Yamato 1/60 VF-1A "Alaska Base" Custom

IXTL

I guess the Alaska base VF-1A is probably the last official variants that we have ever seen in the movie and tv series.

Not quite. The Persimmon Squadron Valkyrie, Orguss Valk, VF-1D (second version appears in Virgin Road and official lineart available in the MDW), are amonst the few that are yet to be made.

Sneak peek of the Alaska base VF-1A. Given the spy type photo, I guess photography was prohibited.

xBdsS.jpg

I talked with Yamato's stuff there. He was complaining about that kind of shot. "Because of such a deed, we would be scolded by our boss" he said.

I hope every fan consider the rules. Even though cannot read Kanji, see the icon and understand what it means, right?

So keeping it secret from the possible consumer is a good thing. You figure it be good to show it to their customers. It's not like its a top secret weapon. It's a toy. Again a toy. Yes or nay?

I agree with you as well, being that it is literally just a toy, and showing it to potential customers is definetely a good thing. On the other hand though, I would really feel for those employees if they got reprimanded just cuz someone inconsiderately took a picture.

I really do feel that Yamato does these silly no pics rules just to drive up anticipation and "mysteriousness" surrounding the toy to drive up demand....

Yup. Alaska base VF-1A confirmed.

Yeah buddy!!! Now let's see if Yamato will fulfill my other requests...Minmay Guards!

I really do feel that Yamato does these silly no pics rules just to drive up anticipation and "mysteriousness" surrounding the toy to drive up demand....

I don't see the point...we already know what it will look like.

Edited by Old Man

I don't see the point...we already know what it will look like.

This! I could see them keeping mum on say... a 1/60 VF-1A grey low viz à la 1/48, but anything from the show itself is kind of moot. Just being coy, I guess.

Edited by mechaninac

So keeping it secret from the possible consumer is a good thing. You figure it be good to show it to their customers. It's not like its a top secret weapon. It's a toy. Again a toy. Yes or nay?

You need an explanation.

In Asia "trust" is the most important thing. Especially in terms of trade. Just a toy, but a product. In this case a guy violated Yamato's intellectual property. It was a "shoplifting". It's enough to lose his trust.

If you find "Don't do that" in Japan, never do it. Breaking promise and losing trust. Once you lost your trust, you would never bring it back.

Not only in Japan. In china, a famouse general was killed by the enemy because he never did betray his ally long time ago. Now he is enshrined in the temple as the God of Business because he defended his trust. To keep the trust is the basis of business in Asia.

This incident occured in Japan, right?

You need an explanation.

In Asia "trust" is the most important thing. Especially in terms of trade. Just a toy, but a product. In this case a guy violated Yamato's intellectual property. It was a "shoplifting". It's enough to lose his trust.

If you find "Don't do that" in Japan, never do it. Breaking promise and losing trust. Once you lost your trust, you would never bring it back.

Not only in Japan. In china, a famouse general was killed by the enemy because he never did betray his ally long time ago. Now he is enshrined in the temple as the God of Business because he defended his trust. To keep the trust is the basis of business in Asia.

This incident occured in Japan, right?

So how do you explain all of the knock-offs?

I really don't need an explanation from you. I just thought it was silly to hide it. People are not going to copy an item that is already out but just in a different color.

If this was a technological thing yes, I can understand. It's not like toynami has spies going to these things to report back to base and tell them to release one before Yamato does.

Maybe it's a language barrier but what does a Chinese general have to do with toys? I'm sorry but it's probably late and I might have had one too many*hick* drinks but am I missing the metaphoric relation to the subject at hand?

Yamato has always approached most of their Macross figures with a strange "cloak and dagger" attitude. I say most because while, like the VF-4, they show prototypes and such, others not even a whisper about and then suddenly there it is!

I honestly used to hate Graham's cryptic "Yamato is releasing something but I cannot say" comments. I was always thinking, "why the hell not, who are they afraid of?"

Of course I realized they keep their stuff a secret because they know if they release early pics, MW members will rip whatever it is apart with multitude of complaints about size, color, gaps, etc, etc ;)

So how do you explain all of the knock-offs?

The knock-offs by whom? You mean the fake products from People's Republic of China? At least overseas Chinese worship 関羽雲長 and believe the trust. Like the resident of Yokohama China Town, A.K.A. the Minmay's birthplace. She is a chinese born in Japan. Enthusiastic Macross fans never forget that, huh?

The Communist Party has destroyed their own traditions. They were things disturbing their revolution. They wanted to make the communists not the citizens. To control "the loyal subjects of the communists' empire", the old traditions in the past were annoying things.

Both are occured in USSR and PPC.This was the way of the Communist Party.

Learn more about the Cultural Revolution in Mao's era. I recommend "Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China" by Jung Chang.

Their traditions are now barely remain in Taiwan, HongKong, and the other places where overseas Chinese live. And some parts of them exist in Japan.

This is why the mainland China shamelessly copies many propaties of others'. Like Astro Plan.

Maybe it's a language barrier but what does a Chinese general have to do with toys? I'm sorry but it's probably late and I might have had one too many*hick* drinks but am I missing the metaphoric relation to the subject at hand?

I meant "the trust is so important" and "don't break the trust", that's all. Please don't think about it difficlt. I talked about the general's story as an example. I meant I said the same things twice, but did it because it's so important.

I really don't need an explanation from you. I just thought it was silly to hide it. People are not going to copy an item that is already out but just in a different color.

If this was a technological thing yes, I can understand. It's not like toynami has spies going to these things to report back to base and tell them to release one before Yamato does.

Just copying is a crime. But how about copying a part of it? That kind of the application will work for everything. Above all, don't you think "transformation" is a technological thing? There was a part of transformed VF-4 there.

Actually Yamato missed the policy. They trusted the Asian people too much. Some copy cats might have watched the model. They should consider the countermeasures in the next exhabition.

Without opening the mouth, we can't destinguish Japanese and the others. Especially in English, can't figure out. Singapore? Hong Kong? Taipei? Beijin? Shanghai? Seoul?

Hmm.

May be a Japanese who behaves as an foreigner. Me? I will never do that.

Edited by antibiotictab

I guess the Alaska base VF-1A is probably the last official variants that we have ever seen in the movie and tv series.

That's so true that this Alaska base 1A would be the last official variant which ever been introduced in macross series. I need this one for sure!