Macross Dynamite 7, 15th Anniversary Campaign Announced

Tochiro

A promotional video playing at the Macross THE DESIGN exhibit at Shibuya Parco has revealed a few details about the upcoming 15th anniversary of Macross 7.

1) Macross 7 bluray release (previously announced. No new details)

2) A Fire Bomber concert (details tba)

3) Ozuma Meets Fire Bomber - Macross FB 7 (tentative title. No details announced yet so we don't know if this is a manga, anime, event or something else entirely)

Will double check the exact year when I next drop by Parco. Having said that, I find it strange that they would announce 20th anniversary events so early. Its also strange that none of the Japanese sites I follow have reported on this.

But more Fire Bomber concerts can only be a good thing :-)

It's the 18th, Macross 7 came out in '94

This I know, but the sign definitely said either 15th or 20th. They may be fudging the numbers to piggy back on the 30th hype train. Will confirm during the week.

EDIT: Mystery solved! These events are for the 15th Anniversary of Macross 7 Dynamite!!! Sorry for the confusion.

Mods, could you please correct the thread title accordingly.

Edited by Tochiro

They are celebrating the 15th anniversary of the Macross 7 Dynamite OVA from 1997, not the 1994 series.

Yeah. We know that now. We didn't know that when Tochiro first posted the news, hence all the back-and-forth and head-scratching for a few posts.

Photographic evidence at last :-)

http://www.macrosswo...ects-confirmed/

>Hopefully its not an Ozuma Sings Fire Bomber tribute album.

Have you heard Macross F drama CD ”Nyan-Dra” vol.3? Ozuma,Cathy, and Bobby sang "Totsugeki Love Heart." together.

Ozuma's singing voice was very good. Konishi-san plays his role very very well.

Edited by antibiotictab

I'm still saving up money for the original series on Blu-ray. Guess I'll go straight into saving money for this one right after that. I wonder if it'll contain everything (series, OVA, movie) or if they'll release things separately.

I'm still saving up money for the original series on Blu-ray. Guess I'll go straight into saving money for this one right after that. I wonder if it'll contain everything (series, OVA, movie) or if they'll release things separately.

The DVD release put everything together...I'm sure the BD version will follow suit.