12 hours ago, slaginpit said:

image.png.3f66babeff4fec79c0583ced4ee052ff.png

image.png.5fcf30188e23e118c57323dbe3e07221.png

Maybe I'm missing something from not being familiar with the Bayverse.. but... I have no idea what I'm seeing here.  It looks like someone took a half dozen model kits of construction equipment, poured them all in a box with a bottle of glue, and shook vigorously.

Do these all come with some special 4th mode, where they all transform into a junkyard? :blink:

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

It looks like someone took a half dozen model kits of construction equipment, poured them all in a box with a bottle of glue, and shook vigorously.

Sounds like you understand the Bayverse aesthetic better than you realized.

I complemented the engineering awhile back, looking at the individual bots, but that pic of the completed Devastator is indecipherable. Chronocidal's description is on the money- it just looks like a ball of mechanical stuff with the odd recognizable construction machine peeking through.  At least with G1 Devastator, anybody can look at it and figure out what  its made of- not so much this thing. I fail to understand the allure. Um, cool for those that dig it, though, I guess.

Like @M'Kyuun I can appreciate the engineering, if not the aesthetic.  But honestly, the prices are keeping me away more than the aesthetic.  $140 for Overload, $150 for Mixmaster, and $180 for Scavenger?  No thanks.  Long Haul and (I presume) Scrapper are a more palatable $110 each, but we're already talking almost $700, and if theirs has as many members as the Studio Series version we're talking about three more members.  Even if we assume that two of them will be cheaper (since two of the missing ones are the only two Hasbro did as Deluxes) you're still almost certainly between $900 and $1000.  I'm sure it'll be bigger, more accurate, and more impressive than the Studio Series one, but Studio Series is the limit of what I'm willing to spend on (most) Bayverse stuff.

Not just Prime, but pretty much every bot mode in the Bayverse, as well as some spillover to Bumblebee. It's an aesthetic that I just never found appealing, and I give props to all the toymakers, official or non, who've tried to make sense out of the chaos to make workable transforming figures  from these CG monstrosities.  The single positive that came out of Bay's involvement was that it challenged Takara to think in new directions, the influence of which we still see today across the MP and Generations lines. So, thanks Michael,- don't come back.

Those are crazy prices for that Not-Devastator. I paid about $500 for ToyWorld's, and consider that a lot to pay for a toy, but it , at least, was a fair representation of G1 Devastator, which , IMHO, is the only Devastator worth mentioning. I'm unabashedly biased. ^_^  For those that dig this new Bayverse Devy, and have the funds, more power to you.

MMC/Ocular max have been awful quiet concerning their Autobot Remix cassettes; I'm hoping they'll lay some updates on us soon, as I want those guys. 

On 12/4/2019 at 10:14 PM, M'Kyuun said:

I complemented the engineering awhile back, looking at the individual bots, but that pic of the completed Devastator is indecipherable. Chronocidal's description is on the money- it just looks like a ball of mechanical stuff with the odd recognizable construction machine peeking through.  At least with G1 Devastator, anybody can look at it and figure out what  its made of- not so much this thing. I fail to understand the allure. Um, cool for those that dig it, though, I guess.

My confusion isn't even what it's made out of though.  I can recognize a ton of individual components of vehicles in there..

It's more that, from my understanding, transformers have always been vehicles that turn into robots.  That clearly isn't a vehicle (unless they're trying to reverse engineer the Metroid morph ball)... so what part of a robot is that mecha-katamari supposed to be? 

So G Boys are a little late to the party 6 years later after the movie and 1 year after they announced it they finally have some solid pics. However WIth  Model Wizard aka Weijiang and Ayoi AKA black Mamba's release I dont think I need a new one. The black mamba SS oversized with fixes is good enough. I know the gritty look is supposed to be accurate to the movie but it looks like it was made of some pewter or just an old toy some kid forgot in the playground 

83ab8e61e9.jpg

2293a96e36.jpg

Eh... I haven't been a big fan of GCreation's stuff, but I'm interested. Looks like the dino head splits in half, with the lower jaw forming the back half, to make the shoulder armor. I prefer that to the Studio Series. 

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

Eh... I haven't been a big fan of GCreation's stuff, but I'm interested. Looks like the dino head splits in half, with the lower jaw forming the back half, to make the shoulder armor. I prefer that to the Studio Series. 

crap i missed that. I noticed the tail skirt but you are right the should head pads is comprised of upper and lower half that gets split into two. That is some serious engineering 

Edited by slaginpit

I have to give props to Unique Toys for turning something that looks absolutely nothing like a Transformer into a proper looking truck. I'd love to see them apply this level of engineering to G1 triple changers.

Unique Toys does an amazing job of taking a robot that doesn't look like it should transform and getting it to transform. I loved their Prime, and I enjoyed their Lockdown even though I don't really have a place for him in my collection. I might pick up Galvatron for the novelty, but I wish they'd focus their efforts on, if not G1, something less ugly than Galvatron. Maybe TLK Barricade or DotM Megatron.

On 12/13/2019 at 7:25 AM, mikeszekely said:

Unique Toys does an amazing job of taking a robot that doesn't look like it should transform and getting it to transform.

It is amazing, but because the two modes are so different, my primitive mind doesn't register it as a Transformer.

I think for Transformer to be look like it transforms, the bot should show some parts from the alt mode.

Edited by nhyone
Corrected 'tranforms'

30 minutes ago, nhyone said:

It is amazing, but because the two modes are so different, my primitive mind doesn't register it as a Transformer.

The Decepticons in Age of Extinction weren't Transformers at all, they were colonies of nanobots that could form any object at will.  

Your "primitive mind" understands the core concept of the brand much better than Michael Bay or Ehren Kruger ever will.  <_<

4 hours ago, tekering said:

The Decepticons in Age of Extinction weren't Transformers at all, they were colonies of nanobots that could form any object at will.  

Your "primitive mind" understands the core concept of the brand much better than Michael Bay or Ehren Kruger ever will.  <_<

:lol:

8 hours ago, tekering said:

No truer sentiment. 

I'll never understand why Spielberg and Co hired that egotistical douchebag when he had zero history with the franchise. It's like hiring a guy to build a nuclear reactor who never took physics. <_<

Edited by M'Kyuun

You know that one mode in a triple change has to suffer, why im not a fan of triple changers but Its marvelous none the less. But dont worry with Toyworlds release schedule this will be out by 2035 and by then someone better will come along and do it better and release it in spring 2020

image.png.4c832bf77e58174918f371cbcc41e19d.png\

image.png.8ead6e419575f9a094c6e85c81784ac0.png

image.png.b80ae012129528086e3c4321d41d6573.pngimage.png.8b6edfe57c938c69bd4da59afa5a19d0.png

image.png.0b730b2b00a19fd89f361a50f1655490.png

Edited by slaginpit