Resident Evil: Retribution (a.k.a. The New Sony Commercial)

Just what we need this year: another Resident Evil movie. Yes, Resident Evil: Retribution will once again be under the husband-wife duo of Paul W. S. Anderson and Milla Jovovich. It will also be a reunion film of sorts, with Michelle Rodriguez and others reprising their roles from the previous films.

Also, the teaser trailer doubles as a Sony commercial. Sony must be really desperate...

Wow... Daft Punk music from Tron: Legacy. Guess they couldn't think of any other musical score to use.

Official Site Edited by areaseven

I like the Resident evil movies, as dumb as they are. And I'm a bit excited about this one because they're bringing in Ada Wong, Leon Kennedy and f*cking Barry Burton.

Well now that you mentioned it, maybe I'll give this one a chance, on account of Ada Wong. One of my favorite characters in the RE4 game.

I actually, quite like the Resident Evil movies (except for the last one, which was just plain silly).

I've only ever played a couple of the Resident Evil games and don't really remember them that well, so it doesn't bother me that the movies don't follow the games.

The Death Race remake and it's sequel are also a guilty pleasure of mine. As much as I'm a huge fan of the Roger Corman original and expected to hate the remake, it and the sequel were actually much better than I expected.

Graham

I actually like the last Resident Evil, hated the one in the desert before that (zombie crows, really?), Afterlife was just enough of a hilarious Matrix action scene rip-off to make me smile.

Well if you guys want more of a reason not to like Paul W.S. Anderson, that idiot tried to link his Death Race movies, to his AvP films(and the rest of the franchise) by introducing the Weyland Corporation as the company running the prisons.

I'm not joking... :(

It's called an in joke, sometimes they like to put those in movies. :rolleyes:

And Death Race was amazing. It was so mindlessly stupid and violet; and it has one of the greatest lines in movie history.

It's called an in joke, sometimes they like to put those in movies. :rolleyes:

And Death Race was amazing. It was so mindlessly stupid and violet; and it has one of the greatest lines in movie history.

Its not an injoke if it part of a major plot point.

Slusho? That's an injoke.

The orguss valk and beer can? That's an injoke.

The M-41A pulse rifle popping up on the T-X loadout screen? Injoke.

The evil corporation that runs the death race to make extra money while owning the prisons and whose executives make repeated references to the company? Not an injoke.

I've enjoyed every RE movie so far, especially #1 & #4, so I'll be there opening night for this one.

Want to judge me? How about this: I'm looking forward to this movie far, far more than the upcoming Avengers and Batman movies. :)

Not to mention that Ada Wong will be played by Li Bingbing. :wub:

post-237-0-53990700-1332998738_thumb.jpg

Purrddy... :wub:

She certainly bears a passing resemblance to Ada in the game. Can't wait to see her all decked out in those trademark shades, red gown and handgun strapped to her right thigh.

Edited by GU-11

Rental for sure. The last one sucked. I felt like i wasted some cash. even though i rented it.

edit:

I thought Michelle Rodriguez died.

and so did Oded Fehr, they're both still coming back though. Since they've shown they can make unlimited clones of Milla Jovovich, they they can bring back any dead person they want.

• 2 months later...

Alice's and Ada's costumes are the only ones that look decent. Jill's battle suit looks cheap, and the control device looks even worse. Li Bingbing's English is surprisingly fluent, although it could be a dub.

From appearances alone, it looks more promising than the last two ones put together.

My guilty pleasure movie series continues. Wonder if the cast and crew are under contract to keep producing sequels until the world ends.

I don't think they would just stop working on this cash cow. These movies basically are permenant jobs. They're salaried employees of Resident Evil Movie Studios.

I'm lost...the zombies in the first movie were Romero type walkers/roamers...now they are runners?

And weren't all the capitals mentioned here destroyed? Why do they still look pristine...now I have to spend a week watching these movies again lol...

I'm lost...the zombies in the first movie were Romero type walkers/roamers...now they are runners?

And weren't all the capitals mentioned here destroyed? Why do they still look pristine...now I have to spend a week watching these movies again lol...

I smell dreams and more dreams Inception style.

I like how they incorporate just a tiny bit from the game each time one of these is pushed out of Hollywood's sphincter. Is that supposed to be Jill Valentine with the same "mind control" device attached to her chest?

... and the red dress, I don't think they got Ada Wong right with the casting.

• 2 months later...