Why base them on real planes if you're going to totally screw up some of the most defining characteristics for no reason at all? (most of the issues are on parts that don't touch anything, house anything, etc---there's plenty of room etc for them to be shaped 100% correctly) It started with Phantom having the nose of a Skyhawk, and has just progressed from there.

Also--the G1 versions had more accurate alt-modes overall. Sad but true at this point. Adding in the structural access panel holes of an F-16's upper skin is more than negated by getting overall shape of said upper skin completely wrong.

I expect more with 25 years of waiting/advancements. Like maybe asking TFC to look at head-on views, and not rely solely on overhead views...

What if MP Sideswipe had the rear spoiler of a Diablo? The fan-rage would be unfathomable, and there'd be NO reason for it to be wrong--it's not part of the transformation, and doesn't tuck away inside etc--it just sits there in both modes. Similar issues for most of the Uranos team.

I never said your wrong or trying to debate. You are perfectly correct in everything. All I am saying as to me and apparently tons of others on various sites it's not as big of a deal and it's not going to kill my want to buy the set, which may be why TFC isn't trying better to be more accurate. They know most customers won't care as much as long as they have transforming jets the somewhat resemble their G1 counterparts that combine. If I want accuracy out of a toy I look at far superior companies. If I want to relieve childhood dreams that normally may never come true I will look to TFC and MakeToys and FansProject. Maketoys had better alt modes for their Devastator but in all I never cared for the fig as much as Hercules which I feel appeals to me better and their Superion is quickly winning me over too.

If they weren't trying to be accurate, then how come they are rivet-by-rivet and panel-by-panel correct in so many other areas? Kind of a "forest for the trees" thing. As I mentioned before---detailing the F-16's upper fuselage like that sure would have taken more than 5 mins of effort, likely many hours of CAD/research etc. So why go through all that effort for accuracy, if the overall shape is going to be so very wrong with no attention paid to it? The Blackbird has just about every single RAM-wedge present--that's zillions of lines molded in. If they didn't care, they would have just ignored them.

Anyways----mmmmmmmmnnnn:

45356_431559766909969_486352827_n.jpg

::edit:: Gah, I just ruined it for myself. Those aren't Divebomb's wings on the back of Predaking. It's a massive amount of parts-forming/parts-replacement.

I never said your wrong or trying to debate. You are perfectly correct in everything. All I am saying as to me and apparently tons of others on various sites it's not as big of a deal and it's not going to kill my want to buy the set, which may be why TFC isn't trying better to be more accurate. They know most customers won't care as much as long as they have transforming jets the somewhat resemble their G1 counterparts that combine. If I want accuracy out of a toy I look at far superior companies. If I want to relieve childhood dreams that normally may never come true I will look to TFC and MakeToys and FansProject. Maketoys had better alt modes for their Devastator but in all I never cared for the fig as much as Hercules which I feel appeals to me better and their Superion is quickly winning me over too.

I don't think it's about being accurate so much as it is about looking good. By the standards of $100 third party combiner toys these look awful.

Edited by anime52k8

Well here's the thing....other than silverbolt I don't think the overall accuracy should matter THAT much. With Hercules none of those were accurately construction vehicles. Also I am not a jet enthusiast so it doesn't botther me as much as others and considering the mass majority of buyers probably fall into my category I think it will be fine. I find that the bots and jets look pretty good to my novice eye and that's all that matters to me. Now back to Silverbolt, yeah no....that's just overall bad in so many ways.

I agree. But you have to keep in mind this is a Macross forum where its all about the jets and they are freaks about line art--Just Sayin

Why base them on real planes if you're going to totally screw up some of the most defining characteristics for no reason at all? (most of the issues are on parts that don't touch anything, house anything, etc---there's plenty of room etc for them to be shaped 100% correctly) It started with Phantom having the nose of a Skyhawk, and has just progressed from there.

Also--the G1 versions had more accurate alt-modes overall. Sad but true at this point. Adding in the structural access panel holes of an F-16's upper skin is more than negated by getting overall shape of said upper skin completely wrong.

I expect more with 25 years of waiting/advancements. Like maybe asking TFC to look at head-on views, and not rely solely on overhead views...

What if MP Sideswipe had the rear spoiler of a Diablo? The fan-rage would be unfathomable, and there'd be NO reason for it to be wrong--it's not part of the transformation, and doesn't tuck away inside etc--it just sits there in both modes. Similar issues for most of the Uranos team.

MP SS sucks tho. It has that basic cheap plastic feel some 3PC toys have and its full on hollow! with Tires that have have a tread on them and the other a black plastic road. I dont hear the fans raging about that much

If the rear bumper bits could rotate to the side and then upwards along the inside of the legs, that'd both cover up the gap and remove the impediment to ankle motion.

but then he wouldn't have snazzy pant cuffs.

?? "MP Sideswipe's cheap plastic tires" could be a thread unto itself at most of the TF forums. Plus his hollow legs. (though the tires get WAY more comments, and frankly I agree--I want my rubber!)

I'm still a bit miffed MP-10 doesn't have Desert Dog Formulas...

Though definitely glad it has rubber tires.

Whatevs. If Lambor was made by a third party, everyone would pony up da dough with fewer complaints.

So third party production standards are now equal to takara/hasbro. Man those big companies better look out cause third party stuff is getting better every year :p

Hey, remember those guys who were going to do an MP soundwave before they where totally undercut by takara? when now they're taking a stab at Shockwave.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/fanstoys-unofficial-generation-1-shockwave-176445/

DQ7kW.jpg

I wonder if this means we'll be getting an announcement an official MP Shockwave a month before this hits retailers. :p

Anyone have the reprolabels stickers for MP10? Look bad ass!

Waiting next month cause it's a pretty hefty price. Although I don't feel there's a need for an additional Autobot logo on the other shoulder and would look out of place, plus I don't think the shade of red would be matching since MP10 and TRU Prime are different color wise.

However all the added detail the trailer would get is most certainly needed and insanely awesome.

I'd like to see the rest of the Giant set stickers finished and sold as a package versus seperate. They'll work pretty well for the yellow set I'm sure.

Yeah, I only want the single Autobot logo on Prime anyway and am mostly lthinking of the trailer ones, though the license plates and detail look great. Detailing Roller is also nice.

I received Hench and my reprolabels at the same time. That was super fast!

I have to recommend this figure for anyone who has a classics/universe/gens collection. He fits in there really nicely and the new stickers work great. There's a lot more to look at to me with the new window stickers and an autobot logo with an oregon/washington plate.

Hm, I guess i was hoping for a little more out of the head robot figure, like balljointed shoulders and hips at least. It's possible since I do have a chrome dome head from a TFW member who designed it off of Shapeway and it's fairly practical.

No meter gauge either, that's kind of sad.

Overall, the figure is nice, they're starting to look just a bit less boxy and angular and more rounded.

glad they're not doing a hard head figure, this'll be a nice complement to my Head robots Hardhead figure.

Chromedome has always been my least favorite headmaster and I think he's the least interesting looking Figure of the one's Fansproject has shown so far.

The only one I'm really interested in right now are their Minerva and Alligator Prime

small set, but cool none the less. I think I need two; one for bulkhead and one to paint blue for Ultra Magnus. plus, it reinforces the car ass, and that's very important.

http://www.tfw2005.c...ulkhead-176587/

64175456201301010301183249417573526_014_1357001132.jpg

64175456201301010301183249417573526_010_1357001220.jpg64175456201301010301183249417573526_016_1357001132.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

If the missile pods/rear haunches could be moved up higher in leg mode, Not-Tantrum would look a lot better. Or conversely--where did the alt-mode front shoulders go?----if they remained in their alt-mode location, it'd balance out the look of the leg-mode.

Also---combining sword is even cooler than Hercules' combining gun.

I don't know, I think it looks fine the way it is. so far it's looking cool but I don't think I'll be able to afford it. I couldn't even bring myself to spend the money to get hercules/green giant and I like Devastator a lot more than predaking.

Shockwave is looking good so far.

I've gotten back into Transformers thanks to FOC, which I think are great!

Here's my Optimud Prime. Meanwhile, I'm waiting on G2 FOC Bruticus, hope it gets here soon. Finally can anyone tell me what they think of :-) first edition deluxe Starscream from Prime? I love the robot design and think it suits the character better than G1, but am a little weary of the kibble undercarrage in jet mode...

post-4621-0-77558000-1357152823_thumb.jpg

Here's my Optimud Prime. Meanwhile, I'm waiting on G2 FOC Bruticus, hope it gets here soon. Finally can anyone tell me what they think of :-) first edition deluxe Starscream from Prime? I love the robot design and think it suits the character better than G1, but am a little weary of the kibble undercarrage in jet mode...

Hold on

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry did you say bruticus??

Oh Oh

Ok im done :p

FE Starscream is one of the best deluxe price point figures they've done. The sculpt and pose-ability make him very characterful, expressive and fun to play with. The Alt mode is basically a pretty good looking jet with a pair of spindly legs hanging out underneath, but the transformation is fun and the robot mode alone is worth the purchase.