Macross World Podcast - feedback & comments

Tochiro

^Thanks again for taking the time to snap these pictures and upload all of them. A lot of great work there. I only realized after a second viewing that the runners-up were a separate album, so for others who may have missed it like me, be sure to check out both.

I realized I need more Ragna in my life after this brief glimpse (I hope it's okay to share these linked photos here. Please let me know otherwise and I'll remove them):

MModelers2019_09.jpg?fit=1024,768

And I always enjoy a hangar shot, especially if there's a Tomahawk included:

MModelers2019_46.jpg?fit=1024,768

These dioramas just cement in my mind the need for someone on these boards to become a bazillionaire so that they can build a Macross theme park in the shape of City 7, with Destroids you can ride.

1 hour ago, Tochiro said:
Did a little digging into the SDF-018.
If anyone else has any information that they've come across over the years, I'd love to hear it.

http://www.decultureshock.com/the-vf-4-and-the-curious-case-of-the-sdf-018/

An interesting read, thanks for sharing. :)

I did some digging into it myself, but struck out when no artbook, magazine article, or flyer I had in my collection so much as mentioned it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 9:52 AM, Bolt said:

Any of you guys witnessing the po cluster *duck in Japan with the 1/48 DX max?

Anyone of you secure one?

(Adrian must’ve!):p

Akiba is pretty much Bandai Tamashi HQ, since they are working really close with Sofmap on releases and promotional displays. Getting one on release day shouldn't be a problem.  Plus there are still other shops like Yellow Sub, Akiba X, and Tokyo Anime Center (nobody ever checks there). The Hikaru Vf-1J lasted about a week in shops before it sold out.

Edited by Save

• 2 weeks later...

I was listening to the recent episode of the Anime World Order Podcast and was reminded about about the professional work you guys have done.  They mentioned that the Blu-Ray release for Kase-San and Morning Glories, which hasn't been licensed in the US or streaming yet, has English subtitles for international viewers.  Have you been working on other stuff since the Delta Movie?

Anime World Order Show # 173

19 hours ago, Tochiro said:

No Macross talk this episode, but here it is just in case anyone is interested.

Very entertaining hearing you guys recap.Lol!

Thanks for sharing. I would love to check out the new City Hunter sometime , if it ever comes out west.

Just a quick heads up for anyone who is interested. 

Last night, Kazutaka Miyatake mentioned that an upcoming issue of Model Graphix magazine would feature a special on Studio Nue. 

It doesn’t appear to be listed for sale anywhere yet but more info will hopefully drop soon. 

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Very entertaining, as always:hi:

You know, I would watch you guys stream your podcasts.  Twitch might be lucrative enough to offset some serving costs.  Just sayin'.

Then we could all talk smack in the concurrent chat channels. He he.

47 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

You know, I would watch you guys stream your podcasts.  Twitch might be lucrative enough to offset some serving costs.  Just sayin'.

Then we could all talk smack in the concurrent chat channels. He he.

That would be funB))

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I’d like to hear more about the new Godzilla flick . How was The King of Monsters received in his home land..?

That would be a nice topic to cover.  I'm also curious, how interested in Godzilla is the average Japanese youth or adult?

Obviously most of us here on these forums are geeks and fans to some degree or another, but is it only fans that are into big monster movies over there?

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, I really do hope a video is produced from the Crossover Live that somehow us in the west can get a hold of.

UPDATE:  What Adrian said about In-n-Out, that's some BS.

Edited by Mazinger

On 3/25/2019 at 4:14 PM, Tochiro said:

No problem. That Ragna piece was actually really detailed. All the main Delta characters were represented except for (as Save pointed out to me) Q-lulu.

There was one other entry I didn’t get photos of but posted a movie of it here ↓

BTW. This is a very cool diorama. Quite dynamic and well deserving of first (?..)place:good:

Edited by Bolt

• 2 weeks later...