1/48 boss pod....

mslz22

Thanks guys, just an update, I've started to mold up the last bits today, still a week or so of probe droid castings for Dave over at RPF then i will be doing the test build on this. That probe droid makes this thing look tiny!

mike

Thanks guys, just an update, I've started to mold up the last bits today, still a week or so of probe droid castings for Dave over at RPF then i will be doing the test build on this. That probe droid makes this thing look tiny!

mike

What scale is it in???

mike

Mwuahaha, I just got my PD shipping quote this afternoon :) And that Hyperdyne motion/light/sound kit looks straight up awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the first rough in pics for the standing pilot from the sculptor, need some smoothing over but he's getting there.

I hope to finish up the last little bits on the actual boss pod today and get them in rubber this week.

The pilot will be available as an add on when it makes it's way to me.

thanks

mike

pilot02.jpg

You know if Ray Harryhausen could have gotten his hands on models like these maybe we'd have had a Macross or Clash of the Titans Bionoids live action movie in the late 80's and maybe a CGI remake by now. Mslz22, your next project must be a working time machine... 1:1 scale.

(not instigating an HG rant here)

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing to show today but wanted to post that this pattern is done, and the last of the molds have just been poured.....hopefully they will all work. It's a big relief to get those done!

I got held up a little bit with another round of Probe Droid casting, those are done , I have a couple of standard pods to ship out this week then i should be able to concentrate for a few days to build the first kit...

mike

Edited by mslz22

• 3 weeks later...

All the molds are done and I started a test build right before my vacation, I'm back now and just getting back into the swing of things today. I have a few odds and ends on other casting work to finish up then i will be able to really devote some time to getting this off the ground.

Still waiting on some pics from the sculptor on the pilot figure, it's a bit overdue at this point.

thanks

mike

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for that Coke can was like trying to find Waldo. Ultra detail big scale is the way of the future.

Just looking for something that I could use to gauge it's size. I'm amazed I saw it at all with all that epic gloriousness in front of it.

Just looking for something that I could use to gauge it's size. I'm amazed I saw it at all with all that epic gloriousness in front of it.

I know, right? It's tiny compared to the pod! I can't wait to see this monster all done.

I want to see this pod in person in my lifetime. To experience its awesome size up close, to climb in - and to jump out of a Martian trench with gusto!

1/1 scale. It needs to be done.

I'll start taking some orders after i finish this test shot.

Little more work here, I finished up the first foot, painted it up and secured it to a working platform, secured from underneath with 2 countersunk screws. There is no detail on the bottom of the feet, I did not see any possible way that something this giant would be able to be securely displayed with any part of the feet up.

Also note the main cannon barrel, it's cast with a 3/8 hollow brass tube in the center. This will need to be trimmed in the front only, the back part will pass thru the cannon support and into the main back cannon thingy.

thanks

mike

004-12.jpg