So the title means nothing? We can't even get Bay to agree that calling them Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles means that they are, in fact, mutants?

Why not take the retcon even further then? Perhaps TMNT can be about middle-aged, alien hamster boxers.

“These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.”

Those words do not belong in the same sentence. No way this will work.

0.o

<bonkers>

Sorry, but the origin story worked. You know, turtles accidentally getting Utrom goo on them that mutated them...

you know, if he want's to do an alien story, he should skip the reboot, the whole Shredder thing and just did the Triceraton arc... that'd be much cooler.

Edited by sketchley

I think they're quoting him from something else he said years ago.

Allow me to fix it:

“When you see this movie, kids are going to believe one day these Transformers actually do exist when we are done with this movie. These Transformers are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.”

So it's just his Transformers films again except no giant robots and Shia LaBeouf? I'd be suprised if this, Transformers, and the Battleship movie don't create some kind of Bay-verse at this point.

Shia will probably get to play Casey Jones >.>

Ouch,

The anime series years ago were already tasteless compared to the original and very dark comics. But here he wants to rewrite the story?

Why use the TMNT then? Is there any way to stop Bay (sell him on E-Bay?)(sorry couldn't resist)?

Who's been able to watch any of the transformers without feeling dizzy nor even start snoring? Imagine what he could do with this.

... Worse... Imagine what he won't do with the TMNT -and cry-.

Apparently people do watch giants robots spinning and more explosions and jumping and more explosions and camera shake and more explosions and slow pans and more explosions and Victoria Secret models playing lead actress' roles and more explosions and Bay-slopsions and more explosions...

Yeah, it hasn't been green-lit and I feel like my un-eaten lunch is coming back up...

BTW:

Michael Bay's response to TMNT fandom's call for his head on a pike

I don't know what's crazier... that Bay has enough fans to have a forum dedicated to him, or that people can say "I trusted you with Transformers, I'll trust you with this" with a straight face. :blink:

Mind. Blown.

He's on his high-horse from his success with Transformers so he's confident that he can do whatever he wants with TMNT and get away with it. It will probably make money, therefore it will be considered a success.

The day he's allowed near Macross is the day the world ends.

Michael Bay's pitch for the movie:

"OK, we're going to take the popular Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise and give it a whole new edgy look and feel! First of all, they aren't going to be teenagers, they're going to be an ancient race of aliens from another planet. They're also not going to be mutated in any way, they'll just look strange because they're aliens! It's like, more scientific that way. Also they'll use guns and explosives so they aren't really 'ninjas' per se. Oh, and instead of turtles they're robots!"

Hollywood exec: "What are you going to call it?"

Bay: "Transformers 4!"

Only over in your grave Bay, only over your grave.

A lot of Bay butt-kissers on that forum, but then what do you expect from "The Official Michael Bay Forums"

A lot of Bay butt-kissers on that forum, but then what do you expect from "The Official Michael Bay Forums"

Yeah, one guys quote "I can't believe fandom will hate a movie just because of one little point. "

For prosperity, I shall post the pitch made at 2012 Nickeloden Upfront on March 14, 2012 at the Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York:

(Yeah, Dailymotion doesn't work with media tags.)

Robbie Rist (VA of Michelangelo in the original movies) also posted his response earlier today... I'll let you gents read the TMZ version of it since I can't find the letter.

EX-NINJA TURTLES ACTOR, Michael Bay is 'Sodomizing' the TMNT Legacy

Yeah, I'm beyond caring....

WTF, the turtles are aliens? They aren't going to be mutants? So technically, they can't be turtles either since they're not of earth origin. Are they still going to be teenagers? I read somewhere that these aliens will be ancient? Will they still be ninjas or will they just be MMA fighters? Does the title really mean anything anymore? It should be Ancient Alien MMA....Aliens, haha! TMNT = AAMA. Rock on Bay, you @$$hole.

Edited by peter

I remember reading TMNT when it first came out (original Eastman and Laird comic). The cool thing about the turtles were that they weren't 'good guys'. . . they were just trying to survive in a universe where bizzare things happened, and they had badass enemies like The Foot. And let's not even talk about Casey Jones insanity. Every single iteration of TMNT that has come out subsequently - movies, tv series etc - has really disappointed me, and never captured who the brothers were in the comic.

The day he's allowed near Macross is the day the world ends.

Well isn't that supposed to be 12/12/12, so hopefully he wont be finished ruining TMNT by then.

I remember reading TMNT when it first came out (original Eastman and Laird comic). The cool thing about the turtles were that they weren't 'good guys'. . . they were just trying to survive in a universe where bizzare things happened, and they had badass enemies like The Foot.

Me too I still have some of the comics in storage, they were great because they were so different.

No Spandex and dual personalities like Marvel and DC Heroes etc

Poor Turtles I feel for you.

Edited by big F

I remember reading TMNT when it first came out (original Eastman and Laird comic). The cool thing about the turtles were that they weren't 'good guys'. . . they were just trying to survive in a universe where bizzare things happened, and they had badass enemies like The Foot. And let's not even talk about Casey Jones insanity. Every single iteration of TMNT that has come out subsequently - movies, tv series etc - has really disappointed me, and never captured who the brothers were in the comic.

Yeah, the original comic was dark and gritty, loved it! The first movie was pretty close, but not quite there. The cartoons was for younger children. Wish they could have just made a movie based on the first comic and that's it.

Note, there were very few explosions in the comic.