A short film made by Miyazaki, Anno, Higuchi called "The God Warri

From July 10, in Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo, an exhibition of special effects is held. And a short film "The God Warriors appear in Tokyo (巨神兵東京に現わる)" will be on. The god warrior is kyoshinhei(巨神兵) in "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (Kaze no tani no Naushika)" and the stuffs are amazing.

Responsible for the planning: Hideaki Anno

Responsible for the god warrior: Hayao Miyazaki

Director: Shinji Higuchi

Wow, I can't wait for watching it.

http://www.khara.co..../05/000220.html

Edited by antibiotictab

That sounds fantastic. I dream of a day when I'll actually be able to see (or even buy on DVD) all of the short films that are currently entombed in the Ghibli museum.

I thought they weren't available anywhere else other than the Museum? I could be wrong. When I went there I saw the one where the girl goes for a walk to a little house, and there were all these strange creatures around, I can't remember much of it. Perhaps it was the Valley of the Winds Brewery Beer I had afterwards....

Edited by PetarB

I thought they weren't available anywhere else other than the Museum? I could be wrong. When I went there I saw the one where the girl goes for a walk to a little house, and there were all these strange creatures around, I can't remember much of it. Perhaps it was the Valley of the Winds Brewery Beer I had afterwards....

They're not, which is why I said "I dream of a day when..." :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Evangelion: 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone was aired about 3 hours ago in Japan. And a news was revealed. This God warrior short movie is also screened with Eva:Q.

I watched this a few weeks ago, and it is incredible. No CG, it's all composite using various tokusatsu techniques. If they release this on DVD then it has to feature the "making of" recordings which they also showed at the museum, because that is the only way you can really appreciate the innovation that went into its production.