Yamato 1/60 VF-19改 Fire Valkyrie (Thread no.3)

IXTL

Yamato...you missed out putting speakers on the Sound Boosters.

Don't pass up the chance with this. -_-

This is a kit, so if you buy it, it's up to you to put speakers in it if you want them...

Isn't this supposed to come with a Mylene figure?

I think it was reivaj that noticed it a few months ago in an old photo.

They actually had the whole of Fire Bomber on display, even Veffidas and Ray. But they never actually said how (or if) they would market them.

I hope it does come with a Mylene figure. Down the line, I'm really going to have to make the sound booster play music with real speakers.

Somebody on here has already done that. It's not that hard, either... apparently. The main problem is that Yamato glued the whole damn thing shut, so you have to pry the two halves open and if you screw it up... you're screwed. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Just a question, guys. When you place the gunpod in the Battroid's hand, do you always force it to be snug fit with the tab in the gun's handle and the index finger well inside the trigger housing?

I noticed mine has a very slight stress mark on the index finger while trying this whenever going into Battroid. Though it doesn't seem to stress anything when I keep the index finger out of the trigger housing.

Edited by kamadoma

• 7 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Funny to think about.. this is the exact same trouble my original release Yamato YF-19 had.  The arm assembly and design just weren't any good, and I believe that was during Yamato's "explodium" phase, the one where they kept churning out parts in this strange fragile plastic that would fail catastrophically.

The plastic in the VF-19s was certainly much better, but the design of the arm really didn't change any.

55 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Funny to think about.. this is the exact same trouble my original release Yamato YF-19 had.  The arm assembly and design just weren't any good, and I believe that was during Yamato's "explodium" phase, the one where they kept churning out parts in this strange fragile plastic that would fail catastrophically.

The plastic in the VF-19s was certainly much better, but the design of the arm really didn't change any.

The design of that particular section is inherently bad. The joint is only supported on one end of the pin, and there's an un-chamfered inner corner to concentrate the stress.