"I sat on my valk" Club.

raptormesh

25G tornado tipped over with a dresser with those stupid easily sliding open drawers. Once one of the drawers open it slowly tips the dresser till more open then the whole thing falls. It fell onto the carpet and broke the wing off right at the root. The dresser didn't survive that one either.....

Actually that's not too surprising, I threw my VF100 VF-25S at the wall once.

Why do I picture that scene in from the flubber movie where the big glob hit the floor, and all the little bits split off, and ran around going "WHEEEE!!"?

Musical number optional, but it should include Yakety Sax.

Why do I picture that scene in from the flubber movie where the big glob hit the floor, and all the little bits split off, and ran around going "WHEEEE!!"?

Lol! That made my day. I'm still hunting for the pieces, but not very motivated. Perhaps I could reconstruct it to sit on it. Accidentally.

Edit: I kinda pictured the exploding pieces to this song

Edited by raptormesh

• 2 weeks later...

You know I pretty much completely forgot about the movie Flubber until you brought it up just now. Thanks. :p

So I got my VF-1D in today and......

VF-1DBroke.jpg

FML....The little tab on the left leg either broke or was broke when it was made. I am not a happy camper right now.

Edited by Benson13

Man that sucks. Can you send it back for a replacement?

I guess I could but I don't think it's worth the hassle of sending it back to Hong Kong.

I haven't transformed my VF-1's in so long, I can't even remember what purpose that tab serves.

I think that tab is used to connect the leg to the dorsal section of the plane in fighter mode.

Anyways, that really sucks dude. I remember getting my first VF-1 (and my first macross toy ever) and having the back hinge joint break on my second transformation. I was not a happy camper either....

honestly, I think it'll be fine without that one tab. Even in gerwalk, that tab is only one of three different ways the legs are secured in place (the tab, the square peg on the back of the intake, and the c-clip that grips the hip bar). I'm pretty sure it'll still pose/transform/hold itself together normally if you take a little extra care when handling it.

I'm just miffed because it's my first 1/60 and it's first transformation. Oh well, it's in the pose that it's going to stay in and hopefully nothing else happens.

So I got my VF-1D in today and......

VF-1DBroke.jpg

FML....The little tab on the left leg either broke or was broke when it was made. I am not a happy camper right now.

VF-1SFocker1-60vIIJOHN-5-17-12.jpg

as can be seen in the photo above, one of those tabs just broke on my most recent acquisition 1st Ed. Focker 1S.

i went ahead and X-ACTOed the other off, for symmetry's sake, if nothing else.

ain't the end of the world... just wish it would've held it's integrity, as both tabs on my Hikaru 1J TV

have managed to hold firm to this day, after three/four years of ownership, and COUNTLESS transformations...

it helps keep the intake in place for gerwalk mode

and they work damned well, at that, actually.

they just seem to be conditionally fragile; probably when the owner attempts transformation quickly and brusquely,

without careful and special attention made to disengaging the intake sections from the chestplate section

slowly and carefully, with those tabs in mind all the while...

Edited by Shaorin

• 4 weeks later...

Please elaborate on this "thrown into a wall" story.

IIRC, it was long time ago, when comparing the revoltech vs yamato's counterpart... The phrase "... yes, I can be brutal sometimes..." is still in my head since then.

I can barely remember something related to poseability and joint durability and by the next paragraph, a yf-21 was torn to pieces against a wall. :ph34r: Poor semi-valk thing.

This was the reason why I've never bought yf-19 and 21's revoltech.

Pushing the legs inward would dislodge those tabs very well out of the way when transforming from Fighter to Gerwalk/Battroid. Those leg tabs did scare me at times since I like to have them placed behind those four smaller tabs underneath the plane's nose when standing the Battroid straight up.

IIRC, it was long time ago, when comparing the revoltech vs yamato's counterpart... The phrase "... yes, I can be brutal sometimes..." is still in my head since then.

I can barely remember something related to poseability and joint durability and by the next paragraph, a yf-21 was torn to pieces against a wall. :ph34r: Poor semi-valk thing.

This was the reason why I've never bought yf-19 and 21's revoltech.

if this is the same story, I remember it being because this certain someone couldn't figure out how to transform his 1/60 yf-21 properly, got frustrated, and threw it against a wall...

I think it spoke more of what type of person he is than the quality of the toy, imo.

if this is the same story, I remember it being because this certain someone couldn't figure out how to transform his 1/60 yf-21 properly, got frustrated, and threw it against a wall...

I think it spoke more of what type of person he is than the quality of the toy, imo.

Let me make myself a little clearer: when I said

"I can barely remember something related to poseability and joint durability and by the next paragraph, a yf-21 was torn to pieces against a wall. :ph34r: Poor semi-valk thing."

I really meant:

"I can barely remember something related to poseability and joint durability and by the next paragraph, a revoltech yf-21 was torn to pieces against a wall. :ph34r: Poor semi-valk thing."

I don't remember, in the years I've been lurking around (like 11yr or so), Graham actually breaking a Yamato valk (other than QC issues, like "damn tab B" syndrome for the old 1/72 yf-19).

And please do not kill the messenger nor use him in your private wars... prettyprettyplease... I haven't said the omega pants thing for a loooong time...

Regards,

Manu

I don't remember the specific revoltech throwing incident you're talking about, but I know Graham has mentioned that he threw all of his revoltech's in the trash at one point.

Eugimon is talking about a completely different person who threw his $200 toy at a wall in a comedic fit of rage.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this counts as being part of this club but my place burnt up yesterday. So far without touching anything in my place these are the valks that got hurt in plain site. Couldnt find my comic con regult and my 1/48 Kakizaki. All the rest of my collection was safe in my closet.

post-14093-0-52269900-1341929170_thumb.jpg

post-14093-0-91683500-1341929189_thumb.jpg

post-14093-0-46620400-1341929210_thumb.jpg

post-14093-0-69215500-1341929230_thumb.jpg

post-14093-0-34098000-1341929268_thumb.jpg

post-14093-0-65610900-1341929303_thumb.jpg

I'm glad you and your family are ok. Fires suck. A town I used to live in caught quite a bit of nasty in those big Colorado fires that have been in the news lately. However, good news is with all the pics us Macross fans take of our stuff you can use those to file your insurance claim and get new ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a Valkyrie, but I did sit on the only Toynami battlepod I have ever been able to find locally - and on the day I brought it home.

I should have been aware of what one of the little darlings was doing.

It is a tougher thing than it looks, but not strong enough to survive two bears wrestling in a bin-bag descending upon it.

So I just had an accident today. While trying to pull out the shoulder pauldrons of my VF-19Kai, the shoulder suddenly flew out and there was a broken hinge joint.

th_IMG_4225.jpg

The broken piece was still there but I couldn't glue it together since it's a very small piece. The shoulder still sticks to the hinge a little and sits flush even in fighter, but of course an attempt at transformation would see it popping off. Then again, I didn't seem to be that bothered since I've had so much of them popping shoulder pauldrons on the YF-29. I think it's better to pry off these shoulders using a screwdriver than using the force of the hands. At least I've got a better precaution when I get the other 19 variants.

I guess it's about time I get a second VF-19Kai since this one might be for permanent Fighter display. I did plan on getting a second Kai after all, it's just I kept putting it off due to the 30th anniversary reissues.

Edited by kamadoma