Macross World Podcast - feedback & comments

Tochiro

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2018 at 6:59 PM, Tochiro said:

Just finished listening to the most recent SpeakerPodcast. Thanks for all the additional concert details.

Curious as to why the creators/producers of the show wouldn't continue with Delta instead of creating a new series, especially considering the popularity of Walkure? Seems like there's an opportunity to continue the series at this point, although some may be looking forward to something new/different.

Perhaps, as you guys indicate in the Podcast, Wakure's idol fans don't necessarily cross over to Delta (which is peculiar). It will definitely be interesting to see where Macross goes from here, especially because of Walkure's popularity.

Thanks again, and as always...looking forward to future Podcasts.

On 3/25/2018 at 2:53 AM, Tochiro said:

Episode 105 is up and covers a recent official fan club event, the Macross the First reboot, and some Yoshiki Fukuyama gigs.
Please excuse the background noise on this one ^^;
http://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-105-deltama-mission-3-3/

The change of the Official Fan Club name is telling indeed, although I guess it really is no great surprise. The Delta is dead, long live the Walkure. 

As mentioned, it will be interesting to see how the Delta series and Passionate Walkure are perceived by future fans, without the concerts and ancillary events & materials (as something new to anticipate/experience). Time will tell...

Thanks to Renato for the explanation of Honne, Tatemae, and Hadaka no Tsukiai. :)

Also, always great to hear Karice's point of view as someone who clearly appreciates Anime but is not as steeped in Macross miscellany.

Time for an all new episode of the SpeakerPODcast!

The Crew analyses the original painting of one of the most iconic illustrations in Macross history and Renato makes his singing debut - but will he survive to tell the tale? Will the event?

Also, why is the voice actor for Hibiki from Macross 2 singing Orguss?

All this, plus Southern Cross smackdowns and Steven Seagal - because no podcast can ever have enough Steven Seagal.

(Theres also multiple galleries of photos attached to this cast, from both events, so be sure to check them out!)

http://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-106-wont-someone-listen-to-renatos-soul/

MSP106_a21.thumb.jpg.c61081ba4fd33fd151b0f0a39668e4c7.jpg

Sounded like you guys were having a lot of fun this episode (or maybe it's something in the Tokyo spring air). A lot more conversational, but really enjoyed listening in on this one.

Thanks for all the details about the Noriyoshi Ohrai exhibit as well. Clearly had an impact on all of you.

MSP106_a54.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 7:48 AM, Tochiro said:

This episode - Ready Player One, Shoji Kawamori's Juushinki Pandora, and all the latest bluray and Uta Macross news!
http://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-107-ready-pandora-one/

MSP107_4.png.63b16b6eaa9bce8c3215d216fa98dea9.png

SpeakerPodcast is back!

*And congratulations to Creative Sphere on the English Translation job for Passionate Wakure. Keep up the great work guys!

Edited by RDX17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This episode - you've heard his voice before but this episode we finally let Tony tell his Macross story.
We also drop by a talkshow by SDF-1 designer Kazutaka Miyatake and ask him about his work on Macross Delta.
Theres timestamps in the link for anyone that wants to skip to a particular topic.
If you have any comments or feedback, drop us a line!

MSP110_00.jpg.ca034a9c4543589e61e0c57a698318f6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only 30 minutes in, but it's been quite a listen so far...

"The SpeakerPODcast Crew is back from Wonder Festival 2018 Summer.

In a word, it was MOSPEADASTIC! So many Mospeada toys and kits. And of course, we’re here to talk all about it this episode. Hope you guys like your toys, because we talk about a lot of them!

First, though, we need to catch up on all the recent Macross news and announcements – and there’s a lot to discuss!"

http://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-111-wonder-festival-2018-summer/

MSP111_00.png

Hey, I recently discovered podcasts being served up by Spotify (which I'm a subscriber to).

I'm not sure what's entailed with uploading to Spotify, but could you guys look into it?

It makes it super easy to listen and continue listening on all my devices in a synchronized manner.

Anyways, thanks as always.

Hey there guys! Here at SpeakerPODcast HQ, we are (finally!) putting the finishing touches on our listener submissions cast about what people would like to see in the next Macross. But there's still room for a few more people! Got opinions?  Ideas? Able to speak into your PC or phone? Then let me know!

The deadline for submissions is the end of this month. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that I think about it, with all of the events that have come and gone on during the year of Macross, I don’t remember hearing anywhere online so far how the powers that be were going to top it all off at the end.  Granted, they are loosely following everything that was announced at the beginning, but with less than 3 months left any of you on the podcast wonder about that?

I don't know.  That new animated footage that was previewed at a couple of events you guys went to.

Edited by Einherjar

This episode we sit down in the aftermath of Sunday’s Walkure Premium Live Event to discuss the new Macross Delta movie and Crossover Live announcements and what actually happened at the event. 

(Scroll down for set list and photos of Roid’s nefarious food truck).

http://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-115-no-betray-no-stop/

2923AF8C-8367-4C45-AFAF-751B6501567F.thumb.jpeg.377189e34b2124a2314c573d8f437dee.jpeg

Edited by Tochiro

• 4 weeks later...