DYRL Bluray Release Confirmed

SCOOPUDA!

Yes...but not with the BD, right?

Well, they're including Flash Back 2012 with the limited editions...so I'm guessing/assuming we're getting the theatrical version of the movie. Why else include FB2012? :X

Doubt we'll get the theatrical version this time, and really considering the only difference is that it doesn't immediately cut to the credits, I don't think we need it.

The sound mix is also very different, which is mostly what I prefer about the theatrical cut.

Doubt we'll get the theatrical version this time, and really considering the only difference is that it doesn't immediately cut to the credits, I don't think we need it.

Both the theatrical and complete edition will be on the BD. I would guess that the Flashback portion will be redone since they remastered the video and the sound credits need to be updated to reflect the new people working on the audio.

I would guess that the Flashback portion will be redone

Probably not.

Flashback 2012 is already confirmed to be upscaled. If they were going to bother remastering the Flashback parts for DYRL ending that would be doing half the 2012 work and at that point why not remasted the whole thing?

It could just be that the music video portions of FB 2012 are upscales, while the op/end are remastered. Well, that would be the best case scenario at least.

Well, there are a lot of videotape edits within the opening and ending, so even if they did go back to the physical film and clean it up or whatever, those would only be the elements and there are still things that would need to be added. I think that's the main problem.

Well, there are a lot of videotape edits within the opening and ending, so even if they did go back to the physical film and clean it up or whatever, those would only be the elements and there are still things that would need to be added. I think that's the main problem.

Agreed. I think the safest assumption is that the version of FB2012 that we got is 100% upscale as was originally announced.

It could just be that the music video portions of FB 2012 are upscales, while the op/end are remastered. Well, that would be the best case scenario at least.

If that's the best case why not just do the whole thing? They already have a shiny new scan of the TV footage used in the music video sections. The only thing holding back FB 2012 full remaster is rescanning the actual FB 2012 film. If you have all the film rescanned all it takes is one poorly paid intern to redo all the editing and associated effect. It'd be extremely easy thanks to the magic of computers these days. If they actually only give us remastered FB2012 footage then anyone with the SDF BDs can reedit the whole thing themselves.

If that's the best case why not just do the whole thing? They already have a shiny new scan of the TV footage used in the music video sections. The only thing holding back FB 2012 full remaster is rescanning the actual FB 2012 film. If you have all the film rescanned all it takes is one poorly paid intern to redo all the editing and associated effect. It'd be extremely easy thanks to the magic of computers these days. If they actually only give us remastered FB2012 footage then anyone with the SDF BDs can reedit the whole thing themselves.

Maybe because the original doesn't exist?

As posted by lynn2009 in the 2nd page of this topic: http://www.macrosswo...ndpost&p=964626

"Unfortunately, the master film for Flashback 2012 doesn't exist, so it will be an upconvert from the best quality master available."

Now if, on the other hand, you are suggesting they recut the footage that was used together and literally rebuild the show - thats a lot of work and it would still be missing the originally animated new stuff for obvious reasons.

Edited by Tochiro

That's nice but do you have anything to contribute to the DYRL BLURAY thread? The LD thread is thataway... (make your own)

B))

Edited by xrentonx

That's nice but do you have anything to contribute to the DYRL BLURAY thread? The LD thread is thataway... (make your own)

B))

lol, I reminded of that episode of Bamboo Blade when the teacher gives one of his students his DYRL LD as a gift, and she has no idea what to do with it.

I am not looking forward to the Max vs Miriya stage.

If it's the same as the PSP version then you have to beat the other meltrans, fight Miriya outside, then fight inside the capital ship with extreme close quarters combat. If history repeats itself, there will be no tuning for Max's VF-1S so expect EX/Chronical levels of difficulty.

I hope the Gorg Boddole Zer setpiece is more awesome than the PSP version. I'm hoping for something like the PS2 version with the entire Zentradi Armada folding in in the background, and a major clusterfrakk of a breakthrough mission like the Macross Plus earth defense grid level.

:p

<snip>Magross Video</snip>

Hahaha! That was a good one. Can't wait until this kind of situation happens with my Blurays...actually, I can because that would mean I'd be waaaaaaay old. :(

• 2 weeks later...

All hell will break loose in three, two ...................

It's 7:52 AM in Japan. Did you come back from Wald 9? The screening today ended about 2 hours ago.

Something's wrong?

Both the theatrical and complete edition will be on the BD. I would guess that the Flashback portion will be redone since they remastered the video and the sound credits need to be updated to reflect the new people working on the audio.

What is the difference between complete and theatrical editions?