I don't mind, personally. It's an optional character to change up the transformation if you want it to... I'm going to guess that such an obvious money grab will come with an extra little goodie to make it more tempting.

Now that you put it that way, I guess the 6th member really could come with a neat surprise. Either way, combined mode looks so perfect that I really can't ask for more.

FP on the other hand is reducing my interest on Menasor. I was finding the price hard to swallow, then saw how tiny the first bot is and that there are no extra pieces, then remembered that "limb mode" will be just the car plugging into something and then finally saw the group pic... MM needs to be really good to compensate.

I do like the colors and they look nice together but you have to be nitpicky when a small deluxe class is going for 60+shipping and have seen jack crap about the most important piece of the whole team.

I have Breakdown pre-ordered, as I feel he is the best of the limbs (most G1-ish in bot and alt modes) and has always been my fave Stunticon and a childhood favorite toy. I'd want him on his individual merits regardless. Now, buying 3 other not-as-good limbs will all depend on just how good Motormaster is. (really, the more I look at it, the more I like Dragstrip---my ONLY issues with that mold are the colors, and they're fairly minor--his transformation is more complex than the others if you take a close look---the rear of the car does a whole lot more than simply flip 180 to make the legs) Currently, I think the ranking of the limbs is:

Breakdown>Dragstrip>Wildrider>Deadend.

Deadend just sucks, he has absolutely no relation to his G1 self besides color. And frankly, you should be able to identify a "new take/Classics" TF in black and white. Even if you couldn't tell Skywarp from Thundercracker without color, you would still know "it's a seeker" based on some body details/face etc. (any jet with a cockpit chest and vents on the sides of the head is obviously a seeker---bonus point if it has intake-shoulders) But FP Deadend? Take away the colors, and you have NO idea who it is. Heck, we only knew who the grey prototype of it was via process of elimination. And he has no feet.

(and sadly, the re-color digibash of FP Wildrider as Deadend, looked a whole lot more like Deadend than FP's Deadend does)

And Menasor has always, always been my fave combiner team.

I'm pretty much the same way---most every combiner team has a weak member, and you put up with them for the whole. (and it seems likely that Motormaster will be the best one, and the most G1-ish)

Whereas IMHO, Uranos has about 3-4 weak members, with the most important one being the worst overall, and the least-G1.

I never liked Computron much, he'd have to basically be "every single individual bot is amazing on its own" for me to buy. I'd love a good Defensor though---and Hot Spot's alt-mode is both easily updateable, and always did work well as a basis for both a good bot and good torso. (looking back, I do think Menasor and Hot Spot were in the end the best torso-bots, and it's mainly because they have big boxy alt-modes----same reason an SR-71 is a terrible choice for a torso-bot)

I am liking TFC's head designs less and less though--especially Uranos. The earlier prototypes looked better. And having a yellow visor over red eyes? No, not at all. It's not Devastator, who switched between eyes and visor every scene. Superion ALWAYS had a visor, and it was always red. And the antennas just look stupid in the latest version, they bulge at the tips way too much.

IMHO, Abominus and Piranacon would be easy to do---there's a lot of leeway/interpretation as to how they should look. I mean, we *still* don't know what the heck Blot is! (I still say he's a mutant robo-ape). TFC had some early Terrorcon sketches that looked awesome, especially Hun-Grrr, but they later showed completely different ones that sucked IMHO (Hun-Grrr no longer really a cyber-dragon as much as a mustached Chinese dragon, and Blot was like a warthog-thing)

As for Piranacon--he could be GREATLY improved with the removal of the scramble-city aspects. The color scheme of the bots clearly implies a "preferred" configuration, but physically that one doesn't work that well mainly due to Nautilator---Nautilator is colored to be an arm, but he is about the worst possible choice for that position. However, with, you know, like ONE joint added on you could fold his lobster-legs out of the way and all is fine. Almost all the Seacons have "big animal kibble" bits that limit their placement/articulation in gestalt mode---well, if you dedicated each one to be an arm OR leg, not both---you could easily engineer a dedicated folding/hiding spot for those bits. (which almost all the modern combiners are doing---the only one that didn't is FoC Bruticus, and we all know how well that turned out)

Overbite is the gun. Period. His color scheme declares it (unique among the Seacons, doesn't fit in with the others in gestalt mode), and he simply makes a much better gun than all the others. Again, going back to "removing scramble city"----think how much better Overbite would be, if he ONLY had a gun mode, and not arm/leg modes. And if you didn't need to force a gun-mode into the other 4 bots---have them be ONLY an arm, not an arm and leg and gun.

PS---am I the only G1 TF fan who believes that Piranacon's instructions are wrong, and that Piranacon's gun should incorporate the 'weapon stand tripod' as the main gun barrel, and NOT use the bot's own gun? Try it, it works perfectly, so much so that it's clearly intended by the designer, even if not mentioned in any instructions. The "tripod" is a giant rifle standing up on its end. Until you actually use it as a gun. Makes Overbite a really, really good gun... (I can take pics if this doesn't make sense, especially if you've never owned a Seacon weapon stand and have never seen it up-close---nobody ever photographs it, because I think nobody else realizes what it really is)

I never liked Computron much, he'd have to basically be "every single individual bot is amazing on its own" for me to buy. ...

I would love to see an updated Computron, to me he always seemed like the most strongest combiner on the side of the Autobots.

Besides, Computron being a G1 season 3 character means the alt modes were super fantastic to begin with and that in turn gives third parties some much more leeway.

Well I finally got some time to spend with TFC Eagle.

Overall opinion. Buy it. Its a very good figure with plenty of features. The QA is top notch. The Plastic is think and detailed. Transformation is not difficult but not too easy to be boring. Very posable with lots of detents in the joints. Conversion to leg mode is very good. One draw back is that it is a part former because I have not figures out a way to incorporate the foot into either the robot mode or jet mode. Maybe there will be some way to incorporate with the other team members. It does have some backpack kibble but it folds in all the right places. Retail is $100 and it is pricey but if you cant wait for a decent superion this is the figure/s to have. Size class is between a deluxe and a voyager. Lots of detail too. Even in the booster exhausts. Good detail/panel lining on the body. Its a lot like the MP Seekers in over look

20130210_124107_zpsb77a2e47.jpg

20130210_124113_zps9fa2d0a4.jpg

20130210_124137_zps0b0fb494.jpg

20130210_124205_zps6d80e85d.jpg

20130210_175941_zps51f69749.jpg

20130210_180110_zpse23bd999.jpg

20130210_175951_zpsea38a29f.jpg

20130210_180318_zpsf9ffde39.jpg

20130210_180333_zps08a5e4fa.jpg

Not to rain on your parade, but these pics only cemented my decision to pass on Uranos:

IMGP0130_zpsb0f2f24e.jpg

IMGP0132_zps573e9a98.jpg

You know, the angles TFC never photographed from, but we all knew would be ugly. I honestly do believe it has thicker kibble than movie Jetfire.

Sorry to say this, but... Uranos = ur + anus.

Piece of junk. Pass.

Not to rain on your parade, but these pics only cemented my decision to pass on Uranos:

IMGP0130_zpsb0f2f24e.jpg

You know, the angles TFC never photographed from, but we all knew would be ugly. I honestly do believe it has thicker kibble than movie Jetfire.

While I am not disagreeing, Keep in mind its extremely hard to pack all the "Meat" into a SR-7 since the plane was paper thin in real life. For that I can forgive them. I can forgive them further because the original G1 was no different. And further understanding in design choice if you think about every SR-7 toy made with the robot chunk hanging from below. This one more especially since you have to not only pack the robot bits but also parts that should be a part of the gestalt. Maybe this one was more ambitious to choose of the gestalts but I m in it for the final show. Which is all of them combined.

The original Silverbolt was loads better than this. If they dressed up the chest plate more like intakes and made the arms a little more like engines or something but his underside is pretty clean. It's not a Concorde, but at least it affects a somewhat streamline appearance. G1 Silverbolt even has engines on his legs to make to make them look more like something when stowed in jet mode.

This new one seems like a bad design all around. The robot underneath doesn't look like anything at all. It's just geewun blocks with no payoff. It's even less streamlined than Classics Silverbolt.

Just saw the review for not-Silverbolt. Yeah epic fail on so many levels, honestly if the overall combined mode is just meh i would seriously skip this one. I can give a pass on the looks of the other bots, but damn. I think they rushed this one because they want to capitilize one their success from Hercules.

While I am not disagreeing, Keep in mind its extremely hard to pack all the "Meat" into a SR-7 since the plane was paper thin in real life. For that I can forgive them. I can forgive them further because the original G1 was no different. And further understanding in design choice if you think about every SR-71 toy made with the robot chunk hanging from below. This one more especially since you have to not only pack the robot bits but also parts that should be a part of the gestalt. Maybe this one was more ambitious to choose of the gestalts but I m in it for the final show. Which is all of them combined.

All of which is why----why'd they pick an SR-71? It's not the G1 alt-mode, and it's the worst possible choice to try to make a TF out of. "Hey guys, let's keep 4 out of 5 jets the same, but change the team leader to something that'll be even harder to make a good figure out of than a Concorde and is already established as the alt-mode of another character"

Seriously, I think that's what TFC must have said at their discussions on making a new Superion... Next thing you know, they'll try making Piranacon, and keep 5 of 6 figs the same, but change Snaptrap to an electric eel.

All of which is why----why'd they pick an SR-71? It's not the G1 alt-mode, and it's the worst possible choice to try to make a TF out of. "Hey guys, let's keep 4 out of 5 jets the same, but change the team leader to something that'll be even harder to make a good figure out of than a Concorde and is already established as the alt-mode of another character"

Seriously, I think that's what TFC must have said at their discussions on making a new Superion... Next thing you know, they'll try making Piranacon, and keep 5 of 6 figs the same, but change Snaptrap to an electric eel.

or maybe trying to avoid copy right???

They went 6 for 6 with alt-modes for Hercules, and kept the G1 color scheme with about 95% accuracy. I doubt they're too concerned with copyright.

Also, Lockheed is the pickiest of all the aircraft companies for licensing---I think they're more likely to sue TFC than Hasbro... :p (of course, Superion already had an F-16 too, and so will Uranos, so it's a moot point)

If you're doing a Tu-144, then you should do a Concorde! That'd be like going from an F-15 to a MiG-25...

Anyways---I've though an Su-24 might work, you could fudge the scale a bit to make it a lot bigger than the others. (A Tornado has a very similar shape, but it'd look odd if it was much bigger than the others)

Just saw the review for not-Silverbolt. Yeah epic fail on so many levels, honestly if the overall combined mode is just meh i would seriously skip this one. I can give a pass on the looks of the other bots, but damn. I think they rushed this one because they want to capitilize one their success from Hercules.

YEah Im sorely let down by this. And seeing this let down is going to cost me 145 bucks made me cancel my order. Ill wait till it goes on clearance.

I just received my Fanstoys Quakewave from Acestoystore today. I have to admit that this is my first third party stand alone purchase (not counting all the Dr wu accessories that I've bought in the past). In short, the toy is excellent. The toy looks gorgeous, is easy to transform, feels solid as a rock, and fits very well with the other masterpiece figures.

Some highlights
1. It feels heavy and substancial in hand thanks to the generous diecast in the legs.
2. There is some really nice detailing in the chest area. The molding is sharp.
3. It looks very accurate to the cartoon. Aside from the blocky legs, this really looks like shockwave just lept off the cartoon and onto my desk.
4. The plastic is pretty good, not cheap feeling. It has a slight textured look to it that gives it a matte finish.
5. The shoulders and knees have strong ratchet joints. There is a waist joint and ankle tilts allowing for some nice dynamic poses.

I didn't try the electronics yet since I don't have the watch batteries needed. The clear hand and gun barrel may be accurate to the original toy but I'm eagerly waiting for the solid hand/barrel that will be provided later.
Fanstoys really hit the ball out of the park with this one. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing other products from this company.

post-12800-0-33625300-1360912051_thumb.jpg

post-12800-0-85885200-1360912069_thumb.jpg

post-12800-0-51506800-1360912094_thumb.jpg

post-12800-0-63381700-1360913994_thumb.jpg

post-12800-0-92886500-1360914012_thumb.jpg

Edited by mass driver

Thanks for sharing your pics and info, mass driver! I have yet to preorder quickwave, founding source is limited at the moment, but will definitely try to obtain one before it's too late. The second release said to include the two batteries, corrected the left arm so that the hose will be under the arm instead of over,
and include the solid fist.

In the bottom two photos, I think you have Quickwave gun barrel upside down.

well real bummer for me. the train with my Demolition Crew derailed yesterday. Package is under investigation.

:blink: frakk man... that's my ultimate nightmare right there (along with stuff from japan being on an airplane that crashes into the pacific ocean.)