Save

1/144 VA-1SS Metal Siren Kit

32 posts in this topic

Yeah... gotta say, fighters smaller than 1/72 just don't grab my interest anymore.

I can't read japanese... :(

Is there an estimated price for them?

¥39,000 for a teeny tiny 1/144? i wouldn't be half-surprised...

Edited by Shaorin

Whooo! Pricey but it does look nice. - MT

I can't read japanese... :(

Is there an estimated price for them?

Site says 4,000 yen.

Which Gundam series does it belong to? :p

post-12283-0-08231400-1335852691_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-82970500-1335852707_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-15045100-1335852722_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-81055700-1335852729_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-48373200-1335852745_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-00381700-1335852757_thumb.jpg

Very true. It does have that look.

4.000 yen for that scale, hmm. I think I'll pass for now.

Never liked its fighter mode looks but that's a pretty neat kit.

Site says 4,000 yen.

that's more reasonable. still a Fugly bird, IMO...

Edited by Shaorin

I want one..!! can U get me one too ...pleeeease..?

that's more reasonable. still a Fugly bird, IMO...

Fighter looks way better without that huge Lance attached to the front. Battroid is awesome!!

Fighter looks way better without that huge Lance attached to the front. Battroid is awesome!!

Is it?

Is it?

Here judge for yourself(courtesy of the Macross Mecha Manual):

Edited to remove the hotlink.

post-8218-0-52734200-1335946269_thumb.gif

Edited by raptormesh

I never noticed this before but that weird "scissor tail" on the back of the fighter is just there to cover the arms from above.

That Scissor tail would be a lot less weird if it was changed to be the forearm shield (like on every Kawamori design since the 11) which would do two things. Keep the fighter looking like a fighter and not some retarded space age hornet-nosed thing and would make the Battroid more in line with other Macross Valks because it would have a proper forearm shield. While it still have the derivative VF-1 transformation in Battroid it has the wings folded back like the 25 and would bring it far more in line with what Kawamori has designed now.

Edited by Mommar

Naw the head just does what most robot heads do. Makes it look not headless.

I don't know if it needs to brought closer in line with Kawamori Valkyires, but the scissor tail is such a weird addition to fix a problem that might not have needed addressing. It's clearly meant to be a Super Valkyrie with built in parts so the need to cover the arms isn't a priority.

I want one..!! can U get me one too ...pleeeease..?

i dunno... $50+shipping is an awful lot for a singularly ugly Valk kit that don't even transform...

Edited by Shaorin

Is it?

I think it is. Metal Siren is far from the best Valkyrie designed, but I Like and the Battroid is its best mode IMO.

post-6180-0-54558100-1335981036_thumb.gif

post-6180-0-35738800-1335981041_thumb.gif

It's good to see the Metal Siren get some more attention, especially with the today's sculpting technology.

But 1/144 isn't my sorta scale. Built a few 1/144 kits back in the day and it was just too small for me.

It's good to see the Metal Siren get some more attention, especially with the today's sculpting technology.

But 1/144 isn't my sorta scale. Built a few 1/144 kits back in the day and it was just too small for me.

Agreed, 1/144 is just way to small. If it were at least 1/72 I might go for it.... 1/48 and its a complete sale!!

Agreed, 1/144 is just way to small. If it were at least 1/72 I might go for it.... 1/48 and its a complete sale!!

Yeah you'd think for a valk with so many moving parts and detail they would go for a bigger scale.

I could have sworn I thought someone said a 1/72 version will be available for Christmas

Already up for auction.

I've seen a lot of this guy's auctions, and he always offers at double the price as the kit was sold for.

Edited by Jefuemon

I could have sworn I thought someone said a 1/72 version will be available for Christmas

Yes you heard right. We talked to the guy who made the kit and he originally wanted to make it 1/72 scale but figured it wouldn't sell so he went with a smaller scale; which sold out. He already has something else planned for Wonder Festival but said he should have the 1/72 scale ready for Treasure Festa in December.

Another kit circle said somebody else is doing a resin kit of the Gloria as well.