VF-25F Messiah VS YF-29 DURANDAL !!

moncikoma

THE WINNER IS?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. which is the best valk?

• DURANDAL
    • MESSIAH

Congrats to all who got their YF-29...

@ultraman zoffy - very nice trio of valks there... The more i see the YF-29 the more i'm leaning towards the YF-29 > VF-25 club. I have to watch the movie again and see it in action. I love the classic look of the 25 but its like when i first watched Mac+ and saw the YF-19... I was totally blown away by the coolness and advanced look of the 19. Really, the only thing holding the 29 back is the color scheme... but it's starting to grow on me. :)

Edited by m0n5t3r

Selling my extra YF-29 if anyone interested, probably more expensive (or roughly the same after conversion and shipping) than the one at TH though - just covering the cost I got it at and shipping. It's in the sales section, feel free to PM me if anyone's interested.

Edited by Phalanix

Finally snapped a pic capturing the whole reason I bought a Durandal (well, main reason): to put it next my Miriya VF-1J. :D If only the Durandal was flown by a hot female pilot ace instead of a dude that looks like a chick. I guess I can always imagine Sheryl as an ace pilot of the YF-29... lol.

gallery_14163_548_636074.jpg

Now that I've had the Durandal for about a month I'm gonna say I prefer it in fighter mode for sure. I had one hell of a time transforming the thing though. It took me 15 minutes trying to get the head back into the body so that it is flush in fighter mode. I like it and all but this one stays in fighter mode for good unless I'm feeling saucy and want to go through the transformation again.

I like the look of the yf-29 in fighter mode just a bit more than I do the vf-25. Also, I had a heck of a time transforming it to battroid which is the mode it's going to stay in. Trying to get the head out was a pain. In terms of build quality, the paint apps are pretty good but I did notice some stress marks on the hinges (around the metal pin) connecting the chest plate to the shoulder plates on both sides.

I like the VF-25 better.I don't dislike the YF-29 i just think it has too many engines for my taste if it didn't have the wing engines I would like it better , so i decided to separate the 29 to make room for the 171, so i took a old fish tank I haven't used since college and got a polycarbonate lexan sheet to replace the top and you get this:

IMG_0378.jpg

I was able to get a YF-29 reisue... no regrets on that score. I do hope to catch a VF-25S renewal reissue if/when it happens, just have to be ready to pounce as soon as preorders open and hope that when I do they are still available.

I just got my 29 reissue today, have not had a chance to open it. I think I may just keep it in the box until I can figure out if I can complete the cast of Frontier.

Edited by Loop

I just decided to open my YF-29 tonight and found that right out of the box, the fin on the top of the head is bent to one side a bit and there is a little bit of a stress mark :(

Edited by Loop