Resin SDF 1, TV Version

Jefuemon

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone ever thought of, or taken a Matchbox SDF-1 and modified the proportions, to maybe make it into a resin kit? Is it close to 1:3000 scale? I have only seen/have the resin kits of the DYRL version in Cruiser and Storm Attacker, and they're maybe 1:5000-ish. A proportional TV version would be nice.

I have the ARII/IMAI 1/5000 cruiser and attacker kits. The attacker is just awful. I've been considering molding pieces like the legs and booms from the cruiser to make it look better. I do, however, have way too many things on my bench as it is, and little time to work there. So those projects are down the line some ways.

It looks a bit stylized. It reminds me of paintings of the Macross as seen on old 1980s Menko cards and Ohsato product packaging.

post-1561-0-60287400-1338498975_thumb.jpg

Edited by AcroRay

@kelsain: I have both of the 1:5000 injection kits (original and Robotech labels), and you're right about the Storm Attacker version, very poor styling/molding. In the Super Plastic Model Manual No.1 ('85?), they show a Storm Attacker version with the carriers from the cruiser kits and other detail parts like the guns. It looks a lot better.

I'd like to have an accurate 1:3000 TV version.

• 2 months later...

Once painted, it does not look that bad.

However, it made me think of (hopefully) an inevitable Yamato SDF-1 TV release....

If it were to be produced by Yamato....would you prefer it to be painted with the bright colors from the show...or the more subdued, yet similar colors as were used in the painted kit in that auction?

Hmmmmmm........ :unsure:

...and I wish one of our talented sculptors would make a 1/3000 scale Prometheus and Daedelus to connect to our DYRL SDF-1's (for a MtF version).......Yamato seems to be dragging their feet!