Macross World Podcast - feedback & comments

Tochiro

Anyway, Macross 30!! It's a thing!

Let me make this perfectly clear -- if anyone is on the fence about getting this game, come off it right now and just buy it. You will not be disappointed.

Ehh, I'm the sort of person that really hates missing out on the dialogue in a game. And stuff like "weapon descriptions" in the hangar, etc. M30 has like ZERO English as far as I can tell, which is actually kinda unusual IMHO for a mecha game... (I've played plenty of imports with at least some English menus etc---Frame Gride is one of the few mecha ones I remember really having to use a lot of translation guides at my side while playing)

• 1 month later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

The problem with all of the goods is that they generally only sell them at events. There's no webstore or anything like that. And once they're gone, they're gone.

Where's Gubaba? i miss him on the forums. bring him back!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest episode is a chill-out sort of affair where we discuss garage kits with long-time forum member 'Valkyrie.'

http://www.macrossworld.com/6916/speakerpodcast-ep-17-all-that-wf/

We had a LOT of technical issues with this episode to the point that I almost scrapped it altogether. Hopefully its listenable ^^:

And coming up NEXT podcast...

post-9325-0-29905500-1413127613_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tochiro

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got to listen to the latest show. Yeah, while I could hear the weird background noise it's not a problem at all, I mean it's not distorting anything and you're all coming in clear. Except at Adrian who's mumbling half asleep at the start but I think we can understand that, we've all been there.

Btw, what is this unit that's in the page? Is that a garage kit or a prototype that's going to be released in the future? Looks real good.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 18 is UP!

http://www.macrossworld.com/speakerpodcast-ep-18-macross-world-chaos-2014/

This was recorded on a pool table in the middle of an all-you-can-drink after party.

The effect on audio quality is about what one would expect ^^;

Still, hope everyone has as much fun listening to it as we had recording it!

TheLoneWolf & Strumvogel - many thanks for the kind words!
Strumvogel - that pic is of a wonderfest kit that was sold at the event, fyi.

BTW everyone,

I'll be in Sydney for the Xmas/new Years break and thought it would be a great chance to get some fellow Aussie fans together for some podcast recording.

No solid date or location set as of yet, but am thinking sometime between Dec 27 and Jan 5.

If this works for any Australian board members, drop me a line here or PM me!

• 4 weeks later...

I'll admit that saying the two tie together really makes me want to watch them again, because I don't know that I would say that. The upcoming Orguss US release is as good an excuse as any in my book! To help you out a little: Orguss has a lot of time distortion themes in it. Parallel realities and all such stuff. As mentioned in the podcast, it drops quite a few Macross character cameos and references. There is even a recurring character that is a Millia doppleganger. The end of the story is very open ended so people like to debate it quite a bit. I need to watch Frontier again to refresh my memory... still have my import blu-ray movies to get through anyway!

If anyone here is in the Sydney area, I will be doing a podcast recording on DEC. 29 while in Australia for Xmas.

So if you wanna get in on the hot n steamy valkyrie podcastin' action, drop me a line!

(*valkyries not included, but being Sydney in summer, everyone is certainly gonna be hot)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just heard podcast 20. Good work Gubaba. I didn't really have much knowledge of the Variable Fighter Master File book series until I heard this podcast. Pretty enlightening stuff.

I'm amazed that there's 9 of these books.

I have to catch up with podcast 19. I need to find 1 hour and 48 minutes to squeeze that one in.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been watching Macross 7 again and I am about half way through the series right now. I have only watched it all the way through once before, and I really agree with Scream Man's take on it. The other day while watching the 20th or so episode I found myself wondering how many hours of Planet Dance have I listened to so far. I can't believe I am saying this, but it was a case of too much Macross.

Looking forward to part 2 for the valk discussion. Keep it up.

• Shawn unpinned this topic