Will do. At least the option is there for paypal for 30-40 days, but I'll wait for a response before I cancel the order.

I really liked the look of that kit so it'll be disappointing if its not going to be made !

Well the good news is, is that Tony of chipmungmung just replied to say that it was sold out and that was why it was removed, but he'll order some more and then relist it. So I'm happy with the quick response, and at least it was what i was hoping it was, which was just a sell out.

I replied to confirm its release date as well, which I think was August but we'll see.

Just FYI its back up, eta 31st August! =-)

http://chimungmung.com/product_info.php?products_id=732&osCsid=461492f4d0f4b05a9ed13f3506369c00

got the arcee yesterday, love it, so thanks for your input on that VHD! Tight joints, great bot and alt modes, definitely my fav arcee, 2nd' by the perfect effect bike arcee, which is just awesome but doesn't make me think arcee, just cool fembot!

Well, he won't be replaced by the new Generations one, that's for sure. It's just that some tabs don't stay in place, making his chopper mode a little flimsy. His leg joints have also gotten loose making bot mode unstable when I pose him around, and that gets compounded by his small feet. Sure Arcee can get away with the dainty feet, but Springer needs some bigger stompers to hold all that weight.

I'd say those are fair criticisms. Especially the part about his feet not being big enough to compensate for how back-heavy the figure is. I haven't handled Springer very much, so I'll take your experience as a warning of how easily the joints can loosen over time.

The iGear Arcee looks like a pretty solid figure. Though her head sculpt doesn't look quite right to me. I went with the inferior Impossible Toys version to fill the Arcee role on my TFTM shelf. She's flimsy, but for display purposes, I feel she's very accurate to her big screen counterpart.

th_DSCN6417.jpg th_DSCN6416.jpg

I still have to sharpen up some of her paint apps, but the kiddo leaves little time for me to mess with my action figures.

Since right back in the actual 1980's when my friends and I first custom painted TF's to be more to our liking, I have had an interest

in any customised figures and scratch builds.

Been watching these guys for a while and they do make some AWESOME stuff.

Great things will come from this range I'm sure

FansProject unveiled two Not Stunticons & Not Insecticons repaints at TFcon:

http://www.tfw2005.c...saulter-175604/

I'd actually prefer them to not be a combiner so it'll be easier to resist getting all of them. :p

I dig the sudo-reventon, I'd assume it's going to be breakdown.

Seeing all these 3rd party toys is really making me consider NOT buying Hasbro stuff. These developers are really in tune with fan desires and the quality (at least of Fans Project) is definitely better than Hasbro who just keep shrinking their releases while increasing the price.

For "mainline" TF's for the next half-year or more, the ONLY one I plan to get is FoC Grimlock. All other money goes to 3rd-party. I'd rather have a few really neat figures, than a dozen+ hollow, thin deluxes...

I see no point in FoC Bruticus---sure, it's a lot cheaper, but that money could still buy another 3rd-party limb or two for a *good* combiner team instead.

I do plan on MP-10 US, MP-12, and maybe US MP Thundercracker. But they are not "mainline" figures.

Seeing all these 3rd party toys is really making me consider NOT buying Hasbro stuff. These developers are really in tune with fan desires and the quality (at least of Fans Project) is definitely better than Hasbro who just keep shrinking their releases while increasing the price.

Hasbro is doing me a favor. Them offering much less at a higher price has made it easier for me to stop and consider how much I actually want the figure.

I still find the price/fun ratio of hasbro TF's to be a lot better than third party stuff. I can't afford to get either though with all the cool (and expensive) Non transformers related stuff I want right now.

If I had to choose I choose Hegemon over Masterminds shockwave

Worth every penny

20120725_094034-1.jpg

20120725_094052-1.jpg

20120727_012825.jpg

20120727_012909.jpg

20120727_012931.jpg

20120727_013057.jpg

20120727_013226.jpg

The transformation is unique and challenging but simple enough you do not need instructions to figure out. Although the paint apps are dull it actually suits the figure.

The plastic is thick and high quality. The gun arm is a bit week to support once again the mega particle cannon. Light piping is fantastic as it works really well in weak lighting conditions. Detail is there and its accessories really work well. The box too is very high end being think cardboard. Overall a great A figure

Edited by slaginpit

I am realy liking the way FP's Stunticons are shaping up, and it's good to finally see something to back up the rumors. Can't wait to see how FP designs a formula racer with Dragstrip.

Worth every penny

It looks pretty good, which version of Prime do you think he pairs up with best?

3rd party stuff just blows most of the official stuff out of the water. Hasbro prices for the MP are a lot cheaper but Takara MP stuff is really close to 3rd party cost.

That said, the competition is getting really heated up. If I could, I’d get every gestalt coming. I just loved them as a kid. I’ll probably get not-Superion. Love transforming planes and five that form a bigger robot is just perfect. But right now there are many coming and I remember that another company wanted to make Menasor too.

The looser here is the TFC not-Reflector. Cam mode is just AWESOME…

post-2996-0-21460100-1343684276_thumb.jpg

But the bots take the worst part of the TFC aesthetics and make them even uglier. The gaps they have are just huge. Really wanted this one but 100 USD for something I really don’t want to transform sucks.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/tfc-toys-reflector-in-hand-images-175611/

Worth every penny

Not happy with Shockwave? Why? I have him on preorder with other stuff that is comming out soon so I might be able to cancel him if he is a lemon.

I am realy liking the way FP's Stunticons are shaping up, and it's good to finally see something to back up the rumors. Can't wait to see how FP designs a formula racer with Dragstrip.

It looks pretty good, which version of Prime do you think he pairs up with best?

I think he pairs with MP version 2 Prime the best

so now i'm really considering picking up the fansproject insecticons - $40 each shipped on ebay. any issues with these i should know about?

They have been bootlegged so be careful you are getting the real deal. Don't actually know the quality these KO's have though.

Only safe bet to avoid KO's would be BBTS or Toyarena.com, those kind of places usually label if you're goign to get a KO of something already done. I remember when City Commander got the treatment and even heard stories the quality was shoty.

I've got Hegemon on order, should be here the end of the week I think. Got a nice big ol decepticon sticker waiting for him.

Knee-jerk reaction: They screwed up big time, cancel your TFC Uranus/Super-Ion pre-orders.

484429_391094704289809_1792162583_n.jpg

An SR-71 that looks exactly like the leader-class ROTF Jetfire toy. A massive box of kibble with wings and nacelles tacked on. I think it may be worse than the original G1 Silverbolt in the kibble category.

So how does THAT fit in with their stated goal of detailed, realistic alt-modes? The F-4 and F-15 are 10x better in that regard. Yeesh, could they NOT have picked the worst possible choice in jet history for trying to fit a robot inside of? "yeah, let's do the long flat skinny one with no interior volume that even Takara's master designer couldn't make look decent".