Aircraft Super Thread Mk.VII

You take that back the A-10B NA/AW is freaking gorgeous, I love driving by it as much as I can since it is parked at the base museum

The YA-10B looks like an egg plane A-10, I think it's cute. ^_^

:edit:

Also, lol Saab.

SaabTunnanEggPlane.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Yeah, no. That doesn't make sense at all.

If you can't tell the difference between, "Hey, this clothing feels so tight I can't breathe well" and, "I'm getting lightheaded for some reason," you have no business anywhere near an aircraft, let alone any moving vehicle. That's two entirely different things.

Still doesn't explain how some of the ground crew are reporting feeling ill when working on the aircraft.

Must be some o' that super secret stuff derived from Area 51... <_<

What? Does anybody buy that "official" explanation? Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything (left my tinfoil hat at home), but...

--"Weather balloon. That's what it was."

--"But, there are several eyewitness accounts that conflict..."

--"I said it was a weather balloon. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. No further comment."

if you're gonna sell a bunch of sh*t--you could at least put it in a fancy mason jar, with a nice label on it.

Does anyone here collect Century Wings 1/72 F-14? I'm thinking of getting the pre-order but am not familiar with the diecast game. Any reasons I should hold off?

I do, and I'm not the only one here that does. Best F-14 model out there bar none. Pricey, and frankly over-priced, but it is the best by far.

Does anyone here collect Century Wings 1/72 F-14? I'm thinking of getting the pre-order but am not familiar with the diecast game. Any reasons I should hold off?

Definitely best in terms of accuracy. However, they are expensive and the brand has recently experienced some QC issues. Recommend that you buy from a reputable dealer just in case.

Thanks guys, will do that. Funny that i'm contemplating spending more than $150 on a non transforming jet but I'd really love to have a good representation of the Turkey :wub: .

Edit: Decided to forgo the pre-order and grabbed a VF-84 F-14A 1991 from an Australian online vendor instead. It's from a couple of years ago though so hopefully it's alright.

Edited by raptormesh

Hearing someone cheer Allah is great with such enthusiasm as the pilot is probably bursting into flames in a flying coffin makes me think twice about whether these so called democratic revolutions will really bring about any real change in the region. Note that I'm not saying Al-Assad is some sort of saint

I like airplanes, puppies, and ice cream.

Edited by Ghost Train

That was as much an instance of "technical malfunction" as someone meeting his end by firing squad and having the autopsy's cause of death read "lead poisoning". When will these tinpot despots learn that making wild claims in order to deny the obvious and/or save face just makes them look pathetically foolish?

Flying low and slow over an area with Anti-Aircraft populating it is just asking to be shot down. I recall another incident that happened in Libya where a Flogger was shot down while flying in the same manner.

Edited by Shadow

lol, lead poisoning and malfunctioned by running into random anti aircraft fire. Sounds like it was shot down to me. The Raptor vest thing sounds interesting since they couldn't figure there was a problem in say over 20 years of use

Anyone goes to Yokota Air Base this weekend? Japanese - American Friendship Festival 2012 is held.

I hope I can see F-22 and V-22, and am looking forward to some flight demos by F/A-18 and others.

http://www.yokota.af...hipfestival.asp

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not up on DoD current events type stuff. So has anyone tried to offer any sort of reasonable explanation for why the Raptors are allegedly making the ground crews sick too? They blaming that on the life support system, too?

:o

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=0tq-wlspDb8&NR=1

Edited by reddsun1