VF-25F Messiah VS YF-29 DURANDAL !!

moncikoma

THE WINNER IS?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. which is the best valk?

• DURANDAL
    • MESSIAH

"VF-1S" colour version of the YF-29 announced!!

http://www.macrossworld.com/2465/2465/

Hope it looks good! But seriously, they should totally just make an Ozma variant......

I thought about what's the difference between an Ozma custom and a Focker custom... I suppose it's the bull's skull or the human's skull.

While I love Focker much more (Ozma is just his clone), the bull's skull is more in line with the other MF VFs.

Edit: It just says "VF-1S" color. Maybe it's the Hikayu VF-1S. More probably.

Edited by ff95gj

I'm sold, and yep, I really hope this one is exclusive so I can get one. What a bassackwards world Bandai is creating. <_<

Depending on how it looks, I might even cancel that preorder I have with BBTS, and just forget about the canon version entirely. A full white one with red and black VF-1 markings would look freaking awesome.

Edited by Chronocidal

How exactly do you do a Fokker 29? A truly Vf-1S scheme is basically just two simple stripes. Will they follow the psychedelic 29 scheme but black instead of red and the black stripes yellow?

Wish it was the Ozma, the grey scheme from the videogame looked cool.

I thought about what's the difference between an Ozma custom and a Focker custom... I suppose it's the bull's skull or the human's skull.

Even though we do not exactly know what they mean by "VF-1S colour", the Ozma YF-29 is completely different to be considered anything close to a VF-1S scheme, and it is different from any other valk, too. Even has a unique head.

Man that sucks. That's a factory defect so you should be able to send it back for an exchange or refund

Yeah, this is my first modern Bandai Valkyrie too :*(

I dispatched an email to Tokyo Hunter earlier today.

Since starting to collect the Mac F Renewals, space has become a major issue that I've been wrestling with. With the 25F, 25S, 29, and pending 171EX, 25G, and the hopefully eventual RVF, I was scratching my head on a solution. Introducing my solution... lol sorry if posting all these is lame (I'll edit this post if so), but I thought it'd be helpful for anyone else feeling the space crunch with all these new Mac valks coming out. :)

gallery_14163_553_1038587.jpggallery_14163_553_543879.jpggallery_14163_553_938499.jpggallery_14163_553_1572232.jpggallery_14163_553_224589.jpg

That is very cool. Did you make those yourself?

Thanks M.D... at first I was going to buy some acrylic risers and cut notches out in the front and back for the nosecones and jets, but after seeing how hard it'd be to cut the risers the way I needed them, I headed to a local plastics shop and bought some cut acrylic rod and panels (all at a fraction of the cost the risers would've been). Stoked on how they came out, and now I'll be able to fit the 6 Mac F valks I'm trying to get in my detolf. :)

Nice straight head fin you got there on your YF-29 Ultraman. Mine looks gimpy like a dolphin that that has a bent dorsal fin. I'm working with Tokyo hunter to see if I can get a replacement.

This is how mine looks straight out of the box, there is a stress mark on both sides that is hard to capture in photos. I was going to leave it sealed, because I was not sure if I would be able to secure the whole Frontier cast. From now on I am am going to inspect all items even if I am not going to display them. I expect a better QC for the price this thing cost me. :(

95dadaf9.jpg

85bc1253.jpg

Edited by Loop

Man, that fin is ugly. Like a flipper baby or something. haha. (apologies to those with flippers.)

LOL! This is exactly how I felt as soon as I laid eyes on the head. Valkyries and mechanical craft in general are about sharp lines and even curves sometimes, but this just throws off the whole shape to me.

That is surely some bend, considering it was packed in styro and nothing in contact with it. Could be a defect during the production?

Most likely, I have bought some other bandai merchandise that was packed this way and it was fine (Metal Build Gundam Freedom). The Gundam had all kinds of pointy stuff on it too.

Unfortunately that piece is hard ABS. If it was PVC the old heat bend ice water trick would work but alas it is not. Bending it again would just snap the tip off

I am scared if I move it, it will snap off where the stress marks are. I am going to just wait and get it resolved with the seller, I don't want to do any thing that will void the company policies.

If you have an Ozma renewal, I've got an Alto...just saying. ;)

-Kyp

Ozma's VF-25S is the only Mac Frontier renewal I got (retail at HLJ). Could not secure an armor pack for. I'm hoping for a re release, bundled with the armor.

If I had an extra, I would have traded it with you.

The armor alone is comanding a price between $150 and $200 on ebay, and Ozma is being offered between $310 and $600. it's just crazy.

Crazy that a toy released only afew months ago can duplicate its value that fast. Not even a vintageTakatoku costs that much now.

The real problem is, are collectors willing to pay those prices. If they are I could see this trend continuing. If a mfg. picks up on it and actually cares, they increase production to flush out all the scalpers.But in the case of Bandai, I wonder if the previous backlash on the V1 caused them to think that current owners won't re buy a renewal version. Personally I felt the V1's were shelf warmers for a reason.This time around AFAIK, they made a much better product. I wonder if they had low confidence in the product this time around.

Edited by Loop

That theory works better if the V1s sold worse. The original V1 releases sold well enough to warrant reissues. The shelf-warmers of the group were the movie version Alto super parts bundle and to a lesser extent the Luca and Michael valks. The Ozma armor bundle was a rather quick mover also. From what I hear, Bandai has been very pleased with the Macross Frontier license in general despite several toys not hitting sales expectations... the V1 DX toys were not one of those which is why they get the renewal. Here's my guess at what happened: The economy tanked. Bandai reduce the number of plants they were working with. Since there are fewer plants they reduced production quantities so that they could continue to turn out product to support multiple licenses. As a byproduct, they've also reduced standing inventory further reducing storage, taxes, and various other overhead costs.

Hate the -171, -25, -27, -29 and their lego block crotch in battroid mode.

The most beautiful valkyrie in all of the series and movies is a certain VF-19 with Frontier-era fast packs swooping in to save the day.

I wonder if anyone that owns a yamato 1/60 YF-19 and also a Super VF-25, could use some double face tape and let everybody sees what would look like the VF-19 with frontier-era fast packs at battroid mode and gerwalk too. =D