3 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

ShowZStore is starting to falter

I ordered and paid in full and after a month to get this 

image.png.8f50a9536940811ce6bc5f10c5f4fc3c.png

I got this 

image.png.acb792fd43ef70b81cce0ce06e31d9c1.png

And people wonder why I dont use TAOBAO 

hahahaha and a knock off wrapped in smelly plastic 

Never happened with BBTS, Robot Kingdom, AMIAMI, or NY.....

oh here is the box in a box in a wrapping

image.thumb.png.9e588866a92a8e813501ab2ccd161ef7.png

The following question is going to show how out of the loop I am but.... is that the new or old BB? If it's the new maybe it's kind of a win?

Regardless, I've had to get replacements and missing stuff from them before and they're good about doing it but they take forever. Like, legitimately 2-3 months later randomly showing up with no tracking ever having been given. I hope you have better luck in that regard but they'll get you sorted. That sucks.

Edited by Kuma Style

1 hour ago, Kuma Style said:

The following question is going to show how out of the loop I am but.... is that the new or old BB? If it's the new maybe it's kind of a win?

Regardless, I've had to get replacements and missing stuff from them before and they're good about doing it but they take forever. Like, legitimately 2-3 months later randomly showing up with no tracking ever having been given. I hope you have better luck in that regard but they'll get you sorted. That sucks.

yeah but its been a number of times. Which seems to me now they have a good mass of customers they are starting to get sloppy

And i think this is the new Bee. Its not what I wanted and its the knockoff which I dont want eaither the plastic is crumbling just sitting on my desk. 

SO I either want my money back and I will reorder through Robot Kingdom which is far superior or TF-Direct

Never had an issue with ShowZ's customer service.  I'm sure they'll get you sorted.

I've never ordered from Robot Kingdom.  Their prices are good, but don't include shipping.  After you add in the shipping the price is close to what I'd pay at a domestic store.  Which, with customs being what it is lately (I'm still waiting for Capone) I'm starting to do that more.  I'm at a point where the savings has to be more than $25.

56 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Working through a backlog atm...I read that the combined PMOPs don't fit into a detolf and have to say that makes me sad.

20200120_222413.jpg

I recently saw a pic of a guy who too two Detolf's and put them together to make one that has a internal width twice as wide. He cut the wood in the base/header down to where the front/rear glass butted up against each other. Removed the inner glass (divider) and then screwed the base/headers together (so you couldn't see it). It looked pretty darn good and really opened up the shelves so bigger objects would fit in there. He even re-used the shelves. If you wanted to go one step further you can get glass cut that would span the entire width of not much $$$. It will take some work. But there are no glass display cases with that sort of volume anywhere for $120 (price of two Detolf's).

The post really wasn't about detolfs or want for modification but rather just a remark on the size of the combined form of the figures. Sorry for any confusion. 

------------------

Are any companies still doong T-Beasts stuff at all? I'm out of the loop but I remember the Dx9 Ancestrod seeming to flop and haven't seen anything from any companies since. I think GT teased Sideswipe but even there no actual updates. 

Getting the Leonidas stuff again it made me think of it and speaking of that I'd be open to another company doing that one in the very slavish zoids style of the original artwork. 

3 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

The post really wasn't about detolfs or want for modification but rather just a remark on the size of the combined form of the figures. Sorry for any confusion. 

------------------

Are any companies still doong T-Beasts stuff at all? I'm out of the loop but I remember the Dx9 Ancestrod seeming to flop and haven't seen anything from any companies since. I think GT teased Sideswipe but even there no actual updates. 

Getting the Leonidas stuff again it made me think of it and speaking of that I'd be open to another company doing that one in the very slavish zoids style of the original artwork. 

i think TE is doing a tbeast bumblebee but i haven't seen much on it for a month or so

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

I recently saw a pic of a guy who too two Detolf's and put them together to make one that has a internal width twice as wide. He cut the wood in the base/header down to where the front/rear glass butted up against each other. Removed the inner glass (divider) and then screwed the base/headers together (so you couldn't see it). It looked pretty darn good and really opened up the shelves so bigger objects would fit in there. He even re-used the shelves. If you wanted to go one step further you can get glass cut that would span the entire width of not much $$$. It will take some work. But there are no glass display cases with that sort of volume anywhere for $120 (price of two Detolf's).

IM trying to purge so much due to collecting over the years. 

2 More detolfs and im out

I got rid of 20% and I still need to purge to make it look clean

hence the mess

image.png.75945eb924aea14b02d6b7fbf0a6380f.png

image.png.046e132681c2d71b1578766ee41e2bbb.png

image.thumb.png.49d2f598f1902ac8005069edfc6b842b.png

image.thumb.png.9a0c4d47b0ddc1d64064fec2ee237eb6.png

image.thumb.png.c31fecd6b9172a4598396b94d7cbad5a.png

24 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

@slaginpit Do you have a sales thread?

no. I sell my stuff on Kijiji locally. Its easier for me there. I turned out about $2400 in the last 2 months

Cash is king. The whole shipping thing is exhausting. Also Ebay/Paypal sucks. Had an account for 20 plus years and it was ok until they went with that Global Shipping program. When I tell people how much to ship to USA and overseas the cost is so ridiculous most US and Overseas buyers just change their mind. Hence my desire to move to the US. 

I think I need to purge another 30% of my stuff

Edited by slaginpit

4 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

i think TE is doing a tbeast bumblebee but i haven't seen much on it for a month or so

Thanks. I really hope the whole idea isn't just dead. It's kind of crazy to see homages to a particular series comes and seemingly go so fast.

16 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Thanks. I really hope the whole idea isn't just dead. It's kind of crazy to see homages to a particular series comes and seemingly go so fast.

speaking of tbeast.....this just got updated with new photos of final product of the tbeast sideswipe and it looks pretty epic.

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/DFeqOWRnaK85DgzNEGCMdw

Edited by Mechapilot77

22 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

speaking of tbeast.....this just got updated with new photos of final product of the tbeast sideswipe and it looks pretty epic.

Yes yes yes!!!

Also the MMW Slaughter Laird(?) is looking good. At $340 makes me wish the bike was left out but it's so boss looking.

reduced-image_16633_4_1579625908.jpeg

reduced-image_16633_12_1579625908.jpeg

1 minute ago, JB0 said:

Gotta be honest, Transformers with vehicles has always been kinda weird to me. 

I'mma tell myself that motorcycles are actually cybertronic pets.

Well think about Optimus Prime giving himself the ability to travel faster than his alt. Mode while being able to do things like shoot. Not arguing your opinion but just giving a functional perspective. 

5 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

Damn! That SW is looking awesome! I've been out of the tf game for awhile, but a good sw always pulls me back in!

On 1/21/2020 at 9:04 AM, slaginpit said:

And people wonder why I dont use TAOBAO 

Are you perhaps thinking TaoBao is full of scammers?

I think ShowZ made a mistake, that's all.

I have sellers on TaoBao sent me the wrong things on two occasions. One of them is even the manufacturer itself.

Edited by nhyone
Quoted wrong person

20 minutes ago, nhyone said:

Are you perhaps thinking TaoBao is full of scammers?

I think ShowZ made a mistake, that's all.

I have sellers on TaoBao sent me the wrong things on two occasions. One of them is even the manufacturer itself.

You quoted the wrong person. Personally I've shopped at AliExpress, TaBao etc. and haven't had issues.

---------------------------------------

NeoArt Origin Leonidas tomorrow. Yes yes.

5 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Well think about Optimus Prime giving himself the ability to travel faster than his alt. Mode while being able to do things like shoot. Not arguing your opinion but just giving a functional perspective. 

It is more the idea of the Transformers having inanimate vehicles. Like, I expect EVERYTHING to be a robot, because that's how they've treated it with only a few notable exceptions(mostly starships, except when their role is filled by Astrotrain and Sky Lynx instead). I don't have this hangup with Transformers riding Transformers(also the title of my racy fanfic), even though that's objectively sillier.

I'm just going to tell myself that his motorbike is actually a lesser mechanical life form, and keep repeating "he's riding a cybertronic horse" until I start believing it.

On 1/21/2020 at 12:33 PM, Kuma Style said:

Funny you mention that.  You've probably seen this at TFW by now, but it looks like that Sideswipe is nearing release.

1888727010_640(21).png.cfef675370f817ac2691e437a0d1a13c.png

1230083370_640(5).png.51a08dc01885b5559cc0a5092dea28d6.png

1 hour ago, JB0 said:

It is more the idea of the Transformers having inanimate vehicles. Like, I expect EVERYTHING to be a robot, because that's how they've treated it with only a few notable exceptions(mostly starships, except when their role is filled by Astrotrain and Sky Lynx instead). I don't have this hangup with Transformers riding Transformers(also the title of my racy fanfic), even though that's objectively sillier.

I'm just going to tell myself that his motorbike is actually a lesser mechanical life form, and keep repeating "he's riding a cybertronic horse" until I start believing it.

Ok, so even though the figure is clearly based on Don Figueroa's Earth-mode IDW Prime, I can only think of one time in the IDW-verse where Prime (or more accurately Orion Pax) actually rode a motorcycle.  And it does look like MMA's bike is based on that one time...

tf_vol2_23_16.jpg.6a731e9fc06ca513bb6105df459d1e49.jpg

So here's the part where I tell you Pax isn't just riding a vehicle purpose-built for Transformers to ride... he's riding on the corpse of a fellow police officer as he attacks the killer of said officer.

10 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

So here's the part where I tell you Pax isn't just riding a vehicle purpose-built for Transformers to ride... he's riding on the corpse of a fellow police officer as he attacks the killer of said officer.

Wow. Optibotimus is hardcore.

4 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Wow. :blink: Jeez...

On 1/22/2020 at 1:31 AM, sqidd said:

I recently saw a pic of a guy who too two Detolf's and put them together to make one that has a internal width twice as wide.

I got that beat...  :p

virgin.thumb.jpg.6c2cb85567eb5561b85cc58efbbf453b.jpg

I removed the doors (and one perpendicular side) from each of these Detolf knock-offs, and used them as shelves to bridge the two showcases.  This way, I've effectively quadrupled the display space.  ^_^

Is there anything more beautiful that virgin shelves?  :wub:

1 hour ago, tekering said:

I removed the doors (and one perpendicular side) from each of these Detolf knock-offs, and used them as shelves to bridge the two showcases.  This way, I've effectively quadrupled the display space.  ^_^

:shok: That room! 

I'm playing checkers with 14 missing pieces. You're playing 4D chess.:hail:

Got a close up pic of that I'm guessing big Gundam guy on the LH side of the pic? That looks like it could really be something.

Do you do anything for dust control in your toy room/rooms? It's going to be a ways off because I'm not going to have time to build a hose for 3-4yrs. But my next house is going to be my forever home (that's code for I'm dying in it because I don't want to move again). I've been planning out the design in my head and a toy room is going to be a thing. I haven't put much thought into how to execute but I'm thinking that some sort of dust/atmosphere control wouldn't be a bad idea. Maybe an air lock.............:rofl:

9 hours ago, JB0 said:

I can understand. I always looked at Cybertron as "earth" but instead of humans they have robots. They still would have machinery and whatnot to help them with tasks.

7 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Funny you mention that.  You've probably seen this at TFW by now, but it looks like that Sideswipe is nearing release.

Yea... I think someone may have posted it in this thread too but it's definitely great timing. It looks phenomenal. 

4 hours ago, tekering said:

This picture makes me very claustrophobic.