DYRL Bluray Release Confirmed

SCOOPUDA!

What is the difference between complete and theatrical editions?

The theatrical edition is what was shown in theaters (obviously) in 1984, and what was released on VHS tape soon after that. The sound mix is mono, and the FB2012 footage isn't there. The Special edition, from 1992, has a stereo sound mix (which I don't like as much) and adds the FB2012 footage to the end (I prefer the original cut to black).

I definately wouldn't worry yet. Was it an all ages screening? Did they blur the showef scene? Considering how much hell the Japanese fanbase would rain on them, I'm guessing BV is smart enough to avoid that sh!t storm.

I definately wouldn't worry yet. Was it an all ages screening? Did they blur the showef scene? Considering how much hell the Japanese fanbase would rain on them, I'm guessing BV is smart enough to avoid that sh!t storm.

Considering that the show was at midnight, it definitely WASN'T an all-ages screening.

I don't recognize this anime. What is it?

Bamboo Blade, it's about a "mostly" girls Highschool Kendo team.

Considering that the show was at midnight, it definitely WASN'T an all-ages screening.

Could also just be BV being cheap and not wanting to give up the full goods until the BD release. Remember, this is anime we're talking about, things far more graphic than those blurred shots get released all the time, don't see any reason to retroactively edit something now. This is also the Macross franchise, the same one that was decided Guld's death wasn't graphic enough the first time.

Bamboo Blade, it's about a "mostly" girls Highschool Kendo team.

Could also just be BV being cheap and not wanting to give up the full goods until the BD release. Remember, this is anime we're talking about, things far more graphic than those blurred shots get released all the time, don't see any reason to retroactively edit something now. This is also the Macross franchise, the same one that was decided Guld's death wasn't graphic enough the first time.

Before reading that other thread I had no worries. I wish I were as optimistic about this release as you are, Keith. Now I'm reconsidering purchasing this. I'm sure you or someone else will tell me I'm crazy for doing so, but I'd hate to spend money on something that has been altered like this...regardless of how "minor" the changes are.

Before reading that other thread I had no worries. I wish I were as optimistic about this release as you are, Keith. Now I'm reconsidering purchasing this. I'm sure you or someone else will tell me I'm crazy for doing so, but I'd hate to spend money on something that has been altered like this...regardless of how "minor" the changes are.

I could very well be wrong, but speaking as someone who has imported several of Bandai Visual's BD releases, not limited to but including:

-Gunbuster

-Diebuster

-Macross Frontier TV & Movies

-Macross Zero

-Macross TV

-Char's Counterattack

-Gundam F-91

BV has always added content, and never removed it (additional content includes things such as the Earrings in Zero, and new science lessons in Diebuster). I'd be "very" surprised if BV took the time to track down all of the extra material they're including just to fubar the release with unnecessary edits. Mind you BV "has" been known to gimp rental releases, and that could actually be what happened here. They may have done up a special rental print of the film with the wierd edits and shown that in theatre, while the retial release remains umolested. A good example of this would be the video encoding on the Japanese rental version of Gundam 0079, it had inferior video encoding from the LE boxes they put out.

Mind you BV "has" been known to gimp rental releases, and that could actually be what happened here. They may have done up a special rental print of the film with the wierd edits and shown that in theatre, while the retial release remains umolested. A good example of this would be the video encoding on the Japanese rental version of Gundam 0079, it had inferior video encoding from the LE boxes they put out.

Either way, they gapped the audio at certain points in the Gundam 0079 box, for words that weren't considered offensive in 1979 but are considered offensive now.

Edited by Gubaba

Either way, they gapped the audio at certain points in the Gundam 0079 box, for words that weren't considered offensive in 1979 but are considered offensive now.

First I've heard of that, what did they cut out?

Not sure, but one of my Japanese friends who has the set explained the basic situation to me. I'll ask for more details next time I see him.

Yeah, I heard about that, too. I can't remember what it was, either, I'm afraid, sorry. But it is true.

• 2 weeks later...

Cancel? If I was fine with "Noooo" & the new Jabba's palace song, I'll be fine with whatever happens here. Besides, the new prologue has me very intrigued. Will it be the gane intro? A text scroll? Something else entirely?

Edited by Keith

I'm curious as well....this is making me nervous about my dub though.

As for the purchase itself, I dunno if anyone has been charged but I just got zapped on my bank account by Play-Asia for my copy stating it'll be shipped out July 26th. If that's the case it could very well show up right on my birthday.

I just got my payment request today from amiami. I'm going to pay it right away. Getting excited. :)

Had a little trouble with my PayPal payment. I'm not sure if it's simply because PayPal changed the way they show the type of payment that will be made, but I wanted to play it safe. I only saw the option for charging to my credit card and didn't see a specific option for using my PayPal balance. I had plenty of money in my balance to cover the costs, and it seemed there was some fine print stating they would use the card only to cover the cost if it went beyond my PayPal balance. Still, in the past I would see a specific option of using the PayPal balance as the main source of funding, and I didn't see that option at all this time.

I worried because that card has a low line of credit and is almost maxed out. I wanted to avoid any glitch in the payment process so I canceled that transaction. When I got sent back to amiami.com an error message appeared and gave instructions for how to manually send Paypal money as payment for the order. Basically, I sent the money to the e-mail mentioned and I put the order number in the subject line as instructed. I even added the order info in the extended notes area to make sure.

Hopefully, this won't cause any issue in processing my order. Fingers crossed.

Edited by sharky

Guess what just came? ;-)

Am just going through the extras now and as far as physical extras are concerned, the booklet of reprinted magazine articles is pretty awesome - I kinda wish they would expand it into a full book!

post-9325-0-09680500-1343271306_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-62270800-1343271313_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-06071000-1343271321_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-27910300-1343271328_thumb.jpg

No sound issues at all on my PS3. Having said that...did someone order some blur?

post-9325-0-59949900-1343271333_thumb.jpg

both of you suck!

cdj's failing me.

no email and no activity in my cust-acct.

it's friggin' noon over there!

wtf, (cd)japan !?

Was yours a special order or one of those that were lucky enough to get into the first round orders? That may count towards it.

And you can't really blame CDJ too much when you consider those two are actually in the very country it's shipping from. The local market takes precedence.

Hm....damn that's just odd. I was charged beginning of the week, and yet nothings been shipped which is just so damn weird it really is. Technically it should be shipped today regardless if it's in China or if it's in Japan. When i wake up in the morning I should have an email from Play-Asia.

Booo! The only Blur I like have Girls who like boys who like girls that are boys who like boys that are girls!

OhGod :( if it was only THAT Blur then all of this would be awesome but it's not :(

Oh well. At least I have a really nice box and nice extras coming in a few days from CDJapan. Why, Kawamori (you bastard)? :(

Please, those of you who have it already give us a good and honest review.

I pre-ordered from Amiami and got the payment request. I am a little bit dissapointed with the blur edits and sound glitches.

If i am going to cancel my order, I need to give a reasonable explanation to Amiami to avoid any penalties.