Knee-jerk reaction: They screwed up big time, cancel your TFC Uranus/Super-Ion pre-orders.

Mine was "Aw, why are Fireflight's wings black?" Yeah, the use of the SR-71 is disappointing, I was hoping that TFC would use the Concorde or maybe some jet with a lot more mass to accommodate Superion's bulk. It could even have been a jet of original design or the Firefox. I've always secretly hoped that a company would make sweet looking TF of that bird. :wub:

Mine was "Aw, why are Fireflight's wings black?"

Same thought popped in my head when I saw the pic. Why not keep the colors the same or, at the very least, similar to the originals that they're based on? Air Raid's cockpit looks funny to me too. With each part being $100 and this new pic, I'm still not sold on these.

On a side note, I finally bought my Fansproject Insecticons from BBTS. They were actually out of stock for a few days so hopefully they didn't restock with KO's.

Does anyone have the Fansproject Steel Core? I am interested in one, obviously missed the preorder, and would appreciate a review before paying scalper prices.

I got my steelcore a few days ago and I think he's a great solid toy. Paint apps are sharp and nearly perfect. The ball and hinge joints are just the right tightness. He can hold dynamic poses with very little effort. Transformation is simple, but effective. The powermaster-ish gimmick works well and the opening cockpit gimmick adds some fun to the toy. My only complaint is I wish there was a small filler piece you can put on the main robot's chest when the little robot steel isn't attached. I'd say he's worth it if you could pick it up for non-scalper prices. Apparently FP is working on getting more steelcores made so I would wait until a reissue is made and forget the scalper prices.

So 6 robots to form Uranus they say now.. I like that, find that 5 robot teams look like a guy wearing boots and gloves.

Now the SR-71 thing really is disappointing.... the black silhouette already shows tons of kibble. They could have made it a drone plane using the extra parts like the hands and feet.

And isn't the original TF white? Goofy having a white SR-71. I had that thing as the definition of a black plane.

My biggest problems with TFC are simply Price, and scale. While Scale wise they're pretty accurate to the other figures. I mean you want a combiner that's going to be massive in the end, a lot bigger than leader, and almost if exactly bigger than a supreme. But I don't want to pay 100+ dollars a unit while waiting several months to collect the entire set. TFC also has run into QC issues with each figure they've done. Sure they can be corrected in each installment, but that's the problem, each installment has a new problem to go with it and the next one is to fix it.

In my collection I've got an Energon Superion and Bruticus which thanks to FP I've upgraded both and they look just so damn awesome. And now I've got Maketoys Giant set....which despite some flaws, are still very awesome, and lets be honest, he's not that much smaller than TFC's Hercules, and about a quarter of the price cheaper.

Now we've got FP's doing the Stunticons and that makes me really excited. I was going too preorder Classics breakdown from the collectors club, but after finding out that FP will have a complete set, I'm gonna probably cancel my subscription when it runs out.

I'm STILL waiting on my Hegemon NOT Megatron figure and it's nearly been 3 weeks.

Video of Knight Morpher SS gimmicks:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQwNjk2MzY0.html

All three are on preorder.

http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/5133/

http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/5134/

http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/5135/

I was expecting less considering that the limited proto color version went for $100.

Will only get one but can't choose between SS or TC :unsure:

Got TW-01 Hegemon. Could of used a bit more work I think. No peg in for the fusion cannon, or ability to peg for the collar area that splits in half to tuck the head in. And the transformation while decent, is shoty, some parts don't want to clip together straight. Still, better Megatron than I could of come up with. And it fits well enough for Classics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I must say i was passing on these but that pic makes me rethink. And when I see the arm mode pic my will crumbles a bit more:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/598199-new-tfctoys-project-uranus-mega-thread-281.html#post8360181

I still need to see the Blackbist kibble bot and the final combined look. The Perfect Effect Black Arachnia bike looks really hot and is on my “to buy list” before Uranus right now.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/perfect-effect-update-pe-dx02-and-pa-01-176006/

I was thinking about putting these figures on pre-order, but as it stands, if I buy one, I'll have to buy them all, which is a big commitment. I was wondering if each of these individual figures are truly worth the 100 dollars they charge, or if a large price is more or less tacked on due to it being a 3rd party venture and a combiner.

Better looking than TF Prime's Dreadwing F-35 wanna be.

But either way the Aerial Bots are a pass for me. I'm happy enough with the Energon version with the appendage parts I got long time ago. Not too mention the price is just to damn high and I'm sure someone else will do a cheaper version one day.

I'm more looking forward to Fansproject's Not-Menasor.

Jet mode looks like crap, color-wise, IMHO. It's a mish-mash of random parts. Instead of "red with white accents" it's like they had a red F-4, a white F-4, and tossed them together with some random black bits too. Plus, it has "KO yellow" accents. (you know, that almost flourescent lemon yellow paint).

545807_419175491476413_1265067251_n.jpg

It's also a lot less cohesive in arm mode----NECIO's digibash (and any truly G1 version) (and the G1 toy) was a RED arm with some white accents. Again, this is a mish-mash of random red and white parts now:

486661_419175861476376_1800527471_n.jpg

Overall, it just give me that "KO vibe" due to the classic 4-color random mix of lemon yellow, generic blue, bright red, and white parts. True, the original had all those colors---but the ratio and specific hues used made a big difference. It was a red F-4. This is---a clown F-4.

I'm going to post it again----it's clear they tried to copy NECIO's design, but failed in the most important areas (RED intakes and tailplanes, and not using bright lemony yellow)

fireflight1.jpg

(also, it's amazing how the subtle change to the tailfin makes a huge difference in how it looks---red leading edge vs striped)

So has there ever been a toy where you actually LIKED the color scheme? ;)

Yeah, G1 Fireflight! :p

BTW, G1 Thundercracker is my all-time fave scheme/color combo, to the point that I seriously considered buying a Camaro that was about the same color. (deep metallic blue) But I am insanely biased towards the *toy* colors. Hate the animated colors. (DOTM Thundercracker is the first Thundercracker toy since about the first one that comes close to the original colors, and maybe the Armada repaint of Starscream---but neither are dark enough)

PS---with NotSuperion costing about 600 bucks, I'd better *love* the colors. As it is, I won't be buying it. (and if Air Raid has silver intakes, then it's a definite no-buy)

Knee-jerk reaction: They screwed up big time, cancel your TFC Uranus/Super-Ion pre-orders.

484429_391094704289809_1792162583_n.jpg

An SR-71 that looks exactly like the leader-class ROTF Jetfire toy. A massive box of kibble with wings and nacelles tacked on. I think it may be worse than the original G1 Silverbolt in the kibble category.

So how does THAT fit in with their stated goal of detailed, realistic alt-modes? The F-4 and F-15 are 10x better in that regard. Yeesh, could they NOT have picked the worst possible choice in jet history for trying to fit a robot inside of? "yeah, let's do the long flat skinny one with no interior volume that even Takara's master designer couldn't make look decent".

Well would the Concorde ahve been any better of a choice, I don't think so. Looking at the silohette though it looks liek they might be trying to at least turn the underneath kibble into something, it almost looks like an armed parasite, but I could be wrong. The SR-71 is just a hard bird to transform, and I think the best anyone has come to making a realistic transforming SR-71 like aircraft has been Macross with the VF-4, VF-14, and Varuta mechs. I don't think anyone would get too upset if someone did a beefier transforming SR-71 designed along those lines.