"I sat on my valk" Club.

raptormesh

So...I just sat on my YF-19 in fighter mode. I have a bad habit of placing my valks on my bed after i'm done transforming or swooshing them around. I then forgot I have a $150 worth of plastic bits held together by spiritia lying about the bed and unceremoniously crash land on them with my behind. The horrible "CRUNCH" sound valks make when being squished isn't very pleasant I found. Six months ago, I landed squarely on my VF-22, also in fighter mode.

Now i'm pretty light, about 63kgs so this probably why both valks survived without a scratch. Joints were popped, "NOOOOO"s were yelled but ultimately the valks got through wonderfully, without negative effect ie the joints are still solid etc. This is why I love them.

Has anybody else done this or worse? I rather hope this would be a lonely club as it would be bad form to keep sitting on one's valks.

Haha!! This is funny! I don't experience with any land crash of my Valk toy so far coz I'm kinda extreme careful person. But I got more than 10 pieces of sticker missing in action when I was trying to do the marking application, haha! I'm about 76kg..so have to be cautious in every moment..lol

So...I just sat on my YF-19 in fighter mode. I have a bad habit of placing my valks on my bed after i'm done transforming or swooshing them around. I then forgot I have a $150 worth of plastic bits held together by spiritia lying about the bed and unceremoniously crash land on them with my behind. The horrible "CRUNCH" sound valks make when being squished isn't very pleasant I found. Six months ago, I landed squarely on my VF-22, also in fighter mode.

Now i'm pretty light, about 63kgs so this probably why both valks survived without a scratch. Joints were popped, "NOOOOO"s were yelled but ultimately the valks got through wonderfully, without negative effect ie the joints are still solid etc. This is why I love them.

Has anybody else done this or worse? I rather hope this would be a lonely club as it would be bad form to keep sitting on one's valks.

Best post I've read in a while....

This is funny. I've never sat on a valk, but I have nearly stepped on one, and I have knocked them off the shelf. The nose of my YF-21 was sticking pretty far out from the shelf, and as I was passing by, my shoulder knocked it, and it fell off the flight pose stand and basically tumbled into everything else. I watched an entire shelf of valks collapse on top of each other. Luckily nothing was damaged, but still, scary.

Yeah, but how is he in bed? :ph34r: I mean YF-19

Seductive, but to the point.

This is funny. I've never sat on a valk, but I have nearly stepped on one, and I have knocked them off the shelf. The nose of my YF-21 was sticking pretty far out from the shelf, and as I was passing by, my shoulder knocked it, and it fell off the flight pose stand and basically tumbled into everything else. I watched an entire shelf of valks collapse on top of each other. Luckily nothing was damaged, but still, scary.

They're pretty hardy huh? The only damage to my valks so far is internal from exploding shoulders.

... is this anything like when my Mom used to tell me stories of people breaking their old vinyl recordings because someone would leave them on a chair and people would sit on them?

The recordings would have survived if they could transform. The joints help disperse the downward force.

I always wonder how do Zentradi and human/micron live together on Frontier without lots of crushing accidents.

Only valk incident I remember is a shelf dive of my VF-4 - the 1/250 not the future Yamato - and it's left wing is currently hiding somewhere in my room. I recommend gluing the parts of the 1/250 (especially the wave 1) before putting them up.

Recently when moving my detolfs around in the house, I swear I handled each toy like they were coated in uranium... thankfully no disheartening crunching sounds occurred. My 1/48 Stealth recently pulled a suicide self-crunch attempt in fighter mode in my case that I heard from across the house; it's on time out in battroid mode from now on because of that. Seriously, I love that valk, but its the most damn frustrating thing to handle in my display by far. I've come really close to super gluing the super parts and missiles to that bastard permanently a few times... lol

outside of a couple of tumbles of my 1/60v.1 YF-19

from being bumped off the shelf from some random carelessness, no problems at all. it has survived thus far with no damage suffered...

The only thing I have to worry about is my 4 yr old. I've come home and seen her sitting in front of my collection and just staring at them. It's cool that she's interested but it makes me nervous because I have no idea what's going through her head.

The only thing I have to worry about is my 4 yr old. I've come home and seen her sitting in front of my collection and just staring at them. It's cool that she's interested but it makes me nervous because I have no idea what's going through her head.

:lol: Good luck with that!

"So you say you fell directly onto your YF-21 in fighter mode... " *Doctor holds up and looks at the X-Ray* "How on earth did it wind up in battroid?"

"It was a million to one shot Doc, One in a million" Feticcini Jerry!!! (I think comes to mind)

Edited by Kicker773

Ah happened to me once. I was dusting the entertainig center in my room (old piece of furniture I have the tv on) and put the valk on my bed, I sat for a moment and 'crunch' the front landing gear collapsed but nothing bad happened.

Another time the damn cat threw it (the same valk in gerwalk mode this time) from where it was. The valk hit a lower shelf then the floor but when I picked it up the toy was still in one piece. Apparently the 1/48's are sturdier that they look/feel.

"So you say you fell directly onto your YF-21 in fighter mode... " *Doctor holds up and looks at the X-Ray* "How on earth did it wind up in battroid?"

Lol, well it seems like most of you gents know how to handle your valks with care and love. My wife hates it when I put my "toys" on the bed. The time I sat on my Gamlin? Worst timing ever, because we were getting a little frisky when it happened and well, I found out that moans of the grief and panic for a toy reeeeeeally turns a woman off. Needless to say, no more moans that evening. <_<

SO KIDS: Don't put valks on beds when you have female company over. Heck, don't put valks on beds/couches/chairs/stools/bathtubs/toiletseats in any situation.

Edited by raptormesh

Lol, well it seems like most of you gents know how to handle your valks with care and love. My wife hates it when I put my "toys" on the bed. The time I sat on my Gamlin? Worst timing ever, because we were getting a little frisky when it happened and well, I found out that moans of the grief and panic for a toy reeeeeeally turns a woman off. Needless to say, no more moans that evening. <_<

Small price to pay for saving a valk.

Dropped them, had them fall off shelves, thrown them at walls, hit them with a rolling pin (well, that was my son actually when he was 3), but I've never sat on them.

Graham

Please elaborate on this "thrown into a wall" story.

Please elaborate on this "thrown into a wall" story.

I'm gonna say it was Grahams YF-29, don't remember him being to thrilled with that Valk!

I've never sat on one my Valk's either... came close once. But have had a few take a nose dive over the years of a shelf,

I think I stepped on my VF-22 once. Not a scratch. Also, a strong breeze blew the curtain quite high once, knocking the FP & Foldildo-equipped YF-19 flying off the shelf and reaching atmospheric service ceiling, then making a seventeen-point landing, since that's around how many pieces it shattered into. Everything popped back on with no scratches or issues. I may be rough with my valks at times, but I think I've never actually broken one -- virtually all of my many, MANY breakages/issues have been right out of the box.