HLJ Sale.....again.....the usual stuff

jvmacross

I agree, with how good the toys of the last several years have gotten, the Quarter falls short as a toy. If you have a display set-up the Quarter could help with then great... just don't expect a lot of joy from handling it.

Managed to get an order in for the VF-19. At least I think so. It's in my order queue, so I am hopeful that I got one. Also saw that the 30th Ann. VF-1J is still there and seems to get no love. I still haven't warmed up to it yet. It's too bad about the Macross Quarter too as it's not that bad. I picked one up the last time it was 50% off at HLJ and I really like it. It is far from perfect, but it is still nice enough to display with the rest of my Macross Frontier stuff.

Thanks for the effort but now that it is available I have second thoughts if I really need it and if I can pay for it with all the stuff that comes up (YF-19 *cough*).

Decisions descisions... :wacko:

• 2 months later...

Bumping because HLJ's current clearance sale is amazing. I haven't found much Macross specifically but there's a ton of really good deals on all kinds of stuff that people on here will probably be interested.

http://www.hlj.com/Clearance-Sale-2014

Edited by anime52k8

They're up again. I got my email confirmation. whew!

Anyway, the Arcadia 30th VF-1J is still up. For those who want that abomination... :bump:

The robot spirits Q-Rhea for 704y! Get it!

Battleship Yamato is tempting, but it's such a brick to me that I'm passing on it.

Edited by treatment

The site is still down for me but I got my confirmation email. No Macross goodies but I did get 3 $100 anime figures I had wanted for about $30 each and a $25 RD Sazabi.

Edited by anime52k8

Yup. Down again.

Surprisingly, I didn't see any Macross/Frontier figures like some Sheryl or Ranka when it was up. Only the Q-Rhea and the VF-1J. Weird.

I can't get myself to tolerate the Arcadia 1J even at the 7900y sale-price, but I think I'll get it only if it goes under 4500y.

I only got one figure (1/8 Remon) ordered and was trolling the Senran Kagura Yagyuu to get an actual discounted sale-price instead of the regular pricing.

I'm undecided whether to double-dip on the figures I already have, including the Sazabi. Then hlj crashed. Again. HAHAHAHA!

Oh, well.

If the 30th VF-1J ever get to $50 or thereabouts, I'll grab one to disassemble and soak in mineral spirits to get rid of the markings. Then I'll stare at the pile of white parts that remain and wonder what the hell to do with them. :p

Not much good on sale. Oh well. haha

I wonder if the 30th will be a hard to find and expensive collectible some day like the vf-x

Honestly if the ask is if it's worth investing in one or two to see what their value is down the line then it's a risky proposition. Most other Valks that were first-time shelf warmers had an aesthetic appeal that the average Macross fan could like. The 30th Anniversary VF-1J is, in my opinion, to polarizing a scheme.

Highly doubt it . . .

agree...again

-b.

• 2 weeks later...

That's how it works.

The more people that pass on it, the more rare it becomes and the more value it has a few years down the line.

VF-X's were passed over and sold on sale for $60 bucks too haha

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's how it works.

The more people that pass on it, the more rare it becomes and the more value it has a few years down the line.

VF-X's were passed over and sold on sale for $60 bucks too haha

that might be another valk, the vf-x was never that low.

the angelbird however was on clearance at bbts for cheap once.