MT Hellfire looks good to me. If I go by https://toyroom.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/sunbow_scale.jpg Sunbow Scale chart than Inferno is just slightly smaller than Iron Hide. MMC's face looks great but seems a little lanky. XTB looks awesome but if that resin/3d printed prototype is the correct scale then I'm out. Scales all wrong for MP. Might work for over sized MP collectors.

I also love that Hellfires ladder extends WAAAAY out there compared to the other offerings.

I got my Cloud 9 Quakeblast yesterday, and am already thinking of getting another. It is that good.

I plan to spend some time tonight replacing a couple of the LEDs with pink ones for a better light color, and then just need to track down a good transparent Decepticon decal for inside the chest. Credit goes to a couple of the guys over on TFW who thought of the mod first, it really completes the picture.

MT Hellfire looks good to me. If I go by https://toyroom.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/sunbow_scale.jpg Sunbow Scale chart than Inferno is just slightly smaller than Iron Hide. MT Hellfire looks good to me. MMC's face looks great but seems a little lanky. XTB looks awesome but if that resin/3d printed prototype is the correct scale then I'm out. Scales all wrong for MP. Might work for over sized MP collectors.

I also love that Hellfires ladder extends WAAAAY out there compared to the other offerings.

hellire looks the coolest IMO....but IMO too cool to be inferno. haha. its like an anime cool MP of the toy. MMC's ladder is WAY short but that works for bot mode...a bot omde that does remind me more of the toon than MT's offering. also i'm not a fan of MT's ankles. XTB's is pretty nice except for the size and that swing arm in alt mode. 3 offerings...none are the "perfect" inferno for me. i'll likley end up with MMC though as bot mode take priority over alt mode for me on this one.

Vangelus did a preview video on MMCs Backdraft:

It is an early production sample so I assume the build quality will be there once it is released. Nevertheless it has all the right parts I'm looking for in a collectible toy. Plenty of paint applications, die-cast in the right spots, double jointed limbs, rubber tires and plenty of ratchets with small detentes.

I'm looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally! An actual update on not Hound!

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/03/09/colored-test-shot-fanstoys-ft-15-willis-masterpiece-styled-hound-311116

He looks good, I'm glad I didn't buy a Gundog instead. That said, June release? Really? I've had him on pre-order since September and he's just been pushed back month after month, and now he's still that far away?

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/03/09/colored-test-shot-fanstoys-ft-15-willis-masterpiece-styled-hound-311116

He looks good, I'm glad I didn't buy a Gundog instead. That said, June release? Really? I've had him on pre-order since September and he's just been pushed back month after month, and now he's still that far away?

I'm happy you're happy, and you're getting closer to getting the figure you want. And while I'll gladly concede that Willis does look more 'toon accurate, I personally think the toy-colored darker green Gundog is where it's at. Then again, I'm not really into Masterpiece-style toys, so as long as you're happy...

That's quite a delay. I remember hoping Willis would come around the same time as Gundog to get a better comparison between the two. In the end I got a dark green Gundog since I wanted a Hound that was more toy accurate, and Gundog certainly delivered in spades. I actually just applied Toyhax's labels on him, and they look fantastic. He's now essentially a highly upgraded G1 Hound toy. I can't really ask for more in a MP-styled Hound. Edited by Valkyrie Hunter D

To my eyes, Gundog and Willis both have pleasing aesthetics and that puts me in a conundrum because I was hoping to hold out and wait for an official Takara MP release of Hound. Luckily, I'm not against mixing in third party bots, and since these two look so different from each other I might just go ahead and get both of them.

The SparkToys War Within Transformers also look very cool, with a nice Cybertronian edge to them, but I am not familiar with the comic book series on which they are based.

The SparkToys War Within Transformers also look very cool, with a nice Cybertronian edge to them, but I am not familiar with the comic book series on which they are based.

I remember it being vaguely crap. but maybe that's just the general sense I get from dreamwave comics.

I remember it being vaguely crap. but maybe that's just the general sense I get from dreamwave comics.

In that case, I hope the toys are better than the comic. :p Having access to new creative Cybertronian designs is high on my wish list. PlanetX is doing a fair job with FOC, and this new company is adding in another choice which is fine by me.

War Within was probably the only decent Transformers thing that Dreamwave did, but that's because Pat Lee didn't work on it.

As for Gundog vs Willis, peaugh put up a review of Willis and compared it to Gundog. A quick summary of points:

-Both are solid toys

-Willis is closer to Hound's animation model.

-Willis has some tight clearances in his transformation that makes transforming him less fun.

-Only Gundog appeared to have a place to store his gas can in bot mode.

-Peaugh suggests that which you prefer is likely to depend on what you want; Gundog is a more playable toy, Willis is better as a bot mode display piece.

-If pressed, peaugh would take Gundog because it's more fun to play with.

Anyone else planning on getting MMC's Seraphicus Prominion? I should be focused on completing Ordin, but I've seen peaugh's and Benscollectible's reviews on Seraphicus and now I'm thinking about preordering.

Anyone else planning on getting MMC's Seraphicus Prominion? I should be focused on completing Ordin, but I've seen peaugh's and Benscollectible's reviews on Seraphicus and now I'm thinking about preordering.

I do. I think the toy shows his age in some spots due to the long development cycle. It was first shown in the comic for Terminus Hexatron their very first Reformatted toy. Areas that are problematic to me are the fact that the power cradle really doesn't do anything other than holding the armor parts. For the price tag I would has expected at least the ability to place the toy inside the gantry on the armored boots. Even some posable arms that allow to move the different armor parts to the figure should have been implemented. Secondly the armored helmet looks terrible it definitely would have benefited form a flip down face mask like Star Saber. Thirdly while I think they did a decent job not making a white figure look boring I think it would have been better to break the white color up more. Be it through painting the inside of the armor pieces in a dark gray or have a two tone white armor like the RG Gunpla kits. Lastly the empty gantry should have something to do. maybe collapse into a more compact form or something.

To sum it up I think that the toy doesn't do enough for the high price tag. If you can overlook this I think you get a good toy that might not be up to par with their latest releases but still pretty decent. Minus the helmet it looks great, poses well and looks high quality from the videos I've seen.

I pre-ordered the complete set (core figure plus armor). It has been a long time coming, this (not) Nova Prime, but I have been meaning to add one back into my collection since I sold my copy of MT's HyperNovae battle tanker. Something about MMC's version clicks with me. I like how the armor appears to work, and how the cradle can serve as storage when displaying the core figure on its own. I'm not too fussed with the color changes that MMC made to their version, although it does get criticized as being inaccurate.

I do. I think...

To clarify, you're saying that you do plan on getting it, even though the rest of what you wrote is basically complaints about the figure?

I pre-ordered the complete set (core figure plus armor). It has been a long time coming, this (not) Nova Prime, but I have been meaning to add one back into my collection since I sold my copy of MT's HyperNovae battle tanker. Something about MMC's version clicks with me. I like how the armor appears to work, and how the cradle can serve as storage when displaying the core figure on its own. I'm not too fussed with the color changes that MMC made to their version, although it does get criticized as being inaccurate.

It's hard to complain about minor color differences when the plain fact is that neither Seraphicus nor Hypernovae are particularly accurate to Nova Prime's design. They go for big strokes... both have wings, the armored chest is about right, but in the comics Nova's legs are clearly the front of the alt mode. The only thing that bugs me about Seraphicus is that his faceplate should be darker, but whatever. It's an easy fix. In any case, Seraphicus looks more solid and more thought out than Hypernovae. I wish he were a little blockier and less curvy, and like scyla I think he should be cheaper (instead of selling the base figure and cradle separately, sell them in one box for $150). But yeah. I've got a good deal on my credit card right now, so I'll probably preorder Seraphicus and the cradle this week and order the four limbs for Ordin.

For the Gundam fans in the thread... is anyone else getting a GP-02 vibe from Seraphicus' armored up legs?

I'm also onboard for Seraphicus Prominon, mostly because I collect the Cybertronian aesthetic and this one fits it to a T. I am already considering ways to weather it though, as the pure white is a little overbearing, even with the detail molding to break it up somewhat.

Their upcoming Alpha and Beta figures will make great heralds for him (yes, I know it isn't story canon, but neither is he).

To clarify, you're saying that you do plan on getting it, even though the rest of what you wrote is basically complaints about the figure?

*snip*

I'm getting it but the toy has some issues that I pointed out in my initial reply. The figure sure has some great aspects. With the exception of the helmeted head it looks great. The transformation on the core robot is neat. It has lots of details nice weapons. I love the toys where you can play dress-up with. The integration of the parts into the trailer is neat. Articulation of the toy seems to be top-notch. Overall I enjoy the look and feel of the Reformatted toys so I have to have him.

However the figure has some glaring problems like the helmet and the empty trailer husk. The trailer really is the problem here. I mean you can't have him standing inside his gantry so why even bother with that setup. I would have been fine with the ability to place the core bot onto the shoes and just have the ability to lower the helmet onto his cranium. Anything just to not have the trailer as a zip-loc bag. ^_^ It is also pretty hard for a primarily white toy to spark my interest because it starts looking translucent pretty fast which looks cheap to me.

So while the toy has some strong pros it also has many weaknesses and I thought it would be more interesting to cover those since the good points are shown in most of the videos.

Up front, I generally abhor Cybertronian alt modes, favoring more realistic Earth vehicle modes; however, between Hyper Novae and Seraphicus Prominion, the latter is far more striking, esp that bot mode. He has a bit of a Mirage look to him that I like. HN is very reminiscent of Laser Prime, a figure I never cared for; the bot mod just looks off to me. So in a rare instance, I'd go for the Cybertronian design hands down. Gotta agree that the way the armor compacts into his trailer is really neat, and the un-armored figure is striking on its own.

That's about normal for 3P, as long as their not-Menasor isn't grossly overpriced. The combined mode is supposed to be around the same size as Feral Rex or Ordin, and that's within $5 of their limbs.

That said, I never heard of the company, so I'm going to want some reviews. Besides, I've still gotta finish Ordin.

If any 3rd party company sticks to making G1 styled MP figures and makes MP Stunticons that look like the robots and vehicles from the cartoon, then I'll buy it at those prices. Not interested in IDW or whatever styled Menasor.

This one?

Yes, that's the one! so it's TF-Direct? Has anyone ordered stuff from them? Are they safe? where are they located?

Also, I see that they also make KO of Third party stuff!!! That's crazy @_@;;

I think several people have ordered from them without a problem. However I have no personal experience with them.

Personally I would wait for Fanstoys Grinder since he will fix many of the glaring problems the MP-08 mold has. He also brings a fresh set of engineering to the table which is important if you experienced MP-08 already.This Grimlock is just big and that is all. ^_^

Edited by Scyla

Eh? I think UT's Octane looks pretty dang good.

That said, when competing in the MP-scale market collectors tend to demand G1 accuracy more so than CHUG-scale toys. This take on Sandstorm isn't going to go over well with that... thing... instead of a dune buggy.