Macross Zero Valks - any chance for 30th re-releases?

lechuck

As the topic says, any chance of re-issues in celebration of 30th?

I am really on a Macross trip at the moment and itching to get a fresh VF-0S and Ivanov.

And to keep this thread interesting: Are MW members ready for/awaiting renewal versions?

I can't speak for the SVF-51 but I don't really think VF-0 needs one.

I had the very first issue of the VF-0S and it was a mess but I think tweaks/fixes are good enough to keep on with it.

As the topic says, any chance of re-issues in celebration of 30th?

hard to say, ask again in 20 years when it's closer to the 30th anniversary and you'll probably get a better answer.

Edited by anime52k8

aww... :sadface:

I'd like to see renewal ver. Mac0 toys. Frankly, I think the only way Yamato will have any success of selling Mac0 toys at this point is if they start from scratch on both. the SV-51 has some pretty significant shortcomings and needs the refresh. The VF-0 might not need it as badly from an engineering stand point, but it really needs an all new mold even more just to get away from the bad reputation the existing 0 mold has.

Of course, it's been made pretty clear by graham that Yamato has no interest in going forward with Macross Zero toys any time soon. If we do see something, It probably won't be for another 5 years (15th anniversary of Mac0 and all that).

aww... :sadface:

I'd like to see renewal ver. Mac0 toys. Frankly, I think the only way Yamato will have any success of selling Mac0 toys at this point is if they start from scratch on both. the SV-51 has some pretty significant shortcomings and needs the refresh. The VF-0 might not need it as badly from an engineering stand point, but it really needs an all new mold even more just to get away from the bad reputation the existing 0 mold has.

Of course, it's been made pretty clear by graham that Yamato has no interest in going forward with Macross Zero toys any time soon. If we do see something, It probably won't be for another 5 years (15th anniversary of Mac0 and all that).

awww... :getreadytoeatyourwords:

Dude you come here everyday, much like I do and everytime a casual member pokes their head in to check up what's going on, you're so quick to jump down their throats with a smart ass remark. And nothing in his post says that he thinks it's Mac 0 30th anniversary.

Graham also stated that Yamato had no interest in making a Macross. And there's no chance they'll ever get the Mac7 license because Bandai had a deathgrip on it. Graham has a definite connection to Yamato and he's first to know about any of that stuff but that doesn't give you license to take his word as a bible and smack people that don't check here everyday.

I'm kinda tired of the bullying around here. From you and other fans in the know. Share the info... don't show it off. It's not as important to them as it is to you. If anything, people just come off around here like big giant jaded nerds.

awww... :getreadytoeatyourwords:

Dude you come here everyday, much like I do and everytime a casual member pokes their head in to check up what's going on, you're so quick to jump down their throats with a smart ass remark. And nothing in his post says that he thinks it's Mac 0 30th anniversary.

Graham also stated that Yamato had no interest in making a Macross. And there's no chance they'll ever get the Mac7 license because Bandai had a deathgrip on it. Graham has a definite connection to Yamato and he's first to know about any of that stuff but that doesn't give you license to take his word as a bible and smack people that don't check here everyday.

I'm kinda tired of the bullying around here. From you and other fans in the know. Share the info... don't show it off. It's not as important to them as it is to you. If anything, people just come off around here like big giant jaded nerds.

U meantion that "And there's no chance they'll ever get the Mac7 license because Bandai had a deathgrip on it." that doesn't make sense, how can Yamato able to produce and sales Mac7 things.

U meantion that "And there's no chance they'll ever get the Mac7 license because Bandai had a deathgrip on it." that doesn't make sense, how can Yamato able to produce and sales Mac7 things.

that was popular belief once, and was very true... but that's my point... things change.

Now that I think about it maybe that wasn't one of the things Graham said, but my point was that Yamato says a lot of things they mean at the time and do a lot of things that's totally the opposite.

I agree that things can and do change, but at this point in time, my personal take is that Yamato isn't very likely to have re-issues for these, and even less likely to have renewal or version 2 VF-0s.

It would be really nice though, but I just wouldn't count on it to happen.

I've got an Sv-51 Ivanov without any issues, but like the YF-21, if they were to do improvements it would have to be a complete overhaul as with the YF-19 and VF-19. It's the squeezing things back into place and locking them that i'd expect to see addressed other than any reported QC issues that fortunately i don't have. The YF-19 is a popular design and most people would accept the RRP of 22000 YEN. Would they go all out to do the same for the SV-51 when the RRP will need to be as high or higher than the VF-17 even? Not to mention that the Nora and CF schemes are not very aesthetically pleasing.

that was popular belief once, and was very true... but that's my point... things change.

Now that I think about it maybe that wasn't one of the things Graham said, but my point was that Yamato says a lot of things they mean at the time and do a lot of things that's totally the opposite.

Very true as well the fact Yamato is a business and if they can make a product that will bring in the profit after their investments they'll produce it. Mac 7 toys were just a dream a few years ago and now its for real. The VF-4 was a "Snow Balls chance in hell" and now I'll be pre-ordering one. My point, given enough time Yamato might reissue the VF-0 & SV-51 line, their massively impressive toys that will sell if the necessary improvements are made. Just my 2 cents.

I had to give my VF-0S/Ghost Booster valk the chiropractor/super glue/earthquake putty treatment to make it solid enough to handle; sucks to have to put so much effort into a toy, but ultimately it ended up being one of my favorite valks in my case... I'd maybe pick up a VF-0A/Booster set, but I'd DEFINITELY pick up an Ivanov SV-51 reissue... :)

I'd just like to reiterate that at no point have I ever said or even implied that Yamato's never ever going to make another Macross Zero toy ever again. All I said, and what I personally believe, is that we're unlikely to see any more in the immediate future (i.e. in the next year or two).

I don't really see that much demand for strait reissues of the existing Macross Zero figures. The prices for them have been going up now that they're getting rarer at retail stores, but they aren't nearly at the crazy levels of some figures. Particularly in the case of the SV-51, the rise in prices is just them returning to their original MSRB after being at extremely depressed prices for years.

Right now, I don't see much incentive for yamato to reissue any of the Macross Zero valks; although the VF-0 would be much more likely than the SV-51 if it did happen.

Now, continuing with the subject of renewal versions; I'd say yes to that. I really love both designs, but both toys have pretty significant issues that I'd like to see resolved. The SV-51 particuarly is an amazingly striking Design, but the toy leaves much to be desired in terms of engineering. The toy could lock together much better than it does (specifically in the wings) and poseability could be much better than it is. There's a lot less you could to do with the VF-0, since at its hart it's the basic VF-1 design all over again and it seems like we've reached a point where there isn't much left to do with the core engineering of the VF-1 design. Still, it would be great to see a VF-0 with the quality of construction and more precise engineering tolerances of the VF-17/19.

I actually think an all new toy is the better solution than a reissue in the long run and is actually a bit more likely. New toys would give them an opportunity to finally get away from the bad reputation the existing molds have once and for all, would make it easier to plan ahead for designs we never got before (VF-0B, VF-0D, reactive armor, etc.) and the apeal of a brand new toy is going to be much greater than a re-issue of a 6+ year old design.

Of course, an all new toy is even less likely to happen in the near future. Yamato already has a lot of potential releases already announced/available to them just from Remolds and repaints of the VF-1, VF-4, VF-17 and VF-19. It may be a year or more before we here about any 100% new macross design form Yamato, and it would most likely be from either Macross 7 or the VF-x video games as that seems to be what they're focusing on right now.

Now in a few years, after they've gone through more of the designs from those properties, I can see Macross Zero being a perfect place to revisit.

Very true as well the fact Yamato is a business and if they can make a product that will bring in the profit after their investments they'll produce it. Mac 7 toys were just a dream a few years ago and now its for real. The VF-4 was a "Snow Balls chance in hell" and now I'll be pre-ordering one. My point, given enough time Yamato might reissue the VF-0 & SV-51 line, their massively impressive toys that will sell if the necessary improvements are made. Just my 2 cents.

I would think that Yamato being a business would gamble and reissue the zero line with fixes(in a new package like the limited run vf-0a) since they messed up their reputation with the defective vf-0 line. The vf-1 with optional parts seem to be a hit and easy indicator that it has thenew shoulders.

I would think that Yamato being a business would gamble and reissue the zero line with fixes(in a new package like the limited run vf-0a) since they messed up their reputation with the defective vf-0 line. The vf-1 with optional parts seem to be a hit and easy indicator that it has thenew shoulders.

Very true, New shoulders are a total must and optional parts would be an added bonus if Yamato did that. As for the SV-51 better Non-floppy wings and joints. New smaller boxes would be good too!! B))

I think if they're going to do a release of the zero line, it wouldn't be a reissue. I think it'd be a new design, and one that could incorporate the highly coveted 0D. If done with the engineering we've seen in their recent redesigns, i.e. the VF-19, I'm game for all new SV-51 and VF-0 toys. As for 30th year celebration, I can see the Zero line getting some love, and I hope they do get some.

I think if they're going to do a release of the zero line, it wouldn't be a reissue. I think it'd be a new design, and one that could incorporate the highly coveted 0D. If done with the engineering we've seen in their recent redesigns, i.e. the VF-19, I'm game for all new SV-51 and VF-0 toys. As for 30th year celebration, I can see the Zero line getting some love, and I hope they do get some.

After reading my comment again I meant to add the same, just a whole new release vs. a reissue. Redesigned & engineered. Cause having Ivanov's SV-51 would be sweet next to a VF-0 without exploding shoulders!

The VF-0 ought to have more than just a reissue, I would like to see some of the parts made out of different material. The foot on my 2010 0S randomly came off and after getting the VF-17S, the VF-0 does not even come close.

Make the VF-0 with quality on par with the VF-17S and I will gladly pay $250. Oh and the VF-0D needs some love too.

If Yamato were to revisit Macross Zero, in addition to new VF-0's id love to see the reactive armor for Roy, and DESTROIDS!

I would love to see the reactive armor set made. That would be the ultimate release for the 0 line, along with the 0D. I'd get 2 of the 0D.

Hm, I'd love to see them being re-released so they were cheaper again. Last Zero toy I had was a VF-0A and iw as pissed that in 10 minutes the left bicep shattered, that was maybe 6 or 7 years ago? I'm attempting to buy another VF-0A cause it could of just been apart of that control problem once mentioned. I do miss my Vf-0S :( that was glorious. Not a single issue with that one.

The only one I am missing is the CF 0a. I bought the shin and roy gift set versions that came with the ghosts, and they seem to be holding up so far although I don't really "play" with them.

out of the SV-51's I own I think my Ivanov was the best of the bunch and my CF version being the worst as far as quality is concerned. My Nora has the wing problem though. Over all I see the line more as models that look great but are not really toys as they have a low playability level. I to this day still want a VF-0D Shin, I love the color scheme and it's a 2 seater.

I really like the VF-0 design but was never happy with the toys. I'd like to see a VF-0S with a stronger ankle joint. Tighter joints everywhere - and none that explode! Oh, and get rid of the rotating seat gimmick. The instrument panel broke on half of mine and the gap behind the seat is ugly. Landing gear that doesn't rip your nails out would be nice too.

I sold my only VF-0A ages ago and despite of the shoulder issue, I've been regretting it since. Love the scale, love the design and if they ever get a re-release, I would definitely buy one. Two, in fact, if YAMATO comes out with the 0D.

Keep in mind that if Yamato could re-use existing molds and only pay for ones that wold improve the toy then they would. If a complete re-tool is necessary they'd have to seriously look at the market and see what is viable and if they can recover their investment and turn a profit.

Releasing versions of the same valk with different paint schemes is the most efficient way to profit from a valk toy. Paint is much cheaper than the costs of creating and tooling a new mold. With every toy release I think it is reasonable to expect several different versions to come out before the line is retired.

Hasegawa is a master at this and unfortunately Bandai is so big and its business model apparently so inflexible that they really don't do as much of this as they should.

Keep in mind that if Yamato could re-use existing molds and only pay for ones that wold improve the toy then they would. If a complete re-tool is necessary they'd have to seriously look at the market and see what is viable and if they can recover their investment and turn a profit.

Releasing versions of the same valk with different paint schemes is the most efficient way to profit from a valk toy. Paint is much cheaper than the costs of creating and tooling a new mold. With every toy release I think it is reasonable to expect several different versions to come out before the line is retired.

Hasegawa is a master at this and unfortunately Bandai is so big and its business model apparently so inflexible that they really don't do as much of this as they should.

I want all new tooling, the VF-0's Yamato churned out have not aged well. Never had an issue with their sculpts I think their sculpts are great but the quality is sketchy.

For example, the 1/48 VF-1 predates the 1/60 VF-0S by 4 years yet is still better quality-wise.

I want all new tooling, the VF-0's Yamato churned out have not aged well. Never had an issue with their sculpts I think their sculpts are great but the quality is sketchy.

For example, the 1/48 VF-1 predates the 1/60 VF-0S by 4 years yet is still better quality-wise.

too true. VF-0 deserves a better toy.