Jefuemon

The VF-1 Riders.

I've seen a lot of their work on the net, and it's pretty phenomenal. But does anyone know more about them? How many members, where are they located, how can you join?

Even if you don't know, click the link and enjoy their work.

Also, I think I'm one of the 10 people in the world who is a Facebook hold-out. I think someone in the group can speak English (saw they had a Deviant Art page). Would someone who has FB mind commenting on their work, and directing them back to here?

VERY NICE! Thanks for sharing guys (multiple links here). Nice and classy; even the tables have a simulated carrier deck to them.

Jefuemon, that now makes 11 of us not on FB. Can I click the big "dislike" button on their homepage for them B)) I prefer to call everyone or e-mail. I'm anti-tech and I do IT stuff for a living :p - MT

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at their works for years from their blogs, I always thought there is only one guy who did everything. The blogs has more pictures with building process.

http://tomplus.exblo...1%3A08%3A00.000

There's certainly more than just this one guy. Some are active at WonderFes, some have built models featured in Macross The Ride articles in Japanese hobby mags. From what I understand they are a loose organization and anyone is free to contact them and submit models for display consideration.

I think we need these guys posting their work in our Model's and Building/Customizing threads.

I second that! - MT

That's why I asked if someone who has Facebook would leave a comment, directing them here. I know at least one of the members speaks English. My main wonder is if they've got any Hokkaido members, and if they'd like a new one! ;)

Surprised to see our club's name on the forum list.

@Vi-RS

Thank you for referring to my blog. :)

I'm only one of members of VF-1 RIDERS.

There's no way I can build so many Valks like that on my own.

BTW I updated a new article to my blog. Hope you like it.

@Jefuemon

razgriz' comment is fairly accurate :)

>How many members in VF-1 RIDERS?

Not fixed.

As you can see from the number of Valks displayed,

Everytime we have around 20 of members.

>where we locate

We are only active on the Internet,

Once in a year we meet at Shizuoka Hobby show / Annual Modelers Club Joint Exhibition.

>How to join

Anyone who can visit Shizuoka Hobby show / Annual Modelers Club Joint Exhibition

which is held every May. Only you have to do is to bring your Valk with you.

It is very nice if you can come from Sapporo next time.

If you would like to see, I will post details to join.

For your information, the guy who maintaining facebook page is not me,

but our "squadron leader" (founder of the club).

thanks!

Cancer107, thanks for visiting! Hope you can stick around, and show some of the work you and the other members come up with.

@Jefuemon,

I introduced some blogs of VF-1 RIDERS members in my new entry to my blog.

The guy of "Field Grey Modeling" is the one who made decal set for "project Dullahans".

He is really a good modeler and his blog is worth to see.

@Jefuemon,

I introduced some blogs of VF-1 RIDERS members in my new entry to my blog.

The guy of "Field Grey Modeling" is the one who made decal set for "project Dullahans".

He is really a good modeler and his blog is worth to see.

Thanks! I'll be sure to check it out.

It looks like the theme for their 2013 Shizuoka Hobby Show exhibit will be Angel Birds. Ground and in-flight displays, should be quite a sight!

*Edited to add: From Cancer's blog, this is where ppl are signing up: http://ridersbbs.bbs.fc2.com/

Thank you for following-up!

What they are talking is that;

the total number of "Angel Birds" are 6,

so if the number of people who want to join this project is more than 6,

they may separate to the groups of ground display and in-flight display.

(now we have 7 people in this project)

If there's someone who can bring completed 1/48 VF-1 Angel Bird to Shizuoka,

please sign up!

From 9:58, VF-1 Riders. I shot this movie by chance at Shizuoka Hobby Show.

From 6:25, there were the other Macross-oriented modelers' club, "関東酒餅会”. Hmm.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember seeing their work a few years back. It's just awesome to see all the custom schemes. Cancer107, thank you for joining MW. I very much look forward to seeing what you guys do next. B))

Oh, I did click Like on the Facebook page!

And I just remembered that they had a website around the time that Hasegawa started producing the valkyries. There were some pictures of recently built valks that were taken outside on someone's car near the ocean.

Edited by Capt Hungry

My yellow VF-11 at 11:15 !!

Thanks antibiotictab,

glad to know someone noted our small VF-11 meeting.

I thank YOU for your reply. :lol:

I read your Blog, and have a question. Won't you participate in Wonder Festival Summer 2012? It will soon come. Only in Winter?

Just watched that vid and at 7:50 behind the Laputa mecha is a model of the Moonbase shuttle from the UFO TV show!! How cool! UFO was favorite show when I was a wee lad.

A nostalgic Sci-fi.

There were a Seaview, Thunderbirds, and an Angel Interceptor from Captain Scarlet too.

Antibiotictab - I missed the Gerry Anderson mecha. At what point in the vid did you see those?

Not in this Video. Check my youtube channel.

2012 Shizuoka Hobby Show and Hobby Square 静岡ホビーショー・静岡ホビースクエア #1~#6

I read your Blog, and have a question. Won't you participate in Wonder Festival Summer 2012? It will soon come. Only in Winter?

Ah, Unfortunately I'm living in Phillipines now for my job assignment and can not attend to any events in Japan until 2014.

It really really sucks. I hope you guys enjoy WF and other Macross 30th Anniv. events for me.

I believe Save and some other MW menbers will be at WF, why don't you Mac-ota gaijin butai guys join up there?

I only have 2 VFs and 1 Mobile Suit here... I have cement and abrasive papers but no paints.

b0055614_11471253.jpg

SVF-440"Dullahans" #417 Battloid

by VF-1 RIDERS member, KOMATU-san.

build with Hasegawa 1/72 YF-19, Gokigenseimitsu Battloid conversion kit and VF-1 RIDERS "Dullahans" decal set.

this is not for sale...

@PetarB

Sorry that I still can not upload the pictures & texts about my VF-11s.

I'm not forgetting about it. Please wait...

@Gian

Thank you! There is no "canon" in Macross and you can enjoy your own "Macross World".

That is one point I love from Macross.

@Gian

Thank you! There is no "canon" in Macross and you can enjoy your own "Macross World".

That is one point I love from Macross.

Yeah man, the possibilities are vast. I wish I have skills for building Macross models like you guys do.

Thanks for sharing your work with us! :)

Not in this Video. Check my youtube channel.

2012 Shizuoka Hobby Show and Hobby Square 静岡ホビーショー・静岡ホビースクエア #1~#6

Now I see what you were talking about. Very cool and I like the HUGE pile of boxed models.