After almost 4 years of planning and delays, my very own Super Hero comic project came into fruition today. I proudly present you...

7110091157_a265d97baf_b.jpg

The Chinese people now finally have their very own legitmiate Super Hero! The book is written by yours truly with incredible art by newcomer Jim Lai.

The comic book is presented in full color for Amazon's Kindle Devices. But for those who do not own a Kindle or any other digital readers, you may download either "Kindle Reading App" or "MobiPocket Reader" for FREE to view the book after purchase from Amazon.

Captain China volume 1 Purchase Link:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B007X0G3H4/

Kindle Reading App

http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000493771

MobiPocket Reader

http://www.mobipocke...asp?Language=EN

He looks rather like the guy down the street from me, and he don't speak mandrin, LOL... Is this a joke?

Now wait just a cotton-pickin' minute! The Chinese people already had/have their very own legitimate Super Hero! and his name is Bruce Lee!

Hehe, the irony isn't lost on me that the chronicles of The World's Greatest Communist Super Hero are being made available through retail outlets. :p But seriously, that cover art is very well done. LOL, Rob Liefield, it ain't!

Will he have super powers, per se? Or will he be a mortal capable of amazing things, a la Bruce Wayne/Batman or something similar?

He looks rather like the guy down the street from me, and he don't speak mandrin, LOL... Is this a joke?

LOL. Not anymore. It is now a real comic book. :p

And he will be speaking Mandarin because a Chinese Language version is up for release soon!

Now wait just a cotton-pickin' minute! The Chinese people already had/have their very own legitimate Super Hero! and his name is Bruce Lee!

Hehe, the irony isn't lost on me that the chronicles of The World's Greatest Communist Super Hero are being made available through retail outlets. :p But seriously, that cover art is very well done. LOL, Rob Liefield, it ain't!

Will he have super powers, per se? Or will he be a mortal capable of amazing things, a la Bruce Wayne/Batman or something similar?

A little bit of both I would say. The first 6 pages are available for preview on Amazon.

Edited by cwmodels

Aye... he went way before his time. He would have been 71 this year, probably not doing UFC :D ... but most likely directing and making movies, appearing on late night talk as an elder celebrity (on both sides of the Pacific!) and cooperating with Jet Li, Jackie Chan, and others who he paved the way for.

It looks fun. I hope you earn some money for all your hard work!

Thanks, I hope so too!

Communist? Your joking right? When were they ever communist?

More Chinese Jingoism and false pride. I am sure if you ask the factory workers at Foxcon if they are proud communists I wonder what answer you would get!

I would say they are as much of a communism as we are of being a democracy.

Aye... he went way before his time. He would have been 71 this year, probably not doing UFC :D ... but most likely directing and making movies, appearing on late night talk as an elder celebrity (on both sides of the Pacific!) and cooperating with Jet Li, Jackie Chan, and others who he paved the way for.

Yeah, really is a shame he died so young and at his prime.

The artwork looks really good, congrats to you and good luck on sales!!

Thank you very much!

HA, HA, HA, so not Captain America is bootlegged.... :lol:

Wink! Wink!

Waiting for the crossover vs Captain America fight.......LOL!

I would absolutely love to have that crossover happen. But who knows, anything is possible in the comic industry these days.

But seriously, nice art and always good to see a C96 Mauser Broomhandle.

Graham

A lot of research was put into this project to make sure there is a degree of historical accuracy within the context of the story.

Communist? Your joking right? When were they ever communist? More Chinese Jingoism and false pride. I am sure if you ask the factory workers at Foxcon if they are proud communists I wonder what answer you would get!
You should ask all the rich PRCs that immigrate to Canada. They love communism. It buys them multi million dollar mansions, Ferraris and Lamborghini's for their teenage children (they have several of these because corruption and dirty money by-passes the one-child policy), a Porche Cayenne for the trophy wife, and maybe an Audi A8 for the mistress. Not working out too well for the factory worker or the farmer though, haha!

Too bad money doesn't buy manners. This one dude came in to my office one day, more money than he knew what to do with, but he had the manners of a primitive. He coughed up a nasty gruelly from the back of his throat, and was about to spit it into the garbage can by my desk. I told him to take his souvenir to the washroom like a civilized human being......wouldn't have been the least bit surprised if he just blew his nose onto the floor.

I'm not for or against communism, but clearly it's not what Karl Marx had invisioned. The China my parents are from (pre Uncle Mao) is long dead, not that it would have worked out better than the current regime. In a decade or so, the current China should be ripe for another revolution.

Edited by peter

I originally planned on launching Captain China in both English & Chinese language simultaneously but Amazon gave me some trouble accepting it due to the fact the Kindle cannot display Chinese text. We just resolved the problem by combining it with the English version and it is now available for download in the same Kindle file. The amazon listing is also updated with 6 pages of preview for both languages.

And here is the Chinese Simplified language cover!

7126611145_b5b6586d80_b.jpg

The Chinese version is presented after the English version. Once again for those who do not own a Kindle or any other digital readers, you may download either "Kindle Reading App" or "MobiPocket Reader" for FREE to view the book after purchase from Amazon.

Captain China volume 1 - Dual Language Purchase Link:

Kindle Reading App

http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000493771

MobiPocket Reader

http://www.mobipocke...asp?Language=EN

Edited by cwmodels

Now wait just a cotton-pickin' minute! The Chinese people already had/have their very own legitimate Super Hero! and his name is Bruce Lee

You do realize Bruce Lee was born in San Fransico, right?

You do realize Bruce Lee was born in San Fransico, right?

He did return to Hong Kong when he was really little though, and spent most of his childhood there as well. Difficult to "claim" based on place of birth, otherwise Americans would have to give up their claim on a lot of influential heavy hitters in almost every endeavor! :)

The concept might not be to everyone liking but the art work is actually done seriously well

I can see you could be making a killing in china if every household that has a computer their atleast buys one issue.

wow.

The concept might not be to everyone liking but the art work is actually done seriously well

I can see you could be making a killing in china if every household that has a computer their atleast buys one issue.

wow.

ka-ching! :p Good luck!

hell, I wish I could draw. or were creative. or could invent sh*t people wanted...

287782.png

Hope there's going to be an issue where the relatives of the thousands of dogs and cats eaten and skinned everyday alive in China, form the super mutant league and eat Captian China. :p

I hope it portrays how great the Chinese government is, and far superior to our way of life and thinking, hence their success.

Thanks for all the comments on this book so far. I worked on it for 4 years in the dark and it is very interesting to see how people reacts to the initial idea/concept of it now that it is finally out in the public. Personally I would very much like to hear feedbacks on the story, characters, designs and so on, so we can do better to correct or improve on future releases.

The American comic industry has been on the down hill slide for the past 10 years and it really is difficult to be a small press publisher in the current climate. With this project, I am trying to produce something that has the ability to cross over into China's market which has the potential to be more profitable, while at the same time still bringing something new to the table of American super hero genre. Of course with that said, I am only getting 70 cents per book sold in terms of profit through Amazon, and whether this can be a financial success or not is determined to be seen. Currently we are working to get it into the itune store and on android, and maybe that will help broaden the exposure even more.

Book two is already in production and will probably be out in another couple of month.

• 3 months later...

Not too bad, it got picked up by Taiwan Yahoo News and went viral for 2 week back in middle of May. Got an unbelievable amount of interest from around the world during that time period. But it has slowed down since. Working away on volume 2 & 3 at the moment!

I originally planned on launching Captain China in both English & Chinese language simultaneously but Amazon gave me some trouble accepting it due to the fact the Kindle cannot display Chinese text. We just resolved the problem by combining it with the English version and it is now available for download in the same Kindle file. The amazon listing is also updated with 6 pages of preview for both languages. And here is the Chinese Simplified language cover! 7126611145_b5b6586d80_b.jpg The Chinese version is presented after the English version. Once again for those who do not own a Kindle or any other digital readers, you may download either "Kindle Reading App" or "MobiPocket Reader" for FREE to view the book after purchase from Amazon. Captain China volume 1 - Dual Language Purchase Link: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B007X0G3H4/ Kindle Reading App http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000493771 MobiPocket Reader http://www.mobipocke...asp?Language=EN

Yay! Simplified Chinese! One of Uncle Mao's greatest achievements in butchering an already butchered culture!

And your point?

Don't know. It made the written language that much easier to learn and greatly improved literacy rates... and it's not like it hasn't been done before. *cough* Japan, 1946 *cough*

And your point?
No point, I'm celebrating the Cultural Revolution! Yay! May Chairman Mao rise from the dead and live on as the son of heaven for a thousand years, leading China on to great prosperity! Edited by peter

Any ways.... CW have you given a thought to introducing a character like Captain R.O.C.k? It would make an interesting storyline if they both claimed to be Captain China, and initially clash with each other over ideals and such. Eventually they find out they have much in common despite political differences and earn each others respect before they find out they were brothers cruelly seperated by war and due to circumstances can't reunite. They do end up working together to save the world from a mutual threat.

Interesting idea and I like the art. China is one of the largest markets and it's one of the more promising growth zones for popular entertainment, so it's a smart bet to market to them. I hope it works out.

Well...so do I! Thanks!

No point, I'm celebrating the Cultural Revolution! Yay! May Chairman Mao rise from the dead and live on as the son of heaven for a thousand years, leading China on to great prosperity!

You are about 50 years too late to the party.

Any ways.... CW have you given a thought to introducing a character like Captain R.O.C.k? It would make an interesting storyline if they both claimed to be Captain China, and initially clash with each other over ideals and such. Eventually they find out they have much in common despite political differences and earn each others respect before they find out they were brothers cruelly seperated by war and due to circumstances can't reunite. They do end up working together to save the world from a mutual threat.

That story actually happens in issue 2 but it's not Captain R.O.C.

Edited by cwmodels