Macross World Podcast - feedback & comments

Tochiro

Thanks for the podcast guys (missing Renato's semisober musings). I appreciate you confirming that Mikumo does go full Engrish in this episode.

The nugget about Makina being a descendant of the head mechanic in Zero is pretty cool. As far as I can remember, he wasn't much of a looker so she must have picked up some fine Zentran genes along the way.

Agreed on missing Renato (and Mike and Sarah) on this go around, but still a very good listen. I did really like having an outsider's (Sarah's) viewpoint on the last cast, although I think you guys do a great job keeping a balance of super-nerd and general viewer perspectives in your reviews.

I've also been listening to the Dishing on Delta casts from Repacked, and I really like that deep dive style discussion as well. The two casts together are pretty much giving me exactly what I'm looking for: a review/interpretation of the episode and an in depth dig into the details. Nice work! Although, speaking of the DoD cast, has that fallen behind? I haven't seen any updates on the Repacked website since episode 6. Just wanted to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Thank you!

it's from a couple of podcasts back & i don't even think it's a serious question:

why Kumo-Kumo & not Miku-Miku... hahahahahahah.

i just noticed something. Compared to most of them, Mikumo's name is actually in kanji - 美雲 (mi-kumo; for the uninitiated, it means "beautiful cloud").

so, it makes sense to me for her cutesy calling card to be Kumo-Kumo or even Mi-Mi, but not Miku-Miku, get it? :p

Alright, Episode of 9 is out, and you know what that means its time for!
http://www.macrossworld.com/speakerpodcast-ep-48-macrossΔ-ep-9-spoilercast/

guyxxed - thanks for listening! I know that the ScreamMan was a little behind on getting the latest couple of episodes of Dishin' up but I believe he has caught up by now.

starla - thats a really good point. Great catch!

Can't wait for subs, so I'm gonna take a hybrid approach. Listen to you guys, watch until I hit a part you haven't discussed, listen some more, repeat.

Thanks.

--KojisBot

Thanks guys for the podcasts, especially for this episode (10) it was carthartic listening to you guys for this episode.

Really enjoy it when there are more people offering different viewpoints, and makes for more humorous banter.

i'm not sure where to post this so don't get mad, mod :)

shout out to Gwyn for his twitter post of Messer showering... thanks, man, exactly the thing to get over this grief, hahahah.

& playing catch-up... i think it was Egan with the Airwolf reference a couple of weeks back on the podcast... i can't get that tune out of my head now!

Thanks guys for the podcasts, especially for this episode (10) it was carthartic listening to you guys for this episode.

Really enjoy it when there are more people offering different viewpoints, and makes for more humorous banter.

I agree, I like how people here can express themselves without being rude,,,,,But those podcasters will shoot you down faster than Messer going full vartard,,,,,,,,jk lol ^_^

The SpeakerPODcast crew is back to talk about Japan's reaction to Delta, Mylene Party, Chogokins, and Megumi 'Ranka' Nakajima's habit of singing Macross Delta songs backstage.

More importantly, we visit Super Robot Spirits 2016 - where Adrian gets to meet Hiroko 'Ishtar' Kasahara...

http://www.macrossworld.com/speakerpodcast-ep-54-anecdotally-speaking/

Nice conversation during the Episode 13 podcast. I may have excessively chuckled during the Things Johnson Does part. ^_^

Fanwank for how Hayate can easily borrow Messer's VF-31 while still using his personal settings: Macros! Really... All of the pilots can have user presets stored locally and the flight crew just sets them up at launch. It's a reasonable development of all of the controls being on touchscreens.

I think you guys were right about a conspiracy surrounding Windermere. My post in the episode 13 thread got lost amid whatever debate is happening there now, but King Gramia may of had dementia near the end of his life and was being taken advantage of. Why would he have to ask someone about Ernest's track record as a commander when he spent time as his student? Also, why was he so surprised, as if it was his first time ever seeing such a thing, at the destruction from the NUNS blowing up the Ragan Protoculture ruins when a dimensional weapon was used with bigger consequences on his own planet during his revolution?

Also, why was he so surprised, as if it was his first time ever seeing such a thing, at the destruction from the NUNS blowing up the Ragan Protoculture ruins when a dimensional weapon was used with bigger consequences on his own planet during his revolution?

I've been wondering about this too. Granted, I'm relying solely on the translations from GoGoAnime (so I don't know how accurate the dialogue is), but it was my understanding the dimensional weapon was used on Windermere following 7 years of war and that's what ultimately brought about a cease fire. I think we can all agree that who/what actually caused that explosion on Windermere is still an unknown though.

As for Gramia's comment regarding the destruction of the ruins on Ragna, I interpreted it as him being taken aback at the NUNs seeming over-reaction to the situation, which resulted in what appears to be significant loses on both sides (of military and civilians).

I do agree that it appears someone is orchestrating things behind the scenes.

The latest Super Robots show had NINE Macross songs?! Wow.

Will this be released on BD?!'

Very unlikely... to "no". :(

By the way, this week most of the podcast crew are at AnimeExpo!!

I will be there giving a talk about sci-fi, robots, idols, magical girls and how some things have changed and some have not in the past few decades... Which means, a lot of Macross content!

If you have time, check it out!

Details:

https://animeexpo2016a.sched.org/event/7QQB

Also I prepared some work related to "Shirobako" (if you're a Macross fan you should watch it because of a very "Ichiro Itano"-like character) which should hopefully be on display at the PA Works booth that Save will be prowling around, so keep a lookout! :)

Edited by Renato

I've been wondering about this too. Granted, I'm relying solely on the translations from GoGoAnime (so I don't know how accurate the dialogue is), but it was my understanding the dimensional weapon was used on Windermere following 7 years of war and that's what ultimately brought about a cease fire. I think we can all agree that who/what actually caused that explosion on Windermere is still an unknown though.

The shot of Roid right behind him immediately afterward could be foreshadowing.

• Shawn unpinned this topic