Super-Scale Robotech VF-1 Veritech statue

VF-0S FAN

Hello :D

Is anyone lucky and wealthy enough to own one or all of those suckers ? :p

:o:unsure::blink::(

I did not know all that ( perhaps cos I live so far...). So you mean that Toynami managed to sell some of them at 3000 $ in spite of their poor quality ?

ok I gonna buy an army of 30 "1/48 yammies" instead of 1 superscale :p:lol:

From all of the reports I've read, here are the major flaws of the Super-Scale Veritechs:

- Paint overspray.

- Panel lines drawn with a Sharpie marker while the draft lines remain unerased.

- Poor packaging. One customer complained that when his Veritech arrived, one of the head lasers was broken off.

If I had the bling? Hell yeah I'd git me a purrty little Berrytek :p.

this was taken @ Comic-con 2k2

bigvalk1.jpg

BS!!!!!!!!

My bling would go to a Perfect Grade Zaku. More detail, hands that can hold a Rifle, Heat Hawk and then some :lol:. I seen it at Metreon and it looks pretty sweet!

~G25

If I had the money to waste on one of those I would get a couple sets of the Yamato pilot helmet/torso harness, and modify at least one of them into something I could use while actually flying, with communications gear and circulation hardware. Man that would be bad ass to climb out of an aerobat wearing that. Ok, scratch that, one set and then use the rest to get an accurate pilot suit made to go with it, now that would be bad ass to climb out an aerobatic plane in. Maybe a custom painted Berkut or Long-EZ painted to look like Hikaru's fan racer.

I think the main purpose for these suckers were for displaying at stores and other public places, but still, for $3000, they could have build, designed, and sculpted much more realistically and accurately.

In regards to the VF-1S that came with the broken lasers, I think I recall that Toynami refused to repair or replace the damaged "figure"... <_<

I'm still trying to convince my Chief that our entire department should switch over to Stormtrooper armor!

:p

Just as long as you don't plan on getting out of your cruiser. Take it from me, that stuff is ok to walk around in but sitting is not an option. :unsure:

I'm still trying to convince my Chief that our entire department should switch over to Stormtrooper armor!

Just as long as you don't plan on getting out of your cruiser. Take it from me, that stuff is ok to walk around in but sitting is not an option. :unsure:

Neither is taking a leak really an option once the armor is on... :lol:

Neither is taking a leak really an option once the armor is on... :lol:

Wait, you can still go to the can with the armor on, this guy did...

post-26-1061859186_thumb.jpg

I agree. For that amount of money the thing should be insanely detailed; also should have working lights and talk while we are at it to justify $3000 price tag. A complete waste of money in my opinion. Would much rather spend the money on other, more important things like buying $3000 worth of Yamatos, candy, getting my driveway paved, or hitting a nice strip club with my friends. :D

Edited by Effect

• 14 years later...