Macross World Podcast - feedback & comments

Tochiro

OWow.. that's a kit bash?  Looks awesome :good: There's some really nice other works there too. The smaller VF-1S is cool, but i think the green led is a bit overwhelming to the whole piece.. i really like the display stand tho. Thanks for sharing amigo!

Edited by Bolt

• 1 month later...

Wow. I just have to say. At a glance . This Wonder Fest could be happening decades ago. (it's probably always that way).  Their still pumping out all the old favorites. Even Starship Troopers. It's nice to see the new VF-4 coming, lots of love for that bird! Love the Plamax Mirage figure, don't really care about the fuselage, lol. Also, what scale is that VF-14? 1/100? The Klang Aoshima is very cool , but a bit off putting with the little Klang  face (it seems) and the BIG Klang boobs, lol. Also, must say, the Minmay in button shirt and slippers is just awkward! OMG.. i was happy to see some Gunhead love too. Many cool and exciting things to come. Thanks again:good:

BYW.. whats this?? I really want two of them! 1FFC1F41-D84E-4781-8E6C-263251183127.jpeg.d5e9c2bd620e8afd7d09a3a021fcb1ba.jpeg

Edited by Bolt

4 hours ago, Bolt said:

Wow. I just have to say. At a glance . This Wonder Fest could be happening decades ago. (it's probably always that way).  Their still pumping out all the old favorites. Even Starship Troopers. It's nice to see the new VF-4 coming, lots of love for that bird! Love the Plamax Mirage figure, don't really care about the fuselage, lol. Also, what scale is that VF-14? 1/100? The Klang Aoshima is very cool , but a bit off putting with the little Klang  face (it seems) and the BIG Klang boobs, lol. Also, must say, the Minmay in button shirt and slippers is just awkward! OMG.. i was happy to see some Gunhead love too. Many cool and exciting things to come. Thanks again:good:

BYW.. whats this?? I really want two of them! 1FFC1F41-D84E-4781-8E6C-263251183127.jpeg.d5e9c2bd620e8afd7d09a3a021fcb1ba.jpeg

I have to admit, that impression is probably due to our own coverage bias ^^; There’s too many products to take pictures of overall and we tend to focus on the niche stuff that either we’re interested in or else think will be of interest to ppl that visit decultureshock. Wonder Festival encompasses 8 convention halls and what we cover is but a fraction of that :-)

That particular kit is a fan creation, I think. It caught my attention due to looking like a cross between Einhander and Metal Gear :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice one! Very cool. It's great to hear LEGO acknowledging Kawamori san's design work  and inspiration . I'd love for him to design an official lego product. One question. The YF-30 design has the Walkure Live!!!!!! Placard as well.. Why?

16 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Nice one! Very cool. It's great to hear LEGO acknowledging Kawamori san's design work  and inspiration . I'd love for him to design an official lego product. One question. The YF-30 design has the Walkure Live!!!!!! Placard as well.. Why?

Because the 31, which appears in Zettai Live!!!!!! is derived from the 30 - any excuse to sneak in a promotion for the new movie ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, in the last podcast when you guys are discussing about the eve of war short, something was said along the lines of Itano ¿Criticizing? the franchise in previous interviews. I remember that in another episode Gwyn was comenting con the Plus blu ray and noted how Itano was constantly cursing and complaining. Is Itano actually critic with the franchise or is it just a misunderstanding on my part?

Thanks for keeping up with the good work guys. I hope I can sometige get my hands on those extra contents, Itano bringing back the grit into macross seems something quite interesting. 

On 3/29/2020 at 6:25 AM, Heron said:

Looking forward to this!

Also when will the front page be updated? Content is 2 years old?

Hope you enjoy it!

Unfortunately the front page has been under new management for several years now so you’ll have to ask the MW admins. After discussions with the owner of MW, it was decided that our content be moved over to decultureshock.com along with the cast. Some of the bugs are still being worked out but hopefully you can find anything you’re looking for there :-)

On 4/1/2020 at 8:35 AM, Captain Global said:

Hi, in the last podcast when you guys are discussing about the eve of war short, something was said along the lines of Itano ¿Criticizing? the franchise in previous interviews. I remember that in another episode Gwyn was comenting con the Plus blu ray and noted how Itano was constantly cursing and complaining. Is Itano actually critic with the franchise or is it just a misunderstanding on my part?

Thanks for keeping up with the good work guys. I hope I can sometige get my hands on those extra contents, Itano bringing back the grit into macross seems something quite interesting. 

While Renato can speak to this better than I can, since he has worked with the man, it’s my understanding that Itano-san is very vocal whenever it comes to any criticisms he may have. He has gone on record with disagreeing with several elements of Macross though (and even declared that a 5-second cut he did for Macross Plus also almost made him swear off animating by hand ever again. Almost. ;-) 

So basic question here, what was Itano's role in the production. I know we refer to missile spam as the Itano Circus. Was he responsible for directing out the battle scenes or something? In my youth, when I was watching Robotech, I always thought that Macross had way better fighting sequences than the latter chapters... would Itano deserve credit for that?

1 hour ago, Tochiro said:

While Renato can speak to this better than I can, since he has worked with the man, it’s my understanding that Itano-san is very vocal whenever it comes to any criticisms he may have. He has gone on record with disagreeing with several elements of Macross though (and even declared that a 5-second cut he did for Macross Plus also almost made him swear off animating by hand ever again. Almost. ;-) 

I could have sworn that you guys mentioned a commentary track long ago, maybe Macross related, where he had to get bleeped out because he went into a rant about something similar.

2 hours ago, Einherjar said:

I could have sworn that you guys mentioned a commentary track long ago, maybe Macross related, where he had to get bleeped out because he went into a rant about something similar.

I think so . Iirc. He was being interviewed in Japanese (obviously) and they were using Macross gun pod effects to bleep it out. The speaker pod cast crew was being emulated, of a sort..

• 3 weeks later...

I am repeating myself at this point, but I think Save’s perspective on what happened last year in the West was turned out to be right, or at least not really worth getting overly dramatic about.  In fact, those who spent a huge part of last gloating about better hope it wasn’t real.  It’s been an embarrassing spectacle to me, or just business as usual from that side of the world.

• 2 weeks later...

This episode, Save walks us through the experience of bringing legendary character designer/animator/illustrator Tomonori Kogawa to a US con for the first time.

We also have all the latest Macross news as well as a little bit of speculation on where the new movie is at.

https://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-136-tomonori-kogawa-anime-los-angeles/

MSP136_02.jpg

Edited by Tochiro

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the podcast. I too hope something better comes of the Megazone project. Will be interesting to see how this teaser looks as well. But i take your word, it's not up to par.. Concerning the idol dollar grab .That may very well be true, but at least Megazone has an original idol character which always featured prominently in past OVA's.