1/48 boss pod....

mslz22

Thanks guys, left the chin guns off until the last minute, did not want to knock them off putting on the decals. Eye is clear green in the middle but hard to tell in these pics.

I am calling this done for today, still want to do more drybrushing, touch ups, weathering etc but have a busy week coming up starting tomorrow, so it will stay like this for a bit. I will try to get a few better pics soon with a more professional background.

thanks

mike

004-13.jpg

007-6.jpg

008-7.jpg

014-5.jpg

015-7.jpg

018-4.jpg

019-5.jpg

024.jpg

032.jpg

035.jpg

OK - that last photo with the valk... ( ! )

One - there are few words to accurately describe what seeing it causes.

Two - The Macross TV production team(s) need to see this and talk a little more about their use of anime magic!

-------

The crazy thing is, if you picture the hatch opening, the pilot getting out would still be a good bit smaller than the valk!

The scale looks EXACT...

-------

Anyone know if Japan websites have gotten hold of these pics yet? Macross magazine??

I'm not over-reacting, this is simply off the hook...

Edited by DarrinG

Darin, I agree with what your saying about scaling back in the 80s. The scale that mike chose is really good though. The regular sodier is suppose to stand up to the middle of the canopy. And an officer like kaifun is just about the shoulder. That's really impossible since the seat in the Glaug is so tiny. Even an average soldier, the way they draw it, wouldn't fit because of the bulky armor. I think Mike chose a really happy medium that still shows how much bigger the glaug is to the valk. To me, the soldiers should be the same height as the valks, just like the series shows them next to each other in a lot of scenes. But that would make the resin kit about twice the size.

Personally, I think Mike should start his own 1/48 scale line, Valks included. I'm willing to bet that he could come up with a better sculpt than the current 1/48 valk.

Edited by peter

Darin, I agree with what your saying about scaling back in the 80s. The scale that mike chose is really good though. The regular sodier is suppose to stand up to the middle of the canopy. And an officer like kaifun is just about the shoulder. That's really impossible since the seat in the Glaug is so tiny. Even an average soldier, the way they draw it, wouldn't fit because of the bulky armor. I think Mike chose a really happy medium that still shows how much bigger the glaug is to the valk. To me, the soldiers should be the same height as the valks, just like the series shows them next to each other in a lot of scenes. But that would make the resin kit about twice the size.

EXO - You comment intrigued me. Wanted to see how big this boss pod would have to be before it looked like a valk-sized, fully armored Kaifun could fit comfortably in the cockpit...

post-8486-0-55692500-1346252743_thumb.jpg

EXO - You comment intrigued me. Wanted to see how big this boss pod would have to be before it looked like a valk-sized, fully armored Kaifun could fit comfortably in the cockpit...

post-8486-0-55692500-1346252743_thumb.jp

lol, that's pretty much what you can expect if you use the TV soldiers as scale. When the Zentradi picks up a micron, they're the size of 6" figures to them. According to lineart books a micron would be the size of 12" figures.

Last photo with the valk underneath saying, "please don't pee on me, PLEASE don't pee on me!" :p That looks AWESOME MIKE! I've been waiting for some new photos on this. Congrats and jobe AWEOSMELY DONE! - MT

Thanks guys.....I will be coming up with a price sometime this weekend, I need to do some figuring on how much this thing has cost me in rubber etc...

As usual I'll do my best to keep the price down, I want to price it so people can have it if they want it.

thanks

mike

I have some wine chilling, a weekend at the Kabuki all planned. A long onsen treatment and some Takarazuka tickets.

Once the miracles of food and massage have palliated Her Indoors, I think I might be able to slip this one under the radar without risking surgical mutilation.

Mind you, it might be just worth it to sing castrato for the rest of my life to have that dominating the office.