yamato vf-1s tv and movie difference?

t040484

i need to decide between vf-1s tv or movie version

but i don't know what the difference between the 2 versions are

i tried to look from macross mecha manual, it seems like the difference are the hands design.

but is there any difference in the actual toys? marking or paint perhaps?

anyone that knows, please give me suggestion i need to make this decision before the item sold out.

thanks

ALL THE TV Versions should have been the off white/gray, NOT bright white! ARG

They are military vehicles aren't they??? Having said that, I only collect TV, but I can wish can't I?

Seeing them side by side, the DYRL is sooo much better. If you do not have a preference GO DYRL!

Just don't plan to display it next to a TV version valk (1J or 1A) that has bright white on your shelf later on...

ALL THE TV Versions should have been the off white/gray, NOT bright white! ARG

They are military vehicles aren't they??? Having said that, I only collect TV, but I can wish can't I?

Seeing them side by side, the DYRL is sooo much better. If you do not have a preference GO DYRL!

Just don't plan to display it next to a TV version valk (1J or 1A) that has bright white on your shelf later on...

I disagree completely. I love the TV valks cuz of how bright the white is. It's so striking and the contrast between the white and the other colours is nice. The DYRL valks on the other hand look kind of dull (but still good). But the only DYRL valk I have is Hikaru's 1A and all the other valks I get will be TV versions (unless I manage to get my hands on a VT-1).

ok, so there is quite a lot of difference then.

my plan was to get tv version, since it is cheaper

but i will have to go for the movie version i guess.

That's probably a good idea since YAMATO has yet to do another re-issue of the DYRL version. It's kinda hard to find one right now for a decent price.

Also, there's the lifetime of the plastic to consider. That bright white will be much more prone to yellowing than the DYRL color. My Hikaru 1J has spent nearly its entire life out of the sunlight, but you can still tell the white isn't as bright as it was out of the box anymore.

I disagree completely. I love the TV valks cuz of how bright the white is. It's so striking and the contrast between the white and the other colours is nice. The DYRL valks on the other hand look kind of dull (but still good). But the only DYRL valk I have is Hikaru's 1A and all the other valks I get will be TV versions (unless I manage to get my hands on a VT-1).

As I said, I buy and collect the TV series, so I must not mind it too much.

But as I also said - these are military weapons, bright white is not only unrealistic, it borders on dorky...

As I said, I buy and collect the TV series, so I must not mind it too much.

But as I also said - these are military weapons, bright white is not only unrealistic, it borders on dorky...

They're not making toys of potential real world aircraft here. They're making the toys look as close to their animation counterparts as possible. So they're bright white, like on the show.

Course, if we go by how the old ideas of THE FUTURE! were, everything from about 1990 onwards should only be available in chrome. :p

Macross is already stretching common military practice by giving practically everyone a custom paint scheme, but the ironic part.. Usually the only bright white aircraft are either trainers, or test aircraft. Yet, in the Macross universe, the test model VF-1 is actually one of the few relatively low-vis schemes. :lol:

It's just one of those things you have to accept I guess. The bright white is very eye-catching after all, but I just wish it wouldn't be so prone to yellowing.

You also have to consider with the DYRL if you want Hikaru's red VF 1S, Roy's yellow VF 1S, or Max's blue VF 1S. I have the "plus" edition of Hikaru's and Roy's and I highly recommend these if you have the opportunity to get one at a decent price. I am currently searching ebay for a new Max's VF 1S at a reasonable price, such as $120 or $130 shipping included (I am not counting on that though, but I can still hope).

If you don't want the hassel of spending a lot of money for a VF 1S, then I suggest Roy's TV version and HobbyLink Japan is currently having a sale on it.

You also have to consider with the DYRL if you want Hikaru's red VF 1S, Roy's yellow VF 1S, or Max's blue VF 1S. I have the "plus" edition of Hikaru's and Roy's and I highly recommend these if you have the opportunity to get one at a decent price. I am currently searching ebay for a new Max's VF 1S at a reasonable price, such as $120 or $130 shipping included (I am not counting on that though, but I can still hope).

If you don't want the hassel of spending a lot of money for a VF 1S, then I suggest Roy's TV version and HobbyLink Japan is currently having a sale on it.

hmmm, thanks for the hlj tip.

btw if you also searching on ebay, then we might get into a bid wars LOL

go easy on me man ok

i've got a 1S Focker 1/60v.II DYRL headed my way, i guess it'll contrast quite a bit with my 1J Hik T.V.

i don't think i'll mind much, though; as "DarrinG" has asserted; it's really much more "Realistic"

and most every depiction of the Focker 1S i've ever seen growing up (mostly model box art)

portrays it in a very light gray/off-white anyway, so i'll likely be coming off as most sentimental to me...

Also, there's the lifetime of the plastic to consider. That bright white will be much more prone to yellowing than the DYRL color. My Hikaru 1J has spent nearly its entire life out of the sunlight, but you can still tell the white isn't as bright as it was out of the box anymore.

Same thing goes to my TV Super 1S Hikaru..it just not as bright as it got out of the tray..:( The SUPER white color is a bit off for me though, just don't like it that much..

Same thing goes to my TV Super 1S Hikaru..it just not as bright as it got out of the tray.. :( The SUPER white color is a bit off for me though, just don't like it that much..

i rather like it on the Hikaru 1J T.V. actually.

to me, it conveys and harkens back to the general look/feel of NASA hardware, of which i recall hearing once that Kawamori-san was keenly interested,

back in his college days, in getting on as an aeronautical engineer for NASA-type applications. since no such thing had existed in Japan, at least at the time,

he was basically forced, as i understand, to turning to mechanical design work for the Anime industry, as there were few, if any alternatives open to him at the time.

if this is all really true, then it would most certainly explain, amongst other things, the obvious close similarity between the color scheme of Hikaru Ichijo's T.V. VF-1J

and that of the NASA SPACE SHUTTLE Spacesuit. much more than mere coincidence, i am quite willing to suspect...

DSCF2338.jpg

AstronautAyekaMasaki4-27-12.jpg

Edited by Shaorin