Yeah, but that F-4 Phantom still has red intakes and tailplanes. :D

it's also a leg and not an arm. I have a feeling that these uranos guys will not be able to scamble city limb swap, I could be wrong though.

Anyways, on the subject of colors I can actually see why they did what they did. Yeah Fireflight didn't have white intakes in G1 but he also didn't have red shoulders, with the way the mold is you either have one way or the other and I'm fine with what they chose. And as for the pale yellow stripes, that's exactly the color of the G1 toy stickers, so I've got no idea what you're complaining about there. Honestly, If there's any color choice I could have issue with it's the legs. Fireflight has white legs, just like Air Raid. The color images of Air Raid implied they where going to mold the legs in white and paint the back of the leg black, so I have no idea why they didn't do the same here. (btw, if the line between the red and white on the leg was in the right place it would line up with the arm and make a solid white stripe across the entire side of the plane which would help the look of the fighter mode IMO).

Edited by anime52k8

Honestly, If there's any color choice I could have issue with it's the legs. Fireflight has white legs, just like Air Raid. The color images of Air Raid implied they where going to mold the legs in white and paint the back of the leg black, so I have no idea why they didn't do the same here.

??? The way the mold is (both the F-4 and F-15), the lower legs were almost certainly always going to be entirely the main color of the jet. I've never seen anything that would indicate otherwise. (unless you're going by the very first and awful fan digibash, which didn't take the actual mold parts separation into account at all and required a zillion paint apps)

??? The way the mold is (both the F-4 and F-15), the lower legs were almost certainly always going to be entirely the main color of the jet. I've never seen anything that would indicate otherwise. (unless you're going by the very first and awful fan digibash, which didn't take the actual mold parts separation into account at all and required a zillion paint apps)

I'm going by the one that everyone reported on as being from TFC a month or two ago that actually fallows the G1 robot mode color scheme. And in any event they're not Hasbro, there's nothing stopping them from painting parts to get the colors correct.

Personally, it's more important that they get the robot mode colors correct anyways as I'd never end up displaying them in jet mode ever, regardless of how they look.

Edited by anime52k8

Some high res ones will be out soon but here is the not AerialBots Silverbolt SR-71 Blackbird. I just want to see a profile and undershot of the figher.

http://www.tfw2005.c...evealed-176032/

edit: you can see all bot underneath the fighter so nevermind. At least the bot and combined mode look good. Much better than ROTF Jetfire.

Edited by kanedaestes

"Hello, I'm Kitetron McKibblebird"

Plane mode is ass. That is for sure. It truly is a shame they didn't use the XB-70. I get that the engines of the Blackbird look cool in the back of Uranus but that plane mode is just awful.

Still, if I get this it will be displayed in combined form pretty much all the time so as long as it looks cool combined I might still get it... Will McKibblebird come with the mysterious "sixth member”?

Really getting tired of the “blurry sneak peek” thing. Someone did a fast photoshop of the combined form:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/598199-new-tfctoys-project-uranos-mega-thread-316.html#post8371790

Since Uranus has “less” members it should be $500 (or maybe a bit more for the chest bot) instead of the $600 of Herc. Still a lot of money… But since the other two planes will look very similar I might just get body+1arm+1leg and leave it at that; $300 sounds better for my wallet.

Some old Energon combiner toys might balance the thing out. Would just need to display it in a 3/4 pose.

Going to re-post this here---someone found a clearer pic of Not-Silverbolt:

Look at those sneaky bastards trying to use a brick colored background to have it not stand out so much. You can’t fool us TCF!

The Black Arachnia is still in proto colors and it isn’t even on preorder but I’m sure I want it. Almost the complete opposite of what I’m experiencing with Uranus… guess this answers my doubts about it.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but fansproject not-broadside is kind of huge:

img_0013.jpg

I'm surprised they can fit him in the same box: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/fansproject-assaulter-in-box-images-coming-soon-176042/

The sixth member of Uranos looks weird. If they really wanted a chest piece, I think it would have been better to do some parts-forming from the other team members.

The alt mode looks like one of those concept UCAV drones the US military is testing.

Yeah, I agree they should have just done a little partsforming with the chest plate, than to make this extra bot.

Edited by GU-11

I really can’t get pass the huge gun… HALF the length of the plane forms it… Why the hell make a sixth member (based on an ugly drone plane nobody knows) when you already have a huge chunk of mass that is perfect to make an angular chestplate? You even have enough mass left to hide the head there instead of making a huge hole in the chest. There wouldn’t even be any partsforming that way.

I want to see engineering and not a simple transformation in this overpriced things. Need to be blown away by the combined form because the engineering really sucks compared to what other 3rd party people are doing.

Pretty much that. They made a huge kibble-fest AND it's a parts-former? All that and it's still actually a less-accurate SR-71 than ROTF Jetfire was? That's sad.

Phantom and Eagle look to be much better engineered, they accomplish a lot more in a given size.

It REALLY looks like they picked an SR-71 just because they liked it, with NO good reason at all---not for bot mode, not for combined mode, not for kibble reasons, not for parts-forming avoidance...

Plus, that gun is NOTHING like Superion's.

PS---Superion's chest plate IS Silverbolt's, just with added on bits to the waist. So why did they have to add on another one that doesn't look like Silverbolt's? It's like they already fixed the G1 toy by having the chestplate on 24/7, but then screwed it up by changing it for combined mode. The UCAV should form waist/hip armor, not chest armor, if they're doing a G1 homage.

Pretty much that. They made a huge kibble-fest AND it's a parts-former?

wait is parts-former really derogatory when the part that other Silverbolts just folded onto his back becomes a weapon? I think it's pretty handy.

Not saying is disagree with this being terrible looking but I'm starting to wonder if Silverbolt's typical look of airplane with a block of robot underneath is becoming part of the kitsch.

Shoulda just made up an airplane at this point.

Plus, that gun is NOTHING like Superion's.

superion_kitbash_cartoon.jpg

It should be a long tube that comes out of some nondescript block on his arm like in the cartoon.

Not saying is disagree with this being terrible looking but I'm starting to wonder if Silverbolt's typical look of airplane with a block of robot underneath is becoming part of the kitsch.

Well, that's just it, it shouldn't be part of the kitsch. There's a lot of hate towards RotF Jetfire for the same reason, and it's been said that Jetfire had to be designed that way to make room for all the light and sound gimmicks. TFC had no such restrictions, and their Silverbolt still came out looking like a brick with a plane on top, so it's a big disappointment for me. I dunno, I guess after being wow'ed by Hercules, I was expecting better things. Am I still buying it? Seeing the rest of the team and combined mode will pretty much seal the deal.

It should be a long tube that comes out of some nondescript block on his arm like in the cartoon.

Absolutely. I've wanted that for years. Superion's arm-rifle is VERY distinctive (my fanon is that it's an homage to the seeker's arm-mounted fixed guns). I was hoping there'd be a clue in the "Phantom" prototype, but held out hope that it'd come with Silverbolt. The G1 toy had probably the smallest, dumbest-looking gun of the combiners, and they seem to have sorta kinda copied that. :p

Actually I prefer "default" Hercules. It was "updated" just enough and in a good way. I like the tread-arms a lot, and the new gun. It's still quite G1-ish.

Uranus just sucks because it's a massive blocky kibble-fest. If it was a Concorde that looked like that, it'd still suck. G1-ness has little to do with Not-Silverbolt's issues.

I’m beginning to think that they just butchered Leader Jetfire; the torso “box” just screams reused electrobic box to hide the big head and the parts that made Jetfires head are the ones they waste to make the gun… one of the most hated Leader toys actually has more engineering than the electronics free Silverbolt…

I have the TFC Herc and I must say that so far Uranus falls short compared to it. Herc was a huge and ambitious gamble that ended up producing a very well engineered an imposing display piece.

The Maketoys version stole a lot of Herc’s thunder due to price and also a great aesthetic (I have the yellow one) but the TFC went farther by making working alt modes (working pistons, cranes…) that turned into very nice bots and also formed a very solid gigantic robot. The six parts housed ALL the transforming parts (only partsforming were the hands and the later added chest shield). The rage set does look very good on, but the use of the treads as the lower arms of the initial design showed great interest in making something more complex.

The engineering seen in Herc is nowhere to be found in that Silverbolt. All I see is lazy, lazy, lazy. The first bots showed promise but the hand and foot sure can’t be stored in vehicle mode like the Herc hands can. So far there in no sign of integrating them in the vehicles like Fansproyect did with their Bruticus parts either.

In short: so far this looks like it was made by someone else other than the people behind Herc.

So lets talk about something positive:

Fansproject has finally revealed Warbot Assaulter's third 'cruiser' mode. It's totally the Macross Quarter... or the ark angle from Gundam seed.

http://www.tfw2005.c...ot-mode-176083/

o0321050012226887550.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Fansproject has finally revealed Warbot Assaulter's 3 'cruiser' mode. It's totally the Macross Quarter... or the ark angle from Gundam seed.

o0321050012226887550.jpg

Great^^

The design of Jet Mode resemble another transformable fighter...

I don't remember which now...

Fansproject has finally revealed Warbot Assaulter's 3 'cruiser' mode. It's totally the Macross Quarter... or the ark angle from Gundam seed.

o0321050012226887550.jpg

Lol, Cool! Really loving that grey:

http://photozou.jp/p...795609?size=450

Could FP be taking a risk with that carrier mode? Many TF fans aren’t anime fans much less up to date with stuff like the Macross Quarter or even the Gundam carriers to get (and appreciate) the reference.

Another happy news; new Herc stop motion by the same guy as the last one:

Edited by Twoducks

Fansproject has finally revealed Warbot Assaulter's 3 'cruiser' mode. It's totally the Macross Quarter...

That's the first thing that I thought when I saw it! I see I'm not the only one...