Mao Nome magically aged in #3???

Red96TA

Did anybody else notice that Mao Nome seems to have magically aged in episode 3? In the first two, she looks like the WAY underaged little sister....In episode 3, she looks 3-4 years older. Maybe Kawamori squeezed in the love triangle to beef up the plot? I don't know...

I already pointed out in another thread that at the end of ep # 3, when Mao is brought back to the Asuka, there is a side view shot of her lying unconsious on the examination table and her breasts seem to have magically grown much bigger.

Graham

I thought that was because of the island swim-type wear she was wearing before. I know girls that wear tight, and elusive clothing like that.

I can´t believe people actually waste space on a thread like this , does it really matter if Mao has bigger breast ? Jesus... <_<

In any case , for those that think Mao´s breasts have grown bigger since Ep.1 , go watch Ep.1 again when Mao first appears on scene when she jumps from the big palm tree , you´ll notice her breast are no smaller than Ep.3 , perspective aside.

I can´t believe people actually waste space on a thread like this , does it really matter if Mao has bigger breast ? Jesus... <_<

In any case , for those that think Mao´s breasts have grown bigger since Ep.1 , go watch Ep.1 again when Mao first appears on scene when she jumps from the big palm tree , you´ll notice her breast are no smaller than Ep.3 , perspective aside.

If it doesn't matter,...

how come you know so much about it

and could you tell me at what time she lands? easier to look for it that way:P :p:p

Well anyone(here) who cares about the breasts of an 11 year old girl has issues...sorry. Nothing sexual appealing there. I do like Mao as a character but not that way.

With two episodes left and probably 30 min a piece there isn't much time left for the much beloved(not by me) Macross love triangle. Maybe Kawamori has finally learned how to develop characters instead of using this crutch like has in the past(Macross, Macross Plus, Macross 7, Escaflowne).

edit for spelling

Edited by dejr8bud

I can´t believe people actually waste space on a thread like this , does it really matter if Mao has bigger breast ?

So you decide to waste MORE space being critical about it? :rolleyes:

It would matter if she has bigger breasts in the context of the question of the original post: Is the animation being inconsistent or has Mao just hit her growth spurt or what? Yes/no with reasons is being constructive.

And it just isn't Macross without a love triangle. It's only been in every series till now.

Yes, pubescent girls ARE pretty popular in anime. And given the nature of this forum, one would have to have been hiding under a rock to have not seen it yet.

Yeah, like it matters.... <_<

Judging by the amount of fanboyism over the pre-pubescent chicks in Evangelion, amongst others, it seems that 12 year old girls are all the rage in Japan. :blink:

Just to be pedantic, "prepubescent" means not having gone through puberty. I think I can safely say the Eva chicks don't qualify for the label. And if you're just now figuring out there's an unhealthy obsession with underage girls in anime fandom, I'd say it's time to wake up and smell the coffee.

I'll just chalk up to them trying to everything look good. And the underage anime fandom thing is the main reason I stay away from Cardcaptor Sakura.

Hey! There's no fan service in CCS! :D

Anyway, you guys are acting like she was flat. Take another look - there's nothing different in EP 3. At any rate, people look different when they are recumbant.

You guys are nuts, Mao looked the same in all 3 episodes.

I second that... with the exception of the nuts thing.

The thing is, she's not wearing a form fitting dress, so alot of her... features wouldn't show. Plus, this may be the first side profile we've had of Mao.

All I can say is eh. She'll be dead anyways in a few years...

I just finished watching all three episodes and she looks the same in all of them. It has to be the side view, cause we don't really get a good look at her from that point of view until episode 3. Before that its usually from the front or a combination of side and front. I can't think of the word right now for some reason. That and she is pretty much always moving or doing something when she is on screen.

Yeah, like it matters.... <_<

Judging by the amount of fanboyism over the pre-pubescent chicks in Evangelion, amongst others, it seems that 12 year old girls are all the rage in Japan. :blink:

Just to be pedantic, "prepubescent" means not having gone through puberty. I think I can safely say the Eva chicks don't qualify for the label. And if you're just now figuring out there's an unhealthy obsession with underage girls in anime fandom, I'd say it's time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Yeah, it was early in the morning :blink: .

Anyway, I don't get the whole thing with pubescent or recently post-pubescent females. Seems whacko to me, had a friend who was dating a 17 year old when we were 26, I thought him a strange mutant person then, I guess I just dont see the appeal of dating someone who you have to feed Kool-Aid to.

That's why I'll take the old drunken Misato over any of them.

Back on topic.

Still, not odd that Mao is lusting after Shin, he is after all the older guy, and she has the whole teenage crush going on. In the long run, if Shin's gonna get any from anyone, it will probably be Mao, since Sara seems to have a serious Kadun up her ass, that girl's got some issues.

Mao looks the same in all the 3 ovas, theres no change. But sara is change...She uses some tape in her breast like Kaoru Kamiya (Rurouni Kenshin aka Samurai X)? Under her dress they look small, but when she is singing in ova 2, they look bigger.

Anyway, I don't get the whole thing with pubescent or recently post-pubescent females. Seems whacko to me, had a friend who was dating a 17 year old when we were 26, I thought him a strange mutant person then, I guess I just dont see the appeal of dating someone who you have to feed Kool-Aid to.

I'm reminded of the line from Dazed And Confused about "getting older, but they keep staying the same age."

I'm new to this talky here but I have a thought on Mao: she is a female member of an island tribe. Is it not uncommon in a lot of tribal societies in this day and age that very young girls pair off and being having children. Outside of the "love stick" thing we don't know a whole lot about this tribe's way of doing things... and if you recall in the first episode you see two teens about Mao's age participating in the "love stick" ceremony. Mao might just be at the "right age" in the tribe to be put on the market (so to speak) and she might be making her play for Shin.

Then again it does not take a rocket scientist to look at today's world and notice that young girls are maturing faster and faster in this modern world of ours.

Edit to add: oh and on the breast thing, artistic variation could explain it. After all, we are talking about drawn characters here and not real people.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

I don't think there is space in this show for the usual love triangle. Besides, it seems like she knows Shin and her sister are kinda into each other. She's just being ...playful.

She's too young, and anyway, we all know the transfusion is going to do something very very bad, so there won't be much time for anyone to worry about a love triangle. Besides, Shin treats her like the "kid sister of the girl you're interested in" anyway.

Honestly. You guys must see something I don't.......Mao looks the same ever since the 1st episode.

......and she's quite a hellcat to boot. Telling Edgar she can kiss her ass (in the ANBU-AonE version at least) and even taking it as far as attacking Shin from behind. :lol:

What a mysterious and mischivous gal.......

This thread has now defeated any of the wierd Mylene threads that have popped up.

This thread has now defeated any of the wierd Mylene threads that have popped up.

I'll said it once and I'll say it again..

Mao is only 11 and you people really need to stop focusing on her. eek5.gif .....She's beyond barely-legal....At least Mylene, by MD7, is 16... whack.gif