VF-X 2

kensei

Has anyone that owns VF-X 2 on PS ever completed it on Maniac? I can only get up to the second last stage,

the one where you are ganged up on with VF-17's who just launch missile after missile up your ass. The furtherest I've ever gotten were two downed VF-17's, after like 10 mins. I used the VF-19 and it's PP Barrier system, it's annoying running away from the missiles, then rounding back around and trying to lock on yourself because they've already lauched their next salvo.

Any tips?

Boy, you guys are maniacs for playing it in maniac. (joke) :lol:

That's funny. I never played any game in hard mode. Always in normal or easy. I guess I'm not a real gamer.

BTW. Do you guys think that the two endings are worth it? I only finished the game using an emulator. Because my PS1 did't work anymore. <_<

I failed to read the description of this thread: "Rookie In training"

WHAT?..... :blink: Rookie in training and you're already playing the game in maniac? :huh: You really are a maniac, huh? <_< (jokes again) :lol:

BTW. Do you guys think that the two endings are worth it? I only finished the game using an emulator. Because my PS1 did't work anymore. <_<

Nope. The endings are standard issues action game endings. Nothing extra ordinary. But then again... if you are a fan of the game, you will probably want to see them.

I can't get past "Operation: Pinnochio" on Maniac... it's just F-ing hard. If I could use something besides the VA-3 Invader in that mission, I'd probably be alright. "Operation: Singin' in the Rain" was no cakewalk either.

You really have to join with Gilliam to see the "real" ending. I think the choice of killing him was designed as the "cop out" or "bad" ending. I mean, that's when the game starts to get really good is after that point.

I played maniac level, I'm using VF-19 during the last stages. I was damn hard, I failed operation 'Mary Poppins' and 'Remember Love' several times, gotta beat those pesky Ghosts only to face the enemy aces in VF-22 and VF-19. Sometimes I feel lucky that I ever completed those missions :D

If only I could use full armour VF-11, it maybe another story, untill then....

BTW, anyone know why Aegis missile barrage to Macross 13 bridge wasn't nullified by the jammers ? As I recall, the fleet missiles attack were jammed right ? :unsure:

Boy, you guys are maniacs for playing it in maniac. (joke) :lol:

That's funny. I never played any game in hard mode. Always in normal or easy. I guess I'm not a real gamer.

Emulator? Is it a good one? Can you direct me to where i can download it please? :o

I failed to read the description of this thread: "Rookie In training"

WHAT?..... :blink: Rookie in training and you're already playing the game in maniac? :huh: You really are a maniac, huh? <_< (jokes again) :lol:

I played the game in both Easy and Normal. In any game, I consider that training. I always try to finish every game i play on the hardest mode, that what makes the game last longer and more challenging for me. I love a challenge!!! :D

I can't get past "Operation: Pinnochio" on Maniac... it's just F-ing hard. If I could use something besides the VA-3 Invader in that mission, I'd probably be alright. "Operation: Singin' in the Rain" was no cakewalk either.

You really have to join with Gilliam to see the "real" ending. I think the choice of killing him was designed as the "cop out" or "bad" ending. I mean, that's when the game starts to get really good is after that point.

Keep movin in battroid mode for this stage.(singin in the Rain) Use the city buildings as cover for the (pheyos?) part. For the big dragon boss thingy you just gotta stay one step ahead of him. When he's about to launch a big attack, change to Fighter mode and get the hell out skywards. Takes a long time but it works for me. I forgot what pinnochio was all about, long time since i played the game.

PS on the second stage after you fly through the canyons, don't you think the red VF-1 was ridiculously fast and manoevurable?

Edited by kensei

Boy, you guys are maniacs for playing it in maniac.  (joke)  :lol:

That's funny. I never played any game in hard mode.  Always in normal or easy.  I guess I'm not a real gamer.

BTW.  Do you guys think that the two endings are worth it?  I only finished the game using an emulator.  Because my PS1 did't work anymore.  <_<

Emulator? Is it a good one? Can you direct me to where i can download it please? :o

Epsxe is the emulator I use.

WARNING: Don't expect to see any of the endings if you use this emulator in playing VFX2. You'll only see a black screen.

Here the link anyway: (click me)

I failed to read the description of this thread:  "Rookie In training"

WHAT?.....  :blink:  Rookie in training and you're already playing the game in maniac?  :huh:  You really are a maniac, huh?  <_<  (jokes again)  :lol:

I played the game in both Easy and Normal. In any game, I consider that training. I always try to finish every game i play on the hardest mode, that what makes the game last longer and more challenging for me. I love a challenge!!! :D

So I guess you're not a rookie after all. ;)

:lol:

Boy, you guys are maniacs for playing it in maniac.  (joke)   :lol:

That's funny. I never played any game in hard mode.  Always in normal or easy.  I guess I'm not a real gamer.

BTW.  Do you guys think that the two endings are worth it?  I only finished the game using an emulator.  Because my PS1 did't work anymore.   <_<

Epsxe is the emulator I use.

WARNING: Don't expect to see any of the endings if you use this emulator in playing VFX2. You'll only see a black screen.

Here the link anyway: (click me)

Thanks Buddy :D Shame about the endings though.

WARNING:  Don't expect to see any of the endings if you use this emulator in playing VFX2.  You'll only see a black screen.

IIRC it is a problem with the actual game, not just the emulator. However, I have an ePSXe memcard file that has a saved game after you finish it. This allows you to go through and play all the missions using any of the fighters, and on certain missions you can use the armoured battroids (VF-1 and VF-11). If anyone wants it I can probably send it to them.