100-1405828150_thumb.jpg

Find attached the zip with the hi-res images.

YF-21 3K.zip

Hello Guys!

Ok, I render over night and I manage to render 4 3k px images. I fixed the light a bit, so it look better this time. This time's for real, I'm done with this and I'm moving on to the arms and legs.

FInal Images:

attachicon.gifYF-21_Test_27.jpg

attachicon.gifYF-21_Test_28.jpg

attachicon.gifYF-21_Test_29.jpg

attachicon.gifYF-21_Test_30.jpg

Find attached the zip with the hi-res images.

That's friggin awesome! I only just recently purchased a YF-21 but I wish it had this level of surface detail! Well done your work is amazing! B))