Ron Burgandy is one of the many reasons why I can't stand Will Farrell. The SNL Cheerleader skits really turned me off on him. And don't get me started on Elf.

At least his old man (Mike Farrell) had talent.

Edited by Wanzerfan

Ron Burgandy is one of the many reasons why I can't stand Will Farrell. The SNL Cheerleader skits really turned me off on him. And don't get me started on Elf.

At least his old man (Mike Farrell) had talent.

I dont think they are related

His over-the-top crazy comedy style usually doesn't do it for me either, but I did enjoy a good portion of the first movie. The street brawl was just too funny. :lol: I do hope they can get Steve Carell back for this one though.

If you want to see him do something different, Stranger than Fiction was pretty good. Nothing like any of his other movies, and not really a comedy, but I enjoyed it.

I think WF saturated the movie market for a while & I got rather tired of him - or at least all the similar roles he ended up playing.

However, I liked Anchorman b/c is was just so flipping ridiculous & random. I'm not sure that a sequel would be able to preserve that. It would probably just try to be bigger, zanier, grosser than the first one. This diminishes both the sequel & the original in my eyes.

(null)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...