Yamato 1/60 VF-1A "Alaska Base" Custom

IXTL

There is still the VF-1A M&M Arcade varaint. Graham is there any indication from Yamato about it ?

Thanks.

Yeah, good idea, but I'd really really REALLY like to see an options part re-release of both 1/60 original -1J's first, since few few people seem to own them here...

Grrr.. I might be tempted, but maybe if I get my VE-1, that can be number 20.

Honestly? I know it's probably blasphemy of some sort, but I'd almost be tempted to put the name Jack Archer on it. :p

but Jack archer had a red VF-1, Izzy flew the Green one.

but Jack archer had a red VF-1, Izzy flew the Green one.

Oh I know, I just would love to give battlecry a simultaneous nod and slap in the face. ^_^ It's actually sad though, the paint schemes they used for those VF-1s weren't too terrible. If they made them, I'd probably grab them out of nostalgia for the game itself, but I put the likelyhood of that just slightly less than getting a full English dub of DYRL on bluray.

As for it being number 20, unless they start releasing a ton of customs in low-vis markings, I think I'm set for canon schemes. And really, that 20 includes 3 unbuilt kits, so yeah.

Edited by Chronocidal

honestly, I think the original scheme they came up with for Battlecry was actually pretty nice looking. I've always liked how they actually continued the stripe/color of the chest onto the back plate, and having transition from the colored fuselage to the white nose at an angle is an interesting touch.

battlecry06.jpg

How funny... Just when you thought you've seen every vf-1 made in existence Yamato finds yet another obscure color scheme to milk the VF-1 mold

Nope--there's still the gray -1J from "Phantasm"; and then there's a -1J in cannon fodder brown, but I can't remember which ep right now...

@BlackValkyrie:

"There is still the VF-1A M&M Arcade variant."

Funny you mention those valks. We dug out the 80's Battletech lead "Stinger" mini's, and I'm just finishing up the white on Maxs' battroid. Milia's battroid is already done, with the GERWALK's coming next. Pics soon.

Impressive, at least some one is into them :) .

It's critical on what kinda green that Yamato will choose to go with, I'd prefer some sort of real world military dark green like the Spartan.

Uhhh hells no yo! Stick to toon acuracy as possible! Edited by Agent-GHQ

Oh yeah, isn't SVF-41 "Black Aces" considered canon now, too?

vf1jblackaces.jpg

Except.. I don't think that's supposed to be "Black Aces".... one, the colors are entirely wrong, looks like a mix of VF-84 and VF-142, Ghost Riders, with maybe a bit of VFA-151 Vigilantes. Outside of the number, and what looks like a spade eyepatch on the skull, that looks nothing like a traditional Black Aces scheme. They were known for years as always having a solid black nosecone, and using red/white markings.

41158.jpg

Not to say those markings don't look awesome, and I know I would buy multiples if they started using the Hasegawa high-vis schemes on new releases. But for a company with as much experience with F-14 kits and markings as Hasegawa, I'm surprised they mixed the names around so much. :huh:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/uploads/gallery/album_549/gallery_14954_549_156891.jpg

Here's a little project in the works concerning "split-second schemes." They still need touch-ups and wire for the head laser, but with all of the expensive variants, we decided to paint the little ones and save for the cool, big stuff. LAM's/GERWALK's are next.

Haha.... That is nicely done, but ain't these supposed to be 1A?

glmhgbkthp_o.jpg

honestly, I think the original scheme they came up with for Battlecry was actually pretty nice looking. I've always liked how they actually continued the stripe/color of the chest onto the back plate, and having transition from the colored fuselage to the white nose at an angle is an interesting touch.

battlecry06.jpg

Has a kind of Macross the First look about it....or is that the other way around? :o

Of course I realized they keep their stuff a secret because they know if they release early pics, MW members will rip whatever it is apart with multitude of complaints about size, color, gaps, etc, etc ;)

I wonder if yamato has an employee that actually read this board.

Edited by akt_m