LOL um no. I mean if you look at what BM/AYOI did yeah not contest. BM pushed  one out the door with heavy mods in 4 months tops? and how long has this thing been announced. crap their AOE Prime was announced before this and now Scorpion has a better one with probably release shortly after this one is. Its nice but Ill settle with  having the Scorpion and AYOI one 

image.png.9dec8f03359a32795c3ad6d102d5f808.png

image.png.df59aeb282d3236e008a97eac34a4969.png

Edited by slaginpit

Well, I'll give Toy World props for tackling a triple changing Shatter; it's honestly not too bad, but not great either. the car just looks odd, like the sides are made of a single sheet of cardboard with no panle lines for doors. The harrier is far better than the dedicated Harrier mode of the HasTak version, but, due to the triple changing nature, still not perfect. It's missing its main gear, which come out of the belly just aft of the aft Vernier nozzles, but has the mid-wing outriggers similar to the American AV-8B Harrier. I guess most folks won't notice, though. I wonder if those Transformer: Prime figs transform. No alt modes are shown, but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't. 

Bumblebee Movie Bee looks good, esp that bot mode. Looks better to me than any of the official toys thus far.

6 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

Well, I'll give Toy World props for tackling a triple changing Shatter; it's honestly not too bad, but not great either. the car just looks odd, like the sides are made of a single sheet of cardboard with no panle lines for doors. The harrier is far better than the dedicated Harrier mode of the HasTak version, but, due to the triple changing nature, still not perfect. It's missing its main gear, which come out of the belly just aft of the aft Vernier nozzles, but has the mid-wing outriggers similar to the American AV-8B Harrier. I guess most folks won't notice, though. I wonder if those Transformer: Prime figs transform. No alt modes are shown, but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't. 

Bumblebee Movie Bee looks good, esp that bot mode. Looks better to me than any of the official toys thus far.

yeah but look at SS lol what is that?? But there is no point in buying hasblo. Just wait and let AYOI/BM and Weijiang/Model Wizard to make it better 

image.png.0cebe6dc80381d9e808b282f88eae568.png

Edited by slaginpit

39 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

yeah but look at SS lol what is that?? But there is no point in buying hasblo. Just wait and let AYOI/BM and Weijiang/Model Wizard to make it better 

image.png.0cebe6dc80381d9e808b282f88eae568.png

It's easy to criticize HasTak, but they're designing a mass retail toy on a fixed budget intended for children ages 8+. Third Parties are under no such constraints, and generally intend their products to be bought by adult fans with a fair bit of disposable income, not to mention the skill and dexterity necessary to manipulate their far more complex mechanisms. Apples and oranges, my friend.  

I'm a little dismayed that just about everything on display is either Bee Movie or Bayformer related, with the notable exception of the Prime figs, and some of the Iron Factory guys, which are, like the majority of their figs, G1ish, albeit very stylized. I guess the G1 teat is about milked dry, if you'll excuse the vulgar analogy.  It's funny that Animated, although received mostly positively after folks got into it,  just hasn't had the toy love since the original line. I'd love to see an Animated Omega Supreme fig from one of these third parties, since HasTak seem to have no intention of revisiting the theme. I'd love to have a Slag and Sludge in that style, too, just to round out the team.

Zeta's Bee looks really nice. So does the Aoyi Prime. Great time to be a collector if you've got the finances and the space for all these things. Space is my biggest hurdle, so I tend to enjoy the majority of these figures vicariously via reviews. I hope all this COPPA stuff doesn't put a kibosh on vid reviews, as they're my window to a lot of this stuff, and it'd be a terrible loss if it went away. I doubt I'm alone in that sentiment.

8 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

It's easy to criticize HasTak, but they're designing a mass retail toy on a fixed budget intended for children ages 8+. Third Parties are under no such constraints, and generally intend their products to be bought by adult fans with a fair bit of disposable income, not to mention the skill and dexterity necessary to manipulate their far more complex mechanisms. Apples and oranges, my friend.  

I'm a little dismayed that just about everything on display is either Bee Movie or Bayformer related, with the notable exception of the Prime figs, and some of the Iron Factory guys, which are, like the majority of their figs, G1ish, albeit very stylized. I guess the G1 teat is about milked dry, if you'll excuse the vulgar analogy.  It's funny that Animated, although received mostly positively after folks got into it,  just hasn't had the toy love since the original line. I'd love to see an Animated Omega Supreme fig from one of these third parties, since HasTak seem to have no intention of revisiting the theme. I'd love to have a Slag and Sludge in that style, too, just to round out the team.

Zeta's Bee looks really nice. So does the Aoyi Prime. Great time to be a collector if you've got the finances and the space for all these things. Space is my biggest hurdle, so I tend to enjoy the majority of these figures vicariously via reviews. I hope all this COPPA stuff doesn't put a kibosh on vid reviews, as they're my window to a lot of this stuff, and it'd be a terrible loss if it went away. I doubt I'm alone in that sentiment.

Fair enough.

Im liking what is being pumped out. More than ecstatic for the 4th party Gundamu...Im selling a ton of my toys, basically a swap out. And I have tossed almost all my boxes. Collectors are idiots sometimes. Like the hot toys. 20-30% of the increase in toy cost is the box, graphics design etc. Screw the Box im displaying the toy. 

Edited by slaginpit

1 hour ago, slaginpit said:

YAWN, another Optimus prime non transforming figure. BORING 

I sold my 3A non transformers. Just didnt see a point when transformable ones are now getting as good or better than the statues 

image.png.373a9543293be99263bc3c08aaf4e327.png

image.png.b479e19876ecdf98f26bf5ab2611f4e8.png

Which company is this from? Looks good. Honestly not put off by non-transforming transfomers. It's usually displayed in robot mode anyways so I rather have a nice looking robot.

1 hour ago, slaginpit said:

You know that one mode in a triple change has to suffer, why im not a fan of triple changers but Its marvelous none the less. But dont worry with Toyworlds release schedule this will be out by 2035 and by then someone better will come along and do it better and release it in spring 2020

image.png.4c832bf77e58174918f371cbcc41e19d.png\

image.png.8ead6e419575f9a094c6e85c81784ac0.png

image.png.b80ae012129528086e3c4321d41d6573.pngimage.png.8b6edfe57c938c69bd4da59afa5a19d0.png

image.png.0b730b2b00a19fd89f361a50f1655490.png

It's one heck of an engineering feast to make it triple change though the car mode look odd. I'd rather take the Cybertron seeker over this. It will be interesting to see the helicopter one in triple change mode.

1 hour ago, M'Kyuun said:

I'm a little dismayed that just about everything on display is either Bee Movie or Bayformer related, with the notable exception of the Prime figs, and some of the Iron Factory guys, which are, like the majority of their figs, G1ish, albeit very stylized. I guess the G1 teat is about milked dry, if you'll excuse the vulgar analogy.

It's not Bayverse/Bee stuff, just Toyworld's stuff (and a little bit of Unique Toys).  And honestly it's not worth getting to excited over ToyWorld, since they've announced a ton of stuff in the last two or so years but, by my count, have only actually released three new molds in that time.

In addition to Toyworld (and Unique Toys) Fans Toys had painted prototypes for their Wildrider, Dragstrip, Air Raid, Astrotrain, Brawn, Warpath, Beachcomber, and their second version of Seaspray.  DX9 had their Menasor on display with unpainted Dragstrip and Dead End prototypes in place.  Fans Hobby was showing off their new Godbomber and a prototype of Minerva (and, while not G1, they had a prototype of their Armada Optimus Prime, and I'm looking forward to that).  Magic Square and New Age both had some Legends stuff (although I wasn't really paying attention to what).  I heard XTB/KFC were there, but I'm not sure that they showed anything new.

Oh, and AFAIK MMC wasn't there.  We know they're working on some G1 stuff, including the rest of their Combaticons, the Protectobots that are going to follow them up, and some Autobot cassettes.  (No one's talked about it lately, but I really hope that Star Convoy they showed off is still coming, too.)

2 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

I hope all this COPPA stuff doesn't put a kibosh on vid reviews, as they're my window to a lot of this stuff, and it'd be a terrible loss if it went away. I doubt I'm alone in that sentiment.

You'll still have my written ones.  Dunno if that's a good consolation prize or not.

2 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

Fans Toys had painted prototypes for their.., Air Raid

Speaking of, I should have FT's Sky Dive in a few days, so you can look forward to reading about that.

25 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

It's not Bayverse/Bee stuff, just Toyworld's stuff (and a little bit of Unique Toys).  And honestly it's not worth getting to excited over ToyWorld, since they've announced a ton of stuff in the last two or so years but, by my count, have only actually released three new molds in that time.

In addition to Toyworld (and Unique Toys) Fans Toys had painted prototypes for their Wildrider, Dragstrip, Air Raid, Astrotrain, Brawn, Warpath, Beachcomber, and their second version of Seaspray.  DX9 had their Menasor on display with unpainted Dragstrip and Dead End prototypes in place.  Fans Hobby was showing off their new Godbomber and a prototype of Minerva (and, while not G1, they had a prototype of their Armada Optimus Prime, and I'm looking forward to that).  Magic Square and New Age both had some Legends stuff (although I wasn't really paying attention to what).  I heard XTB/KFC were there, but I'm not sure that they showed anything new.

Oh, and AFAIK MMC wasn't there.  We know they're working on some G1 stuff, including the rest of their Combaticons, the Protectobots that are going to follow them up, and some Autobot cassettes.  (No one's talked about it lately, but I really hope that Star Convoy they showed off is still coming, too.)

Toyworld the new Chinese toyworld has only released bee in different color modes and the BW megatron is still outstanding but they displayed the Grimlock colorscheme

Edited by slaginpit

3 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

I hope all this COPPA stuff doesn't put a kibosh on vid reviews, as they're my window to a lot of this stuff, and it'd be a terrible loss if it went away. I doubt I'm alone in that sentiment.

We'll just have to find somewhere other than YouTube to watch them.

There's a couple of alternatives right now that all have the major flaw of not being YouTube, but Google seems dead-set on making that into a universal advantage.

10 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

FT's Astrotrain, Brawn, and Warpath have my interest. I haven't seen those pics posted on either TFW or Seibertron;  I'll have to do some more looking around. While I don't collect a whole lot of legends stuff, I'm always interested to see the engineering these companies are pouring into these things, especially Magic Square and New Age, since both seem to be trying to make accurate G1 toys at that scale. Iron Factory kinda does its own thing, and I think a lot of them are adorable, but they just don't check the accuracy box like MS and NA.  I own NA's Prowl:wub: and Cosmos, and MS' s Huffer, which is a really nice figure, although he doesn't really scale well with CHUG legends. But, he looks really good, nonetheless.  MMC have been rather silent concerning those Autobot cassette figs since they unveiled them some time ago. Waiting patiently. If I had the room, I'd consider their Bruticus, as the engineering is hitting all the right notes with me, I absolutely love the integrated combiner parts, and Bruticus happens to be my favorite combiner. I already have Toy World's Devastator, and I just have nowhere to put another team of these combiner guys. I need a second house just for all my collectables, but I can't afford that, so I need to chill on the acquisitions.

10 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

You'll still have my written ones.  Dunno if that's a good consolation prize or not.

Speaking of, I should have FT's Sky Dive in a few days, so you can look forward to reading about that.

I always appreciate the amount of work you put into your reviews, so yeah, keep 'em coming.  Vid reviews are nice to see the engineering in action, but photo reviews give a closer critique of the details and paintwork, so both are valuable to me. 

While the Aerialbots haven't interested me since I was a kid (I think the blocky aircraft modes just ruined them for me), I do appreciate that these third parties are trying to make better jet modes for these guys. They're still not perfect, but better than anything official.

FT's Astrotrain, Brawn, and Warpath have my interest. I haven't seen those pics posted on either TFW or Seibertron

No one seemed to take any new pics of Brawn at SGC, but it looks like the same one that was at the last TFCon.

20191213230733.jpg.377bada9b00de7378c5ded3098bf7751.jpg

225E9AA0-46D4-45C9-9579-97EE04CC6119.jpeg.76a02dfc31b754e5c0ae5ee343b555f5.jpeg

9F199162-7563-48B9-82DA-3E743A85D262.jpeg.7ab19b944476bd6dab4f1e65925a204f.jpeg

MMC have been rather silent concerning those Autobot cassette figs since they unveiled them some time ago. Waiting patiently.

From what I've been told, the cassettes are still in the works but they've taken a backseat to Bruticus, and they may move Defensor up too while everyone is still fighting over Menasors.

11 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Link to your site? I actually [refer written reviews.

So far, just right here for 3P stuff and in the official TF thread for Siege and Studio Series.  I actually started doing this mostly to share some thoughts with my fellow MWers, but the posts kind of evolved into more structured reviews.  I do think that my New Year's resolution for 2020 will be to get a dedicated site, even if it's just a Blogger or Wordpress dealie, that'll be more easily searchable for you guys (and maybe have some hopefully unobtrusive ads that can help pay for more figures to review).

6 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

So far, just right here for 3P stuff and in the official TF thread for Siege and Studio Series.  I actually started doing this mostly to share some thoughts with my fellow MWers, but the posts kind of evolved into more structured reviews.  I do think that my New Year's resolution for 2020 will be to get a dedicated site, even if it's just a Blogger or Wordpress dealie, that'll be more easily searchable for you guys (and maybe have some hopefully unobtrusive ads that can help pay for more figures to review).

I approve of this plan.:good:

goodatsomething.jpg

4 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

No one seemed to take any new pics of Brawn at SGC, but it looks like the same one that was at the last TFCon.

20191213230733.jpg.377bada9b00de7378c5ded3098bf7751.jpg

225E9AA0-46D4-45C9-9579-97EE04CC6119.jpeg.76a02dfc31b754e5c0ae5ee343b555f5.jpeg

9F199162-7563-48B9-82DA-3E743A85D262.jpeg.7ab19b944476bd6dab4f1e65925a204f.jpeg

From what I've been told, the cassettes are still in the works but they've taken a backseat to Bruticus, and they may move Defensor up too while everyone is still fighting over Menasors.

FT's Thomas just looks mazing to me. Blitzwing has always been my favorite triple changer, but over the years, Astrotrain has grown on me, probably b/c of his shuttle mode more than anything, but I like the look of his bot mode, too, and FT nailed it. From all the pics I've seen, they did an excellent job on both of his alts, within the context of maintaining a nice marriage of toy and toon that that's pitch perfect to me. Their minibot figs are all looking good to me, too. Phoenix and the Dibots are my only FT figs to date, but Thomas is almost certainly bought, and their Brawn and Warpath are looking good to me, too. Gonna have to make some room in the ole Detolf. Props to FT for the hand gestures of their Stunticons and the Aerialbot dude- nice bit of humor there while showing off the hand articulation.:lol:

Little disappointed that MMC's cassette figs are taking a backseat, but I understand; TF fans love their combiners. I prefer the cassettes, but I'm in the minority, methinks. I can wait. I just hope they don't cancel them in the interim.

I'll also give your dedicated site for reviews a thumbs up, Mike. It'll give you freedom to be more expansive with both pics and writeups. Good luck!

The pics on TFW from SGC seem to be very focused on TW and Unique Toys with some legends stuff and a couple others thrown in, but not much else from third party. Does anyone know of links to other pics from the con? I tried Google, with zero results.

34 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Does anyone here have this dude? Can I get a quick review? How does it look in real life? I can't find anything on it. Thanks!

YueXing YX Transform World MMP-10E MMP10E Commander Optimus Prime OP Comic Cell Shaded Version

I'm not personally into the OS stuff, so I don't have a personal opinion on it.  But Ben over at Ben's Collectibles seems to have reviewed it.

7 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

I'm not personally into the OS stuff, so I don't have a personal opinion on it.  But Ben over at Ben's Collectibles seems to have reviewed it.

Thanks for the link. My Google-Fu must have been off last night. I couldn't find that.

I ordered one. Pretty small risk. I guess I'll see how it stacks up in real life soon.

What does "OS" stand for?

Thanks!

Short of finding their version of Snarl I figured I was pretty much done with Fansproject's Lost Exo Realm Dinobots.  But, with Legends-class Slash making a female deinonychus Dinobot official and TFSource's holiday sale making Fansproject's stuff really cheap, I decided to pick up one more: Comera, who I'm going to say is a 3rd party Slash even though I'm pretty sure Comera released first.

IMG_20191219_215606.jpg.d7e06b380b87cf8d401bd666ca2424e1.jpg

Well, given that Comera would have been designed without an official Slash to reference they're obviously going to be pretty different.  They do have a number of similarities, though- silver/gray shins, forearms, and shoulders, a silver face in a black helmet, black hands, some silver/gray between the red on their upper torsos and pelvises, and some dino kibble hanging off their backs.  And I appreciate how Comera has a more obviously feminine figure than the official Slash.  That said, Fansproject is known for their more stylized designs, and it's funny how stylized Comera seems even without comparing her to the official Slash.  Some of it I like, like the cylindrical robo-buns on the back of her head and the way her fingers are pointed like claws.  Some of it just seems like excessive sexualization, though, like humanoid butt with red-paint thong and the red paint tube top on her again very humanoid ro-boobs.

IMG_20191219_215701.jpg.97d45d46ae65842eafc6024584a132bd.jpg

One thing I find interesting is her size.  Fansproject made Comera a little smaller than the other LER Dinobots, but still roughly Voyager-sized.  While it was probably their intention, then, that Comera be basically a little smaller than Severo/Grimlock Hasbro went and made Slash a Legends-class figure that was much smaller than PotP Grimlock.  If we accept the disparity between the official figures as, well, official, we can put Comera with a figure like Gigapower's Grimlock and see that same proportional disparity.  So while Comera can obviously be displayed with the other LER figures or used with CHUG-style figures, I think she could also stand in as an Masterpiece Slash with Gigapower's Gigasaurs or Fans Toys' Dibots until/unless something better comes along.

IMG_20191219_220030.jpg.b6a6f10d67a4c423ee57a505c5157c07.jpg

One other note before I get to accessories.  Although they both split in half, her dinosaur head and tail are left just dangling off her back by default.  The instructions don't tell you to do this, but I prefer the splay the halves of the dino head and fold them over.  This clears a little kibble from directly behind her head, and from the front gives her "wings" which all the other Dinobots have anyway.

IMG_20191219_215930.jpg.759dcd79731760af3b3f903724615987.jpg

Now about those accessories.  She comes with a sword, as Dinobots do, a pair of very large guns with numerous hollowed spaces that really don't look very good, and a pair of smaller guns that look a bit better.  She also comes with a pair of dino claws.  Dino claws?  Is that partsforming"

IMG_20191219_220141.jpg.a5f91bf513d089729acd416916cee2e8.jpg

It can be, but it doesn't have to be.  You'll notice very small pegs on her shoulders.  The 5mm pegs on the claws have little peg holes in them, and they can fit over the pegs to give her shoulder armor.  I personally think that it looks too busy, though, and as armor they can hinder her lateral shoulder articulation.  I prefer to leave them plugged in and folded over the kibble on her forearms, which is where they attach in dino mode.  There's kibble there anyway, so I don't think it's much worse this way, and it eliminates the need for partsforming.

IMG_20191219_220533.jpg.3c9baf5711b82eaf5a4c323da9dd04de.jpg

Now about that articulation, her head is on a ball joint that can swivel and look down a bit, but she can't look up due to her robo-buns getting in the way.  Her shoulders are also on ball joints with a hinge at the base.  The ball joint allows for rotation and a slight butterfly, and the ball joint combined with the hinge gets her 90 degrees of lateral motion as long as the claws aren't on them getting in the way.  Her elbows can bend a little over 90 degrees and her wrists can swivel, but she lacks a bicep swivel.  He has a ratcheted waist swivel.  Her hips can ratchet forward 90 degrees and backward almost as much.  A minor issue with my copy is that the ratchets don't seem to be properly aligned, so one of her legs is always positioned slightly more forward than the other.  Her hips also have ratchets for lateral movement, but they're limited to about 60 degrees.  He has ratcheted thigh swivels, and her knees are double-jointed, both ratcheted, and can bend until her calves reach her thighs.  Her ankles are tight ball joints that allow for some up/down tilt, pivots, and swivels, plus her toes and heels have hinges to move up and down.  Be mindful of that ankle ball joint; I haven't had any issues yet, but I've stories of the peg breaking instead of the ball swiveling.

Her hands are molded into a 5mm peg grip.  Her sword has to put into her grip then twisted into place, like some older MMC figures, but she holds it fine when you do.  The guns just slide in, but her grip on them is a little loose.

IMG_20191219_220649.jpg.b084efa76d746098b632d2448ed9b1ce.jpg

The sword and small guns have pegs on them that allow them to attach to her hip armor for storage.  It works great for the sword, but I tried both pegs on both guns in both hips and no matter what it was very loose.  As for the big guns, she can hold them.  The joints in her shoulders and elbows seem up to the task of supporting their weight, but her grip is a little loose so she might not hold them straight.  It's not a big deal to me, as I'd personally never display her with those guns anyway.

IMG_20191219_221706.jpg.2e10b3cb51d0aeb6f7e81952bf26d4bd.jpg

Comera's deinonychus mode is a bit of a mixed bag.  I like the gold chrome on her tail, and the way her skirts fill in her dino torso.  The way that claws flip over her hands leaves her hands super visible, and with the wrist on the claws basically starting at her fingertips her dino forearms are too long.  Her robot hips don't shift, squashing her dino hips into her body.  And while I give kudos to Fansproject for designing her to walk on her dino toes in an anatomically-correct fashion it makes her almost impossible to stand.  In this picture you might notice that I'm using one of her front claws for support.

IMG_20191219_221851.jpg.acb15b16547d3ee75d523d7eb0561801.jpg

That's where the big rifles come into play again.  They actually lock together to form a base with a pair of pegs.  These pegs are meant to go into her dino feet so she can stand up.  However, the pegs are slightly too large, and she wound up with stress marks around the peg holes.  And since I didn't want to force her I didn't push her too far onto the pegs, leaving her prone to falling anyway.  As for her other accessories you can put them into her robot hands, because a deinonychus with a sword or gun is definitely scarier than a regular deinonychus, but there really isn't any other storage for them.  While the peg holes that were on her hip skirts are still visible, actually using them would put her weapons in the way of her legs (assuming you can even get the guns to stay pegged in).

Her dino arms and legs are are her robot arms and legs, so they have the same basic articulation.  Her folded-up hip skirts lock her waist rotation.  Other than that we've got her tail and neck.  The tail has a pair of hinges that give it some nice curl.  Her neck has one hinge in the middle and one at the base of the skull.  The neck doesn't curl as mucha s the tail, but she's got some decent up/down range.  Plus her jaw opens.

Comera's an ok robot with a few flaws, and a really flawed dinosaur.  There's no way I'd have paid full price for her, but I don't really regret buying her on sale for $40.  As I mentioned, she can fit with both CHUG and MP collections, at least until something better comes along.  That said, I do hope something better comes along, because I think and MP Slash would be pretty cool and I'd like to see one with fewer flaws than Comera.  If you like the design feel free to pick her up when she's on sale, but I don't really recommend her.

I picked her and her "sister", Echara the pachycephalosaurus, up in the same sale(only Primus can judge me!).

Echara's weapons are better, in that all of them will stay pegged in wherever you peg them(they are also stolen from the Teenage Ninja Robot Turtles, as she carries ninja stars, throwing knives. and swords styled like sais). Also, I think the very thick and tall forehead works better for Echara(because pachycephalosaurus).

You forgot one important detail:

1098028750_Autobotboobsandbutt.thumb.jpg.9eca3d75d7d1c7476063cf2f6b1e2a69.jpg

She can do the "boobs & butt" pose(once I realized she had a butt, there was no doubt in my mind that this was happening).

But she can't put her hand on her hip(I WANTED her posed like she was pulling her gun off her skirt armor). I don't understand how they can do so well with the legs and then just phone in the arms. Which is really my impression of this entire mold: the things that are done well are done very well, and the things that are done poorly are done very poorly.

And, well, the dinosaur mode is basically the Transformers equivalent of a fursuit. It is CLEARLY just a humanoid robot wearing a dinosaur head and claws and calling it a transformation. Which, well, isn't the laziest transformation in the line's history, but it is up there.