Macross World Podcast - feedback & comments

Tochiro

Hmm. I know what you mean, but I don't think that would work... They actually lip-synched the animation to the songs they used, so replacing them would be very difficult... At least if you wanted to do it to a convincing degree.

Since I'm reading subs, I may not even notice a lip sync problem!

Edited by arbit

Given the Moe Apocalypse you regularly mention, I was enjoying the "What are you watching" section from previous podcasts.

So what HAVE you been watching to get you through?

Very few series have captured my interest the past decade or so.

Some I've enjoyed for example are Dennou Coil & Steins Gate, but not too much actually comes to mind right now.

(BTW, who coined that phrase- Moe Apocalypse? Its very fitting.)

We had to drop that section for time. There's just too much Macross stuff happening!!

I'll tell you what I've been watching recently:

Aquarion Logos: At this point it's almost nothing like the other shows, so worth checking out if you didn't like them; if you did, well, still might be worth checking out for the concept, it's rather clever.

Shimoneta no gainen ga sonzai shinai taikutsu na sekai: Superbly over-the-top satire of censorship

Lupin III Part 4: Best thing on TV right now, anime or otherwise

Tico of the Seven Seas: One of my favourite of the "Masterpiece Theater" series.

Also Space Cobra, Steins Gate and Patlabor are on reruns now. :)

EDIT -- It's finished its run already a few months ago, but the best TV series was "Shirobako", if you haven't seen it already stop whatever you are doing and watch it right now. We totally should do an entire non-Macross podcast just on that!

Edited by Renato

• 2 weeks later...

I'll tell you what I've been watching recently:

Aquarion Logos: At this point it's almost nothing like the other shows, so worth checking out if you didn't like them; if you did, well, still might be worth checking out for the concept, it's rather clever.

EDIT -- It's finished its run already a few months ago, but the best TV series was "Shirobako", if you haven't seen it already stop whatever you are doing and watch it right now. We totally should do an entire non-Macross podcast just on that!

I couldn't get through second season of Aquarion. Shoji, why, why, why? I'm into anime for the story and passion, not large pecs.

I am looking forward to Shirobako. Glad to hear another recommendation. I did enjoy well-scripted shows like Genshiken and Welcome to the NHK with strong character development.

Edited by arbit

We had to drop that section for time. There's just too much Macross stuff happening!!

I can see how it would be better to focus on Macross activities, unless a recommendation is really needed for something great.

What does Save think of the new VF-2SS images? Will this thing hold together based on your experience with the kits it is based on?

Edited by arbit

What does Save think of the new VF-2SS images? Will this thing hold together based on your experience with the kits it is based on?

It's actually slightly more than what I was expecting. Anybody who expected anything more lives in a fantasy world. As far as it holding together (fighter mode I assume), guess we will just have to wait and see. Miyazawa Mokei should happen in November, hopefully they will let me get my hands on it while at the show.

Are you guys going to the Tamashii Nation 2015? Starts on Oct.30. I'll be in Tokyo Oct.28 but will leave lunch time on the 30th.

I need info about this "lump of super alloy VF-1J".

post-458-0-44469100-1445229427_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's here! And it's Delta, Delta and more Delta!

Oh, and VF-2SS ^^;

http://www.macrossworld.com/speakerpodcast-ep-30-delta-folds-in/

Great episode again, guys! I was so excited to skip to VF-2SS before listening to the whole shebang. ;)

By the way, any chance that EvoToys guys mentioned or hint that the SAP might be released somewhere down the road as an option part for Silvie? Thanks!

Great podcast.again guys. Thanks for the summary of the holo concert with special guest. Can't find any clips of it anywhere so your summary helps fill the gap for me. Interesting about the SAP that they are waiting on licensing as I'm under the impression that they are the only ones doing them in that scale at this time.

I just have to say that this is the greatest fan podcast of all time.

Some stuff I love:

- Off the cuff interviews with fans.

- The fact that you refer to issues and page numbers of reference books.

- Music and live music interludes.

- Event coverage

- Totally stupid jokes, mainly by Gubaba.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way, but one of the best parts of the podcast for me is digressions that Renato descends into, only to ask for Gwyn's forgiveness later.

I just find that back-and-forth funny.

Anyways, thanks and keep 'em coming.

31b was wonderful-my favorite episode of any podcast ever! Did you ever go into further detail about Kawamori commenting on how you won passes to all three events? I don't think I caught it but it was mentioned early on. I'm sure I'll find it on the meany repeat listenings I am going to do over the next few days.

I am just delirious with joy at how great this episode is. It's great stuff to be listening to as I build models, although I feel unworthy given that the master has a low opinion of them!

wish I could go to that exhibit but you guys really are the next best thing to being there.

I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way, but one of the best parts of the podcast for me is digressions that Renato descends into, only to ask for Gwyn's forgiveness later.

I just find that back-and-forth funny.

Anyways, thanks and keep 'em coming.

I'm sure there's a lot more that got cut out, so I believe it's Tochiro's editing that keeps it within the realm of funny... otherwise it would just be nonsensical chaos with Macross peppered throughout.. :p

31b was wonderful-my favorite episode of any podcast ever! Did you ever go into further detail about Kawamori commenting on how you won passes to all three events? I don't think I caught it but it was mentioned early on. I'm sure I'll find it on the meany repeat listenings I am going to do over the next few days.

I am just delirious with joy at how great this episode is. It's great stuff to be listening to as I build models, although I feel unworthy given that the master has a low opinion of them!

wish I could go to that exhibit but you guys really are the next best thing to being there.

Thanks! To be sure, Tochiro was the only one who won all three. He has the (Proto)devil(n)'s luck.

When is the #1 Macross fan going to make an appearance?

Very surprised that he didn't win ANY of the Kawamori events tickets. How did Tochiro manage to get all three!?!

He'll make an appearance when he reveals that he can speak English! Actually, I don't know, we used to do interviews with fans, but not so much recently. Maybe we'll give it another go soon? I mean, this guy is super old-school and we've mostly focused on younger, and female, fans so far. It might be an interesting change of pace.

• Shawn unpinned this topic